Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I miss ole’ Cactusjumper. I always thought of him as one of the main players on here. He was very knowledgeable and made searching for the mine and discussing it on here, and possibly finding it a captivating subject.

This LDM forum basically died with him. He was a great foil. Without him the best, most knowledgeable discussions and debates on here wouldn't have happened.

Now, all that's left are a bunch of new posters making things up.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
This LDM forum basically died with him. He was a great foil. Without him the best, most knowledgeable discussions and debates on here wouldn't have happened.

Now, all that's left are a bunch of new posters making things up.
Sorry for your loss Deducer.
I didn’t know cactus jumper, but can tell he meant a lot to you.

Sincerely,
Idahodutch

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of us old timers remember SomeHiker on here. He was one of the BIG DOGS when it came to the LDM. He was the 1st one to help me out when I started back in 2012. His vast knowledge never ceased to amaze me. R.I.P. Wayne Spencer. My next hike out will be in his honor.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My condolences to his family, and friends. He made a lot of cool finds in those Salt mountains. We shared a lot of information for around fourteen years in treasure forums, and agreed most of the time. Never got to meet him, will sure miss his posts.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry to hear of Wayne's passing - he was a colorful, interesting, enthusiastic and friendly fellow. He got to places out there and saw things that most of us wouldn't have the energy to do.

Fly high Wayne - you will be sorely missed

jeffhowlett

Jul 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For several years I would open check to see if Somehiker or Mike G had posted, if so I would open and read. If they had not posted I would usually not open any posts. For a long time, it seemed that Wayne had not posted and I feared he was ill. Of all the posters on this forum, to me, Wayne was the most knowledgeable and had great processes of thought and a way to put pen to paper. Most of all I could tell he was a gentleman, I had hoped I would meet him at a Rendezvous some year. To those who knew him well, I am sure there will be a void. RIP Somehiker Jeff - Arcana Exploration.

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just learned that another one of my friends has passed away as well.

elgatodelnoche, a.k.a. Dan Gamache was an avid hiker out in the Superstitions. We hiked to the Pit Mine together
002.JPG
years ago.​

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Rest in peace, Wayne Spencer. One of my good friends and one of the true giants of all things Superstitions. His true passion was the Stone Maps, but he was very knowledgeable about many other things, including the LDM.

He was a real explorer of these mountains, right up there with Al Reser, Tom K., Abe Reid, Jim Hatt, Clay Worst, and many other mountain men whose love of the Superstitions knew no bound.

184656_1903515711247_510070_n.jpg

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just learned that another one of my friends has passed away as well.

elgatodelnoche, a.k.a. Dan Gamache was an avid hiker out in the Superstitions. We hiked to the Pit Mine together View attachment 2092919 years ago.​

I only met Dan once and he was a likeable fellow - sorry to see another one go down the road :(. Thanks for letting us know 393.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHAHA I have an elgatodelnorte story; On the Tumacacori Forum here, elgato started posting about a hidden treasure in Peck Canyon stashed in the rocks. Seemed at least worth looking at (I have driven farther with less info). I told him when I was leaving AND WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT! A black military helicopter came in with a team of commandos. If I would have driven from Los Angeles to Tumacacori for somebody's fantasy? Wouldn't have been a happy day! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread