Is the Pit Mine really the Lost Dutchman mine?

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Easier and cheaper than that even. I was out to a dollar store this afternoon to pick up some paint rollers and brushes, and lo and behold, they had a whole aisle of craft supplies there. They got bags of metallic gold sand, flakes, and even gold putty stuff for making your own nuggets with. All for a buck or two. They even had bags of those jewels, like Mick's been finding in the stream bed out there.
Two by Fours......nah.....Mick's gold plaques were obviously obviously cast in wooden molds. THAT'S how they got that wood grain and splinter effect on them.

I've never been in a dollar store, I would guess you shop there often. You seam to know the lay out pretty good. How's the fine 5 star food taste, Nummie
Now you often say post a pic, and we'll believe you. Then I do and you don't believe anyways. It's seems your mind can't comprehend what your vision see's, I'd get some dollar store medical supplies to help you out.

You seam to see things that aren't there, Dollar store glasses might work.

You and Dave could of just said your broke and can't cover it.
Or Canadian rules makes it impossible to do so,

Well anyway I knew you two's would side skirt around it, Goodnite take care

babymick.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Sterling silver and flawless stone's

IMG_1556.JPG

TopNotch

babymick1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I've never been in a dollar store, I would guess you shop there often. You seam to know the lay out pretty good. How's the fine 5 star food taste, Nummie
Now you often say post a pic, and we'll believe you. Then I do and you don't believe anyways. It's seems your mind can't comprehend what your vision see's, I'd get some dollar store medical supplies to help you out.

babymick.
mick...you have no way to prove anything so a bet would be a waste of valuable time..the pic you posted with the lovely gold ore you were holding was photo-shopped..i suspect you know a little more about computers than you let on:icon_thumright:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly.
That's the way it always is though. They think the more they brag about it, the less they need to prove.
Must be that new math I've heard about.

You people are hilarious...roflmao....

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

babymick.

I'm sure you're strictly a Saks Fifth Avenue shopper Mick, but you seem to know a lot about what can be found at your local dollar store than I do, so I'll give you that.
Do they have edible crayons too? Just wondering, cause they's probably better for your 5 star taste buds, and your digestive system, than the ones you get at Saks.....just sayin.
I wouldn't have any trouble covering your bet. And if you can show up with even ONE 5 gal pail of real gold, we can be certain that you wouldn't have any problem either.
There isn't any rules regulating small bets, but if we were to up the ante to say, ten grand US, then an income declaration would have to be made I guess. Even that's no problem, but it would involve paperwork and escrows.....you know, legal stuff. Makes it all very real though. No side-skirtin that.
Go ahead and post your pictures of the house in the cave you say you found. I'll go back to the DS and pick up a pair of them glasses and have a look.
Maybe even have another look at the ones of your golden plaques and crystal cave....and oh yah....that horse of yours too.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You people are hilarious...roflmao....

Indeed !
Me and Dave only read your stuff for the laughs John...honestly.....roflmao....
HAHA, we just crack us up......roflmaoa

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Not to stir the pot, but what is so bad about dollar stores? I know a millionaire that often shops at a dollar store, why spend more than is necessary?

Also have to agree that if you have a rich gold mine that is paying you well, what is so important to get others to believe it is the Lost Dutchman's gold mine? I would not care if it was called any name at all, nor if anyone believed it was the LDM or the moon. I don't get that.

The Lost Dutchman gold mine must be the MOST FREQUENTLY FOUND lost mine in all of history. I have now lost count of how many times it has been found. Maybe we ought to start calling it the Found Dutchman Mine?

I have heard of a Syn Doad manuscript a couple of years ago and could not track it down, hope that it will become available to the public at some point. Also I am impressed at how quickly you figured out that language Somehiker and a few others, I had NO clue what language those words might be and thought it might be some kind of a name! But as a last testament it makes perfect sense.

However what an odd language choice for the title, makes you wonder about the person that chose it - was that person (the author or the transcriber?) from West Frisia? This could be a pretty good clue to track down that person anyway.

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Roy:

So happens I live in a city that was called Berlin, until WW1 that is, when a wild bunch of British immigrants tossed the Kaiser's statue into Victoria Lake (a big pond really) in the center of the city. While the German founding fathers were busy diving for the statue, which to this day has never been found, the upstarts re-named the old burg after Lord Kitchener, who happened to be their own Man of the Hour. Local libraries still have various books in new and old German on their shelves .
Didn't do me any good this time though, so I just Googled it. Musta used the right keywords I guess, cause the translator identified both source and meaning.
My guess is that "SYN DOAD" was added by the transcriber to indicate the type of document. Perhaps created for possible future legal use. (ownership or inheritance dispute ? )

Yep, some good deals on what you can get at the dollar stores. A lot of it is junk, but it's the same junk sold by bigger places with fancy names, but costs a lot less. And when I go out to the garage to get a brush, and it's stuck to the bottom of the can I last cleaned it in,.... well....there's always a DS just a couple of blocks away.

Last edited:

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Lots of "PA Dutch" moved up your way SH...another one of my hobbies is the pre- and post-revolution period in PA since I live here most of the year...also Dollar store only game in town in Ash Fork (AZ), after beating the crap out of myself and my truck for 30 minutes just to traverse the five miles into town, I'm not driving all the way to Williams to buy the same stuff at twice the price...money=freedom, if you waste money you are only squandering your own freedom...to each his own, though...

Oro I agree, the old German/Frisian might be a major clue to track down who wrote it...or kept it for "safekeeping"...assuming manuscript is in Spanish, dying (pun intended) to find out, Deducer, what is your assessment of the manuscript in general? I.E. is the paper/ink it's written with what you would expect, any clues in the "vernacular" of the document that might give you an idea of same, etc. Good posts gents, out the door to go sledding in the woods up on the St. Lawrence...been looking forward to it...happy Sunday! Jim

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
mick...you have no way to prove anything so a bet would be a waste of valuable time..the pic you posted with the lovely gold ore you were holding was photo-shopped..i suspect you know a little more about computers than you let on:icon_thumright:

like I said Dave, Your like the rest and use the side skirt,
Your the top Gardians of the truth, Except you put Know work or boots on the ground. How does that work,
You better jump back on the lazy boy and snuggle in there snuggles.

Just sit back and let the real Treasure Hunters handle this

Who know someday you can even tell people YOU WHERE THERE,

I knew BABYMICK1

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Roy:

So happens I live in a city that was called Berlin, until WW1 that is, when a wild bunch of British immigrants tossed the Kaiser's statue into Victoria Lake (a big pond really) in the center of the city. While the German founding fathers were busy diving for the statue, which to this day has never been found, the upstarts re-named the old burg after Lord Kitchener, who happened to be their own Man of the Hour. Local libraries still have various books in new and old German on their shelves .
Didn't do me any good this time though, so I just Googled it. Musta used the right keywords I guess, cause the translator identified both source and meaning.
My guess is that "SYN DOAD" was added by the transcriber to indicate the type of document. Perhaps created for possible future legal use. (ownership or inheritance dispute ? )

Yep, some good deals on what you can get at the dollar stores. A lot of it is junk, but it's the same junk sold by bigger places with fancy names, but costs a lot less. And when I go out to the garage to get a brush, and it's stuck to the bottom of the can I last cleaned it in,.... well....there's always a DS just a couple of blocks away.

Remember Dime Stores?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember Dime Stores?

Yep, even the creaky hardwood floors and especially the S-shaped cafeteria counters, where you could get a BLT, fries, and a coke or vernors for less than two bucks.
These are two which I remember well.....

Woolworth's Windsor.jpg Kresge's Detroit.jpg

Woolworth's morphed into Woolco, and Kresge's into K-Mart....both gone now...overrun by Walmart.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of "PA Dutch" moved up your way SH...another one of my hobbies is the pre- and post-revolution period in PA since I live here most of the year...also Dollar store only game in town in Ash Fork (AZ), after beating the crap out of myself and my truck for 30 minutes just to traverse the five miles into town, I'm not driving all the way to Williams to buy the same stuff at twice the price...money=freedom, if you waste money you are only squandering your own freedom...to each his own, though...

Oro I agree, the old German/Frisian might be a major clue to track down who wrote it...or kept it for "safekeeping"...assuming manuscript is in Spanish, dying (pun intended) to find out, Deducer, what is your assessment of the manuscript in general? I.E. is the paper/ink it's written with what you would expect, any clues in the "vernacular" of the document that might give you an idea of same, etc. Good posts gents, out the door to go sledding in the woods up on the St. Lawrence...been looking forward to it...happy Sunday! Jim

Lots of farms north and northwest of here are Amish and Old-Order Mennonite. Nice folks and very polite.
Lines of buggies up and down the roads on Sundays. Sometimes see them giving the kids a tour of the "other side of the tracks" in my own part of town.

tourists.jpg

What kinda sled ya riding ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hi Roy:

I would not have thought Google would be able to ID such an uncommon language, much less translate it. Another surprise!

:coffee2: :coffee2:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to stir the pot, but what is so bad about dollar stores? I know a millionaire that often shops at a dollar store, why spend more than is necessary?

Also have to agree that if you have a rich gold mine that is paying you well, what is so important to get others to believe it is the Lost Dutchman's gold mine? I would not care if it was called any name at all, nor if anyone believed it was the LDM or the moon. I don't get that.

The Lost Dutchman gold mine must be the MOST FREQUENTLY FOUND lost mine in all of history. I have now lost count of how many times it has been found. Maybe we ought to start calling it the Found Dutchman Mine?

I have heard of a Syn Doad manuscript a couple of years ago and could not track it down, hope that it will become available to the public at some point. Also I am impressed at how quickly you figured out that language Somehiker and a few others, I had NO clue what language those words might be and thought it might be some kind of a name! But as a last testament it makes perfect sense.

However what an odd language choice for the title, makes you wonder about the person that chose it - was that person (the author or the transcriber?) from West Frisia? This could be a pretty good clue to track down that person anyway.

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

I have heard that moon rocks are worth quite a bit Oro...Have you heard the story about the woman who bought a NASA bag with traces of moon rocks in it that is worth a mint???

Anyhow...For some silly reason this song came to mind... hehehe

IF I only knew how to return to said mine Oro...I really wouldn't care what anyone would call IT...

Oh...And here is a link to the story about the bag...http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-moon-dust-bag-auction-met-20170720-story.html

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
lol..john is a riot...but when you get john and mick on at the same time..its better than tv:headbang:

Welcome to the John Wayne Show!
Are special guest to night, Azdave and on the phone Somehiker!
Dave will be discussing the lazy boy and how to search the Mongolian Rim,
and when you come face to face with the Mongolian Rim it gets pretty harry in there, Somehiker replies, Yeah when you go in there make sure the Strap On the saddle is tight, Mine slipped once on a Horse and it hurt. Azdave replies, yeah it happened to me to but with a Donkey. And don't get caught between the forks it can be a sticky situation.

Somehiker replies, Trans-verging that unknown territory anything can Popup!
Azdave Replies, I don't I had a Ball in there, I didn't think it was to Harry!

Well next week are guests will be Markmar and Deducer
Giving pointers How to dig deep for the ORO,

Peace out from the John Wayne Show!

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the John Wayne Show!
Are special guest to night, Azdave and on the phone Somehiker!
Dave will be discussing the lazy boy and how to search the Mongolian Rim,
and when you come face to face with the Mongolian Rim it gets pretty harry in there, Somehiker replies, Yeah when you go in there make sure the Strap On the saddle is tight, Mine slipped once on a Horse and it hurt. Azdave replies, yeah it happened to me to but with a Donkey. And don't get caught between the forks it can be a sticky situation.

Somehiker replies, Trans-verging that unknown territory anything can Popup!
Azdave Replies, I don't I had a Ball in there, I didn't think it was to Harry!

Well next week are guests will be Markmar and Deducer
Giving pointers How to dig deep for the ORO,

Peace out from the John Wayne Show!

Right Arm......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread