Is the Pit Mine really the Lost Dutchman mine?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beavis and Butthead late night T-Net show.
The Ren and Stimpy of meaningful discourse.
They should take it on the road.
Cause it's Comedy Gold.

I'll be lmao and thinking of ya'll and your comments the next time I am in Mazatlan sipping margaritas while eating my coconut with shrimp...While Jimmy Buffet is playing in the background...Who knows when that might be with the travel advisory and all in place right now???

I personally think that you and dave are much funnier than Wayne and I...But who can say for certain...

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be lmao and thinking of ya'll and your comments the next time I am in Mazatlan sipping margaritas while eating my coconut with shrimp...While Jimmy Buffet is playing in the background...Who knows when that might be with the travel advisory and all in place right now???

I personally think that you and dave are much funnier than Wayne and I...But who can say for certain...

Be sure to send us a post card.....rotflmao
I'd rather go to Kokomo 8-)

Last edited:

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What, what, what, what? Have all the LDM hunters gone to the mountains and left their children in charge of TNET? I can't remember the name of this thread. It is not the LDM SO PZZZZZZT!

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe a new record for a single thread though.
1511 posts on 101 pages.......
I'm still sure they got it all wrong, but the Pit Mine has certainly been a hot topic on this board.
Obviously, there are plenty of folks interested in the whether or not aspects of the story as it has been spun so far.

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
What, what, what, what? Have all the LDM hunters gone to the mountains and left their children in charge of TNET? I can't remember the name of this thread. It is not the LDM SO PZZZZZZT!

Posters are continuing to engage the trolls despite my suggestion to just ignore them, resulting in all this back and forth bickering that's cluttering up this thread and making it hard to have an interesting discussion.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Oro I agree, the old German/Frisian might be a major clue to track down who wrote it...or kept it for "safekeeping"...assuming manuscript is in Spanish, dying (pun intended) to find out, Deducer, what is your assessment of the manuscript in general? I.E. is the paper/ink it's written with what you would expect, any clues in the "vernacular" of the document that might give you an idea of same, etc. Good posts gents, out the door to go sledding in the woods up on the St. Lawrence...been looking forward to it...happy Sunday! Jim

Jim,

I have been given permission to post excerpts from the manuscript, it was apparently written by Andy Syndbad, and is based on an oral recounting he received in 1953. But until the discussion returns to topic, I have no interest in contributing further.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Jim,

I have been given permission to post excerpts from the manuscript, it was apparently written by Andy Syndbad, and is based on an oral recounting he received in 1953. But until the discussion returns to topic, I have no interest in contributing further.

andy synbad and herman petrash were good friends......herman gave andy a pinfire revolver that belonged to the dutchman...herman kept the revolver until the end of his life and then passed it onto andy

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Jim,

lol...if you guys would post something interesting we wouldn't have to beat up on each other:occasion14:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
lol...if you guys would post something interesting we wouldn't have to beat up on each other:occasion14:

Dave,

Andy Syndbad is interesting. Probably be a good idea to ask Tom Kollenborn about him, as he knew him. The stories that seem to touch on him are strange to say the least.

Take care,

Joe

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim,

Ahhhh...thanks Deducer...for some reason I had assumed that the manuscript was something you or a friend had dug out of some Spanish archive, or received from an old Spanish or Mexican family. Still, very interesting.

andy synbad and herman petrash were good friends......herman gave andy a pinfire revolver that belonged to the dutchman...herman kept the revolver until the end of his life and then passed it onto andy

Thanks Dave...I guess the old German Syn Doad (vice Sein Tod) was a reference to Herman's death, maybe something he told Andy Synbad in the months leading up to his death? (Synbad...hmmm...was that a real name? Not sure what "his bath" would have to do with anything tho:tongue3:)

Something tells me this might be old news in the DH community...even so, for those of us that have never heard of it, it's very interesting...Thanks Gents...Jim

EDIT: (I was wondering what you knew about this Joe...was writing this while you posted above about TK...thanks)

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Ahhhh...thanks Deducer...for some reason I had assumed that the manuscript was something you or a friend had dug out of some Spanish archive, or received from an old Spanish or Mexican family. Still, very interesting.

Thanks Dave...I guess the old German Syn Doad (vice Sein Tod) was a reference to Herman's death, maybe something he told Andy Synbad in the months leading up to his death? (Synbad...hmmm...was that a real name? Not sure what "his bath" would have to do with anything tho:tongue3:)

Something tells me this might be old news in the DH community...even so, for those of us that have never heard of it, it's very interesting...Thanks Gents...Jim

EDIT: (I was wondering what you knew about this Joe...was writing this while you posted above about TK...thanks)

jim...andy was german and he spoke german so him and herman got along right off the bat....herman told andy everything he knew before he died (not just the spewl that he gave the tourist's but the facts as he knew them)...he also told andy that he passed this info onto him because andy never asked him what the dutchman said...everyone else that showed up at hermans place was only there to learn what herman knew....not to visit herman so he fed them full of b.s...andy was his friend and helped herman alot so he repaid andy and passed the torch before he died

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
jim...andy was german and he spoke german so him and herman got along right off the bat....herman told andy everything he knew before he died (not just the spewl that he gave the tourist's but the facts as he knew them)...he also told andy that he passed this info onto him because andy never asked him what the dutchman said...everyone else that showed up at hermans place was only there to learn what herman knew....not to visit herman so he fed them full of b.s...andy was his friend and helped herman alot so he repaid andy and passed the torch before he died

Andy probably knew that Waltz died before Herman came down from Montana. Don't believe Waltz could have told him anything.

Take care,

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread