Prospecting/LDM hunting/stoners

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Drove up to Dewey to help a friend set up his Gold Well sluice. A neighbor of his had given him 5 five gallon buckets of beat to death black sand that he had run in his sluice, la trap and then hand panned. We ran 2 gallon of that in the Gold Well and this is the results. Unbelievable!

image-1315266935.jpg

image-63556172.jpg

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drove up to Dewey to help a friend set up his Gold Well sluice. A neighbor of his had given him 5 five gallon buckets of beat to death black sand that he had run in his sluice, la trap and then hand panned. We ran 2 gallon of that in the Gold Well and this is the results. Unbelievable!

View attachment 897448

View attachment 897449

Frank - saw that on your facebook post yesterday - pretty impressive! While it definitely should improve gold recovery for prospectors, the fellow who developed and patented the machine is the one who should REALLY come out with some serious $$ in the end.

I'm going to try to plan a trip next spring - I'll be in touch as I'd like to spend at least a day with you or your group learning some of the tricks of the trade and having some fun!

Paul

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wish I had the money,or some one who would invest in it and my family will move there to live on it,work it, and protect it.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I had the money,or some one who would invest in it and my family will move there to live on it,work it, and protect it.

If I were single, I'd love something like that if it's a legitimate offer.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey it's California. Chop a coupla trees down and wait for the hippies to show up with their locks and chains.
They might not drink much, but the TV news crews that will follow them in certainly do.
Might even make a good reality show. Probably as good as anything else out there.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey it's California. Chop a coupla trees down and wait for the hippies to show up with their locks and chains.
They might not drink much, but the TV news crews that will follow them in certainly do.
Might even make a good reality show. Probably as good as anything else out there.

Hey SH - why don't you buy it!!?? You don't really want to keep telling people you're fraom Canada all your life do you? :)

Seriously - spend some of your miserly $$ and I'll bet a bunch of us here would at least pay you a fee to come stay at your place for a week or two to poke around!

Life's short - go for it :).

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey SH - why don't you buy it!!?? You don't really want to keep telling people you're fraom Canada all your life do you? :)

Seriously - spend some of your miserly $$ and I'll bet a bunch of us here would at least pay you a fee to come stay at your place for a week or two to poke around!

Life's short - go for it :).

That news item did kinda get my attention. Heard some say that the best way to cash in your gold "futures" would be to own a producing property.
Who knows what might still be underground way out there in lala land. Not sure how the neighbors might take to a bunch of LDM types hanging around though.
They sound just a bit uppity to me. But then again, seems the sight of a bunch of us all together, like it was a couple of weeks ago, gets to makin some folks sorta shy eh.

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That news item did kinda get my attention. Heard some say that the best way to cash in your gold "futures" would be to own a producing property.
Who knows what might still be underground way out there in lala land. Not sure how the neighbors might take to a bunch of LDM types hanging around though.
They sound just a bit uppity to me. But then again, seems the sight of a bunch of us all together, like it was a couple of weeks ago, gets to makin some folks sorta shy eh.

If they ask why a bunch of LDM hunters are there we could say all the clues point to that area. Donald can spellbind them with his stories and we could make a fortune selling shovels and pans. Maybe even open up one of them "medical smokeshops" and SH and Sgtfda can run the Still and Brewery around back. For the more conservatives Oro's famed sock coffee, Don Jose can we barrow your beautiful mule to give the kids rides just to keep it family oriented?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions