Another Dutch Hunter Crosses Over

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More sad news; I heard today we lost another Ron. RON EAGLE He was a Viet Nam Veteran and long time Dutch Hunter and had several digs. He was also well known among all Dutch Hunters.

https://www.ajpl.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Ron-Eagle.pdf

RonEagleVN.jpg RonEagle.jpg

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh no mike...what happened to him?...i just saw him this year at the treasure hunter awards

Not sure what happened. Wayne T. texted me and told me the news. I assume Bob Schoose or Frank told him.

Mike

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard it was cancer.
My sympathies to Ron's family and friends.

arcana-exploration

May 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard it was cancer.
My sympathies to Ron's family and friends.

All these great individuals, the travels in the mountains, the experiences, the friendships, the history of what they have all done and still are doing is mind-boggling. What hits me was how different they were yet in many ways almost identical. the saying special breed is often used, but when it comes to these men, they were a most special breed, with a common goal that bonded them together. They were often adversaries, who after a time came to respect each other through a common love of the Supers and it's history and more times than not, adversaries became friends. A special breed indeed.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 of my brothers and sisters have died of Cancer and my mother ... not much fun at all to have or watch .. my prayers go out to his family and friends ..each loss can be over whelming but we aare treasure hunters and know the most valued treasure is family and friends ...stay safe stay free

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those interested in attending, services for Ron Eagle will be held Wednesday (9/11) at 5PM at the Mammoth Saloon in Goldfield.

Mike

Last edited:

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello I did know where to post this , but is any one missing from 2002 . older man 60-70 with a full white beard un cut hair ..most like missing in the winter time or late fall ... can not positively define if this is a human but he showed up in one of my photo from 2002 ...if this some one missing he fell from a cliff about 20 ft high and landed in the rocks below .. I don't want to post the zoom part of this picture . its not a good sight . bleeding from the noise and the left side of the face ...warring a winter coat and dark color shirt .. right arm looks broken..so the question is dose any one know him or know of any one missing from that time span that matches that description ..?

Ponchosportal

Nov 19, 2004
Primary Interest:
Other
hello I did know where to post this , but is any one missing from 2002 . older man 60-70 with a full white beard un cut hair ..most like missing in the winter time or late fall ... can not positively define if this is a human but he showed up in one of my photo from 2002 ...if this some one missing he fell from a cliff about 20 ft high and landed in the rocks below .. I don't want to post the zoom part of this picture . its not a good sight . bleeding from the noise and the left side of the face ...warring a winter coat and dark color shirt .. right arm looks broken..so the question is dose any one know him or know of any one missing from that time span that matches that description ..?

Report this to the local police! You never cease to amaze me.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Report this to the local police! You never cease to amaze me.
I live in northern up state NY .. and I only know the area of where the picture was taken from I would have to go there and find it again . and that takes time and money and I am getting ready to have knee surgery .. if we can find out if any one is missing that would make it much easier to find out if this is human ...in the picture he is laying to the lower right side of the picture and resting in a some what setting up at a angle about 25 ft away ..I have been scanning pictures and zooming in on things of interest or I would have never realized he was there ..all of my expeditions took place between Nov - Dec and if this is a human he has been there less then two weeks at the time the picture was taken ..I don't want to file a faults report . so I will have to go back and locate the spot where the picture was taken from .. I have about 9 pictures of that area and he shows up in like 6 of the 9 photo ...I can not post the picture with out knowing if this is a human is his family out there ...

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
never had the opportunity to meet him. Most of my investigations have been south of the border, but from what they tell me he was qite a a guy. I salute you Ron, from one war to the next.MYRIP p.s. you now know the truth of the LDM

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
so its been a few days and no reply . so I will post the picture and maybe its not a man at all but I think I can see his thumb on his right hand so I still think this is a old man laying back to the wall ,mods if this is a dead man you can pull or delete it if you wish ...if this is a human , dose anyone know him . this picture was taken in 2002 November
wrong thread..this is a memorial thread

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry, I just can not keep wasting time posting pictures so the girls have something to complain about ! if that is a dead guy he has more right in this thread then all the people typing in it ...

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
sorry, I just can not keep wasting time posting pictures so the girls have something to complain about ! if that is a dead guy he has more right in this thread then all the people typing in it ...

I understand but it would be appreciated if you could leave the photos online a little bit longer? I can't be online all the time and not even every day although I try to at least once per day. All I saw was the odd back and forth and your mention of not posting the photo - never saw what ever it was.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread