Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree423Likes

Thread: CLUES TO THE LOST DUTCMAN MINE

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Chuck Chatsko

Jun 2012
    HOUSTON
    Garrett pro-something
    308 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

CLUES TO THE LOST DUTCMAN MINE

Here`s a link to some of the clues to Jake`s mine. Feel free to add some more if you can. :: Ghost Towns and Legends of Lost Treasure :: Care2 Groups
    Somero and kkglawson like this.

Sep 2012
    494 times
    Nice link, Thanks 393.

I often wonder if some of the Northward or Southward directions are right
    Steve Jenkins likes this.
    Eric

"Doctor say's its just a slight tick and I should stay away from dishonest people"

us
    Chuck Chatsko

Jun 2012
    HOUSTON
    Garrett pro-something
    308 times

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    3477 times
    Research/Limited field work
    Oh boy, clues to something that doesn't exist...
    ink likes this.

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    7622 times
    Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    How can you be certain that it does not exist? There was a real person named Jacob Waltz, he died in the shop of his friend Julia Thomas, she and her adopted son attempted to find the mine based no Waltz's directions, Dick Holmes, whom was in the room when Waltz died, also got a set of directions and spent many years in the search. Waltz sold a large amount of raw gold to help Julia save her business, and was seen selling gold by a number of other witnesses over the years. None of the people who knew Waltz doubted that he had a rich gold mine, hidden somewhere in the Superstition mountains. Even the carpenter who built his drywasher for him, later went searching for the mine. Several pieces of jewelry and a beautiful match box made from the ore found under Jacob Waltz's deathbed in a candle box still exist, and this ore does not match any kniown source. It is easy to say "it never existed" when no one has found it, but that does not mean it does not exist. Look how long people said that the fabled city of Ubar never existed, the "city so evil that the desert swallowed it up" - until found by the assistance of satellite imagery.

If you have a problem with lost mines in general, keep in mind that a good number of lost mines have been found and are not even discussed today, for they are no longer lost. The once famous lost Mojave gold mine, located west of Quartzsite AZ, was at one time one of the most famous lost mines in AZ; today you can walk in to look it over. The lost Breyfogle mine, also one of the most famous lost mines of all, was found and is today known as the Amargosa mine in CA. Just because no one has found the lost Dutchman mine, does not prove that it never existed. Waltz's gold came from a mine, and perhaps some day, someone will be lucky enough to find it.

Good luck and good hunting Austin, I hope you will open your mind to the possibilities of what may be found; do some research into the Lost Dutchman and be prepared to be surprised that it is indeed factual, and I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
    Oroblanco

[coffee]
    Last edited by Oroblanco; Sep 07, 2013 at 11:13 PM. Reason: spelling and forgot a sentence
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

Dec 2005
    Arizona
    5155 times
    Roy,

Very good post, except for this........"Jacob Waltz, he died in the shop of his friend Julia Thomas". Waltz died in Julia's home.

Take care,

Joe

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    7622 times
    PS here is a poor photo of the famous matchbox, if I can upload it right!
    OroblancoName:  AEmatchbox-of-Waltz-ore.jpg
Views: 8202
Size:  17.2 KB

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    7622 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cactusjumper View Post
    Roy,

Very good post, except for this........"Jacob Waltz, he died in the shop of his friend Julia Thomas". Waltz died in Julia's home.

Take care,

Joe
    I thought that Waltz passed away in the back room of Julia's bakery?

Feb 2004
    Mesa Arizona
    3538 times
    There's a few spots in the Florence area of the Superstitions where you can find good gold with a drywasher. There is a reason he wanted one. However it's not a big size gold method. Can lead to bigger stuff. If your lucky.

us
    Aug 2008
    Ahwatukee
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    No ****, every time somebody comes up with new Jacob Waltz clues, I like to look at the pictures of the yearly Dutchhunters meetings and all the old men that thought at one time they new the where the fabled lost mine was, but alas I never see any gold in the pictures just old gray haired men with motorhomes lol.

Sep 2012
    494 times
    It's all good, the fun is in looking the pleasure will be in finding.

All I can do is read what information others have provided over the years, then throw in my own brand of what makes sense, go out and look. So far I have found markers that others may know about and have not mentioned or they have not been discovered by anyone else. Also some areas with quartz veins with pyrite and other minerals.

I have also seen some of the most amazing desert scenery in the world, and watched as the monsoon's roll in with thunder and lightning, drop buckets of rain to fill the washes and turn the desert into a multicolored garden brimming with life. So even if I don't find gold or silver, I still take the time to look around and admire the scenery with awe, and when I sit around with grey hair I can share those memories with others.
    Eric

"Doctor say's its just a slight tick and I should stay away from dishonest people"

Dec 2005
    Arizona
    5155 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hooch View Post
    No ****, every time somebody comes up with new Jacob Waltz clues, I like to look at the pictures of the yearly Dutchhunters meetings and all the old men that thought at one time they new the where the fabled lost mine was, but alas I never see any gold in the pictures just old gray haired men with motorhomes lol.
    Hooch,

This is gold ore that Kraig Roberts was showing. Believe he claimed it came from the Superstitions:

Greg said he panned out a little gold from this hole:

This is Kochera ore, and is said to contain some gold. believe you can see it if you blow up the picture:

The ore in this ring was claimed to be LDM, from the Superstitions:

There are other pictures, but not for publication.........

Gray-haired Joe

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11777 times
    Cactus, you forgot to mention that appears to be the remains of an old
    Arrastre, and a fairly small one at that. K 'Oro de Tayopa' what is your opinon on it ??

Don Jose de La Mancha
    pippinwhitepaws likes this.
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

Dec 2005
    Arizona
    5155 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp View Post
    Cactus, you forgot to mention that appears to be the remains of an old
    Arrastre, and a fairly small one at that. K 'Oro de Tayopa' what is your opinon on it ??

Don Jose de La Mancha
    Don Jose,

I have posted that picture a number of times in the past, and always referred to it as an arrastre. It could also be a hole for a center pole of a shelter. Greg said they dug some dirt out of the bottom, and he panned the gold out of it. Believe I have a picture of the results......somewhere.

Take care,

Joe

us
    Jan 2012
    Pinal Mountains,Arizona
    Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD. White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013 Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
    516 times
    Prospecting
    How did Julia,and Petrasch know german? And if they didnt,they wrote all that down,not knowing german,as he spoke it.
    Pretty good writing for not knowing german.
    Waltz must have been off his rocker.
    Why would someone who lived in Phoenix,by the salt,go north to the verde,then to the salt,then south to where he was going to.
    Why not go east,and then north a few miles.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links