Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have just read at least 6 accounts of all who have searched the area for years.
Either that mine is not there,in those places,so watlz was off in his directions,or was with a fever and did not know what he was talking about or saying.
Those guys have searched Peters mesa,Tortilla mountain,La Barge,the box,squaw canyon,you name it out there ,and they where there.
For years searching.
Cowboys,treasure hunters,hikers,we are talking outdoors people,not green horns.
Nothing found.
So either Waltz was lost,or he did in fact bury,hide,or conceal it,No one will ever find it.
Plus,150 years with brush growing,it is lost.

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you`re right roadrunner. Maybe it`s better to search for our own treasures than trying to search for someone else`s. I would like to think that there are still some cool finds waiting to be discovered. I wish that I lived close by like you, so I could explore the area more often. The thing that I like the most is the solitude. It`s a drastic contrast from the life in a big city. If you want to, next month, after we take NP to his mission ruins, we can do some panning down Pinto Creek to see if there is any gold down there. And then if your up to it, deep deep deep into Rogers Canyon, past Angel Springs to Rough Canyon.

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm up for panning....................

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe you`re right roadrunner. Maybe it`s better to search for our own treasures than trying to search for someone else`s. I would like to think that there are still some cool finds waiting to be discovered. I wish that I lived close by like you, so I could explore the area more often. The thing that I like the most is the solitude. It`s a drastic contrast from the life in a big city. If you want to, next month, after we take NP to his mission ruins, we can do some panning down Pinto Creek to see if there is any gold down there. And then if your up to it, deep deep deep into Rogers Canyon, past Angel Springs to Rough Canyon.

Are you talking about the Pinto Creek below Iron mountain? Sounds like a plan to me. Ive been doing some mding with my Goldmaster around the area,and some panning around Superior,but nothing but lots of black sands.
Am going to try a couple of other places towards the old Silver King and Queen.
Me and Somero did some test spots out by Queen Valley in a creek,(panning),but came up with nothing so far.
Are you going to have your truck and Rhino?
Somero has a 4x4, and my truck is a Toyota 2 wheel. (2x2)?LOL.

I am going to sign up with the GPAA,and a local club in AJ.
And then one around Stanton. To many people finding there own gold.

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I`ll take you to the spot where I said it looked like gold dust in the pot holes. I see no reason why it wouldn`t still be there.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds great. What days and time are you going to be here,or are you here for the full duration.

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, a lot of stuff is going to happen between now and then. All I can say is I`ll try to be there on Saturday the 26th.

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, a lot of stuff is going to happen between now and then. All I can say is I`ll try to be there on Saturday the 26th.

Hang in there man, even if you don't make the rendezvous we can still go hiking and panning when you get here.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
RR. Keep in mind most fine gold is within 6" of the surface in most washes here in Az. When they are running the gold rolls along the surface and moves about. You dig below that 6" and the gold peters out. Last spring I attended a Roadrunner outing. They brought in heavy equipment and dug to the wash bottom in several places. Under 6" no gold. If you hit a area where water flows for longer periods gold will be found deep. It has a chance to work its way down to the bottom. I'm sure you have watched the washes run here in Az. Fast and quick! You are more than welcome to come to the GPAP meetings and outings without joining to try it out as my guest. When it cools off we will do a run near Queen Valley where gold was recovered in the past by one of our members.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
RR. Keep in mind most fine gold is within 6" of the surface in most washes here in Az. When they are running the gold rolls along the surface and moves about. You dig below that 6" and the gold peters out. Last spring I attended a Roadrunner outing. They brought in heavy equipment and dug to the wash bottom in several places. Under 6" no gold. If you hit a area where water flows for longer periods gold will be found deep. It has a chance to work its way down to the bottom. I'm sure you have watched the washes run here in Az. Fast and quick! You are more than welcome to come to the GPAP meetings and outings without joining to try it out as my guest. When it cools off we will do a run near Queen Valley where gold was recovered in the past by one of our members.

I am going to join the GPAA as soon as I have the extra money.I was going to come to your meetings a few times,but the front end of my truck needed aligned because I put in new control arm bushings,drag link,and a cross link.I was destroying a front tire evry 3 rd trip to the valley.
I would to get out on a hunt with you guys.
I have my front end fixed now,so i will see when I can come out next.
I still have your info.
I live with in 2 blocks of Queen Creek.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions