Is the Pit Mine really the Lost Dutchman mine?

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow. Jeez that's crazy. I will take a gun next time. Lol.

I think all those old gin-soaked crooks and con men have pretty much died off...liars, fakers, etc...I knew a few many decades ago, was always glad to be clear of them. I always thought LDM hunters were nuts and crooks until I ran across Feldmans forum and then this one...some pretty decent folks around nowadays...

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I think all those old gin-soaked crooks and con men have pretty much died off...liars, fakers, etc...I knew a few many decades ago, was always glad to be clear of them. I always thought LDM hunters were nuts and crooks until I ran across Feldmans forum and then this one...some pretty decent folks around nowadays...
the con men of today dont use guns..just their mouths

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homar
How did they refine and make the gold bars?

Howdy Sarge,

You know the process, the question should be who, and where? Were they taken by the Apache from the Spaniards on their way to Mexico City, or some shipping port? Much like the Victorio's Peak, Caballo's, and Guadalupe Mountains stashes? Or could there be some truth to the Jesuits hiding their treasures in the Superstitions?

Homar

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe for the most part, but I was shot at in Sep 2016. The girl from SAR told me they had been shot at the year before. Some are still out there.

Mike

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe for the most part, but I was shot at in Sep 2016. The girl from SAR told me they had been shot at the year before. Some are still out there.

Mike

Holy crap man! That is too close and too recent. I heard one gunshot up in Pistol Canyon but it was a ways off..

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other

Mike

I'm just glad they didn't hit you or the SAR lady, Mike...I think I remember you telling of that particular instance, that the rounds were really close to you and you weren't going to put up with that...I don't blame you...when I was a kid, my friend and I were riding our bicycles up at the old Deer Valley Cycle Park, then went over to the sand and gravel pit...we got too close to some jerk and he started shooting at us...I don't think he meant to hit us, but I was out of there so fast I didn't even know that he had hit my bike until I sat down on the seat and it collapsed...when we got home, my buddy's dad was so pissed he grabbed his gun and went up there and arrested the guy...he was using a mini-14...I'm pretty sure that area was where the Union Hills gold mine was...

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other

I feel ya on that Jim. Both forums and all the people I have interacted with have been 100 straight up good guys.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

Mike
mike..you and i live here so we have seen what goes on up there..its hard to explain to people that are only here a couple weeks out of the year how it is...we have seen and met all the con men...liars..thieves and murderers that hang out up there...if they choose to believe it is a playground up there then that's their choice...all one has to do is swing by the sheriffs office and request the crime reports for the area for the past 10 years..might be a reality check for them

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Sarge,

You know the process, the question should be who, and where? Were they taken by the Apache from the Spaniards on their way to Mexico City, or some shipping port? Much like the Victorio's Peak, Caballo's, and Guadalupe Mountains stashes? Or could there be some truth to the Jesuits hiding their treasures in the Superstitions?

Homar

My votes with the Apache they wanted everyone out of their area. Sandal wearing priests are not going to spend the energy to carry treasures to the Supers. Water, easy trails for their donkeys, and tame Indians with no weapons- that’s the priests domain. My guess is church treasures found and still buried are not far from the main trails and missions. Apaches knew what drew Spaniards to mountains- gold & silver. Get rid of Spaniards and hide gold so they don’t come back.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My votes with the Apache they wanted everyone out of their area. Sandal wearing priests are not going to spend the energy to carry treasures to the Supers. Water, easy trails for their donkeys, and tame Indians with no weapons- that’s the priests domain. My guess is church treasures found and still buried are not far from the main trails and missions. Apaches knew what drew Spaniards to mountains- gold & silver. Get rid of Spaniards and hide gold so they don’t come back.
The church items were magic to the indians, if they hid them, and I think they did, they would have hid them where no one would ever find them and that place would be sacred to the indians, a place of bad spirits.

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
mike..you and i live here so we have seen what goes on up there..its hard to explain to people that are only here a couple weeks out of the year how it is...we have seen and met all the con men...liars..thieves and murderers that hang out up there...if they choose to believe it is a playground up there then that's their choice...all one has to do is swing by the sheriffs office and request the crime reports for the area for the past 10 years..might be a reality check for them

You're right, Dave...I'm just a G&#Da*& snowbird now:laughing7:...maybe I do need a reality check

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
You're right, Dave...I'm just a G&#Da*& snowbird now:laughing7:...maybe I do need a reality check

Don't mind Dave. His xenophobia flares up every now and then. I suppose he considers himself some sort of a gatekeeper- I'll have to ask him for permission to enter the Supers next time I'm up there.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Don't mind Dave. His xenophobia flares up every now and then. I suppose he considers himself some sort of gatekeeper- I'll have to ask him for permission to enter the Supers next time I'm up there.
you have my permission....dont forget to sign in at the gate:headbang:

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Boring in here tonight. Everyone having fun at the rendezvous and I am stuck in Tennessee. On another note. Does anyone have good pictures of Kochera Ore?

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't mind Dave. His xenophobia flares up every now and then. I suppose he considers himself some sort of a gatekeeper- I'll have to ask him for permission to enter the Supers next time I'm up there.

Lol...I don't mind Dave...he knows I like him...my own family calls me a G-D-Snowbird now...I are one...and Dave was right, I can't ask for more than that...

Those are some wicked tall snake chaps by the way...you don't play around...

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad & I had bullets whizzing over us, he pushed me & we went to the ground behind a mound. he had that Winchester model 70? 30-06 with his eye to the scope looking for the source, we heard doors close & a vehicle drove off. This was in the late 60's, It scared the hell out of me.

One time we were core drilling & I was collecting gun shells while I was waiting to add another 5 ft drill rod. I got a hand full of cholla, my dad whipped out his pocket comb to pull it off my hand, man that hurt!!! I mention this because I never touched the ground out there again!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread