Is the Pit Mine really the Lost Dutchman mine?

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Enjoy your balloon ride
Thanks old friend.
Shall I make myself known to you and yours as we pass silently above Neverland?
Yes, I think that I do see you standing there, just behind J.M. Barrie and his group of lost hikers.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen end it or I will and you want like it!

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. You're a rectum if your opinion is negative ? Just because millions watched the show ,it clearly doesn't make them all fans. I know of several that watched the series because of other series of treasure and gold before it and ended up just as disappointed as me. I'm not going to say, Oh my God I loved it. When I didn't. It was an insult to my intelligence if anything. It was written/produced for the naive viewer. That is the way it came across to me. Nothing personal. image-da20cf30e964473242c2782b78fbc45e.jpg That is all.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Wow. You're a rectum if your opinion is negative ? Just because millions watched the show ,it clearly doesn't make them all fans. I know of several that watched the series because of other series of treasure and gold before it and ended up just as disappointed as me. I'm not going to say, Oh my God I loved it. When I didn't. It was an insult to my intelligence if anything. It was written/produced for the naive viewer. That is the way it came across to me. Nothing personal. View attachment 1147284 That is all.

The naive viewer.
That is a great book title.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
As long as they watch. You can't hate something if you don't watch. It was fun. I have people stop me every day to tell me how much they love it. There will always be those who don't care for it or are jealous. You will have those that just spend their lives hating things. That's fine I'm happy. I found more gold locations while filming and it's fun revisiting those locations.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Out of the Indian approach to life there came a great freedom, an intense and absorbing respect for life, enriching faith in a Supreme Power, and principles of truth, honesty, generosity, equity, and brotherhood as a guide to mundane relations.

- Black Elk, Oglala Lakota Sioux (1863-1950)

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Out of the Indian approach to life there came a great freedom, an intense and absorbing respect for life, enriching faith in a Supreme Power, and principles of truth, honesty, generosity, equity, and brotherhood as a guide to mundane relations.

- Black Elk, Oglala Lakota Sioux (1863-1950)

Hmm that is opening a whole different can-o-worms. That beautiful statement of philosophy may be true for the Indian way of life in some ways, and yet the same peoples were committing some horrific atrocities, and were not above slaughtering entire herds of buffalo, using but a fraction of the meat and hides. Constant warfare and raiding neighboring peoples were a way of life, some tribes even indulging in cannibalism. Lets not paint the past in false colors.

Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hmm that is opening a whole different can-o-worms. That beautiful statement of philosophy may be true for the Indian way of life in some ways, and yet the same peoples were committing some horrific atrocities, and were not above slaughtering entire herds of buffalo, using but a fraction of the meat and hides. Constant warfare and raiding neighboring peoples were a way of life, some tribes even indulging in cannibalism. Lets not paint the past in false colors.

Oroblanco
It was a very real Sioux philosophy and I thought that it was entirely appropriate to post.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oroblanco

While I agree with your comments about committing atrocities and raiding neighboring tribes, I'm only aware of white men slaughtering entire herds of buffalo that they didn't eat. Usually Native Americans only killed as many buffalo as they needed, and very little went to waste.

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
While I agree with your comments about committing atrocities and raiding neighboring tribes, I'm only aware of white men slaughtering entire herds of buffalo that they didn't eat. Usually Native Americans only killed as many buffalo as they needed, and very little went to waste.

Check out some of the pre-Columbian "buffalo jump" sites where Amerindians drove whole herds to their deaths over cliffs, then used very little of the resulting meat, hides etc as one example. Can't blame those on the Europeans. Antelope were virtually exterminated from parts of the southwest even before Europeans arrived there, through the use of shrub-brush fences into which the animals were driven like a funnel. Whites were not the only ones prone to wholesale slaughter of wildlife.

Please do continue amigos,
Oroblanco

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Check out some of the pre-Columbian "buffalo jump" sites where Amerindians drove whole herds to their deaths over cliffs, then used very little of the resulting meat, hides etc as one example. Can't blame those on the Europeans. Antelope were virtually exterminated from parts of the southwest even before Europeans arrived there, through the use of shrub-brush fences into which the animals were driven like a funnel. Whites were not the only ones prone to wholesale slaughter of wildlife.

Please do continue amigos,
Oroblanco
Oro,
Perhaps it comes down to intent. It would have been difficult to break a heard selecting just the needed few for a buffalo jump and I am sure that the archeological record supports your idea of Amerindians waste. Kill a few extra bison or watch your people starve?

Now compare that reasoning to the deliberate and senseless destruction of the plains bison for what we are told was sport but, in reality, was something much more sinister. Remove the food supply, the traditions and then the people.

People are the same everywhere.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The buffalo herds at that time numbered in the many millions, that would be a lot of arrows to make, including stone points! I am not aware of any documented cases with verifiable evidence where large numbers of buffalo were killed by such weapons and then not used or eaten. Native American tribes on the plains moved around a lot because they were following the herds, and making seasonal trips based on weather patterns, not because they were hunting buffalo herds to depletion. But of course as always, I stand ready for my opinions to be corrected with verifiable evidence.

Last edited:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And please recall that horses were not introduced to the Americas until the Spanish arrived, so they would be chasing the buffalo on foot. Now after the Spanish had brought horses, steel knives, and guns to the Americas, then the natives started using them to hunt buffalo. Not before.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
And please recall that horses were not introduced to the Americas until the Spanish arrived, so they would be chasing the buffalo on foot. Now after the Spanish had brought horses, steel knives, and guns to the Americas, then the natives started using them to hunt buffalo. Not before.
Re-introduced. : )

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct, its thought that horses native to North America went extinct around 10,000 years ago due to changes in climate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread