Will The Real Dutchman Please Stand Up

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummmmmmmm yeah...........Your Dutchman, if I read correctly died in 1866. Our Dutchman passed in 1891 much closer to the Superstitions. So why are you confusing facts here?

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
I fail to see your point, Not Peralta. This forum is about a known and historical man by the name of Jacob Waltz, and his source of gold. I am sure that you can dig up the names of many men named Jake, Jacob, Dutch, from all over the West. What do you mean, the real Dutchman?

You remind me of the story of the drunk that was searching for his car keys that he dropped under a street light. A passerby asked him where he lost his keys. The drunk said he lost them over there, but he could see better under the streetlight!

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Ummmmmmmm yeah...........Your Dutchman, if I read correctly died in 1866. Our Dutchman passed in 1891 much closer to the Superstitions. So why are you confusing facts here?

Eric,

FACTS!. facts! He doan got to show you no stinken facts. Are you trying to say that his Dutch Jake is not Jacob Waltz???

Good luck with that news,

Joe

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The idea of a KGC "club house" in the Spirit Mountain area is unlikely since the Confederates never really made it past Picacho Pass in the New Mexico Territory. We also know Jacob Waltz was part of the Weaver-Peeples party as a gold prospecting expedition up around Yarnell.

So I really don't understand why all the confusing facts. We have documented evidence of Jacob Waltz, and he is obviously not Dutch Jake. So what is the point here? :icon_scratch:

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eric,

FACTS!. facts! He doan got to show you no stinken facts. Are you trying to say that his Dutch Jake is not Jacob Waltz???

Good luck with that news,

Joe

I agree, but I know some rocks that should be tested.

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
The idea of a KGC "club house" in the Spirit Mountain area is unlikely since the Confederates never really made it past Picacho Pass in the New Mexico Territory. We also know Jacob Waltz was part of the Weaver-Peeples party as a gold prospecting expedition up around Yarnell.

So I really don't understand why all the confusing facts. We have documented evidence of Jacob Waltz, and he is obviously not Dutch Jake. So what is the point here? :icon_scratch:

Eric,

There are a lot of "documented" facts floating around about Jacob Waltz, and his history. It's possible that his connection to the Weaver-Peeples party is "manufactured" evidence.:dontknow:

Take care,

Joe

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eric,

There are a lot of "documented" facts floating around about Jacob Waltz, and his history. It's possible that his connection to the Weaver-Peeples party is "manufactured" evidence.:dontknow:

Take care,

Joe

True, we really can't say exactly when and where in much of the mystery, but we do know who Jacob Waltz was and have a reasonable account of his final years in Phoenix, albeit there is still doubt surrounding what was said at the end. I should have put in my opinion he was part of that expedition, for some reason that account just sticks with me. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ther is a lot to consider with this thread,that is why I started it,the time periods in this part of the country have a lot to do with it,so does the conditions of war, and the changes to come for certain people and groups, captain hardy came from the gold fields of California,he was in the mercantile business,which made him rich,he left there and came to one of the worst areas possible,he started a ferry crossing on the Colorado river,he built a town,and owned almost all the businesses there,then expanded with a toll road to Prescott,in Prescott he owned several businesses along with the mercantile stores, and mining, with this it provided him the perfect outlet for knowing every one coming and going,and what every one was doing,when he was asked to write a story,why did this one stick in his mind about the Dutchman,was jake the Dutchman really killed,or was it faked, did the real Dutchman die at walnut creek and his identity used to put a man in the area of the supes,is there a bigger conspiracy, let me hear from you, because I have a lot more on this,np:cat:

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ther is a lot to consider with this thread,that is why I started it,the time periods in this part of the country have a lot to do with it,so does the conditions of war, and the changes to come for certain people and groups, captain hardy came from the gold fields of California,he was in the mercantile business,which made him rich,he left there and came to one of the worst areas possible,he started a ferry crossing on the Colorado river,he built a town,and owned almost all the businesses there,then expanded with a toll road to Prescott,in Prescott he owned several businesses along with the mercantile stores, and mining, with this it provided him the perfect outlet for knowing every one coming and going,and what every one was doing,when he was asked to write a story,why did this one stick in his mind about the Dutchman,was jake the Dutchman really killed,or was it faked, did the real Dutchman die at walnut creek and his identity used to put a man in the area of the supes,is there a bigger conspiracy, let me hear from you, because I have a lot more on this,np:cat:

I'm going to pass on the trip "Down the Rabbit Hole and Through the Looking Glass" so ummmmmmmmm yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh good luck with that.

One suggestion.........change Walnut Creek Canyon to just Walnut Creek.

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Eric,

Anyone who has researched the history of Arizona is familiar with Capt. Hardy and Hardyville. Historically, he and his town have nothing to do with Jacob Waltz and the LDM. On the other hand, it is possible that Waltz may have used his ferry at some point in his travels.

It's becoming much easier to see why NP and Bob Ward were such good friends, as well as how he can see so many things that the rest of us just can't see.:dontknow: Believe I would need a bottle of Beam sitting on the table to have a conversation with NP.

Take care,

Joe

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cactusjumper,as far as bob ward goes, I have never heard some one speak so badly about the dead, if you have no respect for people don't come on this thread and expect anyone to listen to it, go somewhere else .np

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe

Yep, kinda makes more sense now. This whole things reminds me of a Tea Party and a Dormouse telling the story of 3 girls in a well.

Np

Please continue, I'm sure some folks are on the edge of their seats waiting to hear more, so good luck :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread