Is the Pit Mine really the Lost Dutchman mine?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a rock . How otherwise the mine would been hidden and looking like the surrounding area ?

If you look above the mine's spot , you can recognize ( don't expect much from a GE image ) the small landmark from the Waltz map .

LDM inclined shaft landmarks.gif

The big one ( the elongated rock ) is not so recognizable in the GE image , but you can see it in the croped real pic ( in the square ) together with the small landmark . The landmarks in the pic have angle of about 45* ( twenty past ten ) in comparison with the image from the map . So , you can imagine where the mine is .

LDM inclined shaft landmarks 2.jpg

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As i wrote in the past , but maybe nobody took it in consideration , the Waltz map has four different maps/slides depicted in a single map . From the slide #1 to the slide #4 the spot is getting closer . Is like you are falling with a parachute and as you getting closer to the ground , you can recognize better the landmarks and the details of the area .

map's slides.GIF

The slide #2 is of the four acres slope and is oriented in the same direction with the slide #1 . The slide #3 and the slide #4 , are up side down ( not mirrored ) .
Now , look at the bigger crop of the real picture ( wich include the landmarks from the slide slide #3 ) and you will recognize on the ground the shape wich is depicted in the rectangle from the slide #2 . In the red circle is the slide #3 .

slide #2.gif Waltz's map slide #2.jpg Waltz's map slide #2 b.JPG

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
As i wrote in the past , but maybe nobody took it in consideration , the Waltz map has four different maps/slides depicted in a single map . From the slide #1 to the slide #4 the spot is getting closer . Is like you are falling with a parachute and as you getting closer to the ground , you can recognize better the landmarks and the details of the area .

View attachment 1646256

The slide #2 is of the four acres slope and is oriented in the same direction with the slide #1 . The slide #3 and the slide #4 , are up side down ( not mirrored ) .
Now , look at the bigger crop of the real picture ( wich include the landmarks from the slide slide #3 ) and you will recognize on the ground the shape wich is depicted in the rectangle from the slide #2 . In the red circle is the slide #3 .

View attachment 1646263 View attachment 1646264 View attachment 1646265
good golly miss molly:dontknow:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does this have to do with your solution to the stone tablets?

The area of which I speak fits the depiction of the stone maps alan...I don't believe that I need to explain why nor how though...

Ed T

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this seems to be directed at me so i will answer...i have done ore testing for people for many years and most of them bring me a few pounds...you gave paul 2 little pebbles smaller than a garden pea ..in turn he was supposed to give them to me to test..which he did..he handed them to me and we looked at each other and laughed....i tossed them as they were to small to do anything with...talk is cheap but if you'd like to step up to the plate and put your money where your mouth is...i will bring a handheld xrf analyzer to the rendezvous and test your ore....unless you fear your ore will be proved worthless ..i'll bet everything i own against everything you own that i show up at the rendezvous with an xrf ready to test your ore...lets see once and for all which one of us is full of doo-doo....

It was not directed at you dave...And as for the two pebbles, or scraps as I call them, I could care less what you and Paul did with them...Though I am certain that you, paul, and or anyone else will be getting any more free samples of said ore...Heck...I believe the small amount of ore is worth more than you or anyone else may offer for it...To me it is priceless, as for the fact that I may never be able to retrieve any more from said location...And IF I believe I may not retrieve any more I sure as heck doubt anyone else will be able to either...So...Who can say how valuable said ore might be worth to some collectors of such rare oddities...lol

Oh well...Life will go on...hehehe

Ed T

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
It was not directed at you dave...And as for the two pebbles, or scraps as I call them, I could care less what you and Paul did with them...Though I am certain that you, paul, and or anyone else will be getting any more free samples of said ore...Heck...I believe the small amount of ore is worth more than you or anyone else may offer for it...To me it is priceless, as for the fact that I may never be able to retrieve any more from said location...And IF I believe I may not retrieve any more I sure as heck doubt anyone else will be able to either...So...Who can say how valuable said ore might be worth to some collectors of such rare oddities...lol

Oh well...Life will go on...hehehe

Ed T
we wont be getting any more?.....and to think we held a fortune in our hands and threw it away:BangHead:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we wont be getting any more?.....and to think we held a fortune in our hands and threw it away:BangHead:

As for the samples being to small for examination...I believe your buddy paul said he had access to an electron scanning microscope...The scraps i gave paul were more than adequate for such an examination...And as I have stated...I could care less what ya'll did with it...hahaha...

Good luck to you, paul, and all of ya'lls little circle of friends with ya'lls search for it...rofl...But then again IF it was truly worthless...Don't sweat any of my little jests at ya'll...lmao...

Ya'll sure won't see me at any rendezvous...I sure don't need any of ya'll as friends nor associates...And I sure as heck don't need the lost doucheman mine either...

Ed T

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
As for the samples being to small for examination...I believe your buddy paul said he had access to an electron scanning microscope...The scraps i gave paul were more than adequate for such an examination...And as I have stated...I could care less what ya'll did with it...hahaha...

Good luck to you, paul, and all of ya'lls little circle of friends with ya'lls search for it...rofl...But then again IF it was truly worthless...Don't sweat any of my little jests at ya'll...lmao...

Ya'll sure won't see me at any rendezvous...I sure don't need any of ya'll as friends nor associates...And I sure as heck don't need the lost doucheman mine either...

Ed T
Sorry John, but an SEM, scanning electron microscope, the proper name, would not help in assay of your samples, thats not what they are used for, you need an atomic absorbtion spectrometer, nice try though. :tongue3:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry John, but an SEM, scanning electron microscope, the proper name, would not help in assay of your samples, thats not what they are used for, you need an atomic absorbtion spectrometer, nice try though. :tongue3:

aqua regia is fine with me alan...with a simple hotplate...lol...Who needs a sem when you have aqua regia and plenty of said ore???lol

Ed T

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey alan...Don't forget the fan to blow the poisonous fumes away from your hotplate...lol...Things can get pretty nasty without the fan with aqua regia...hehehe

Ed T

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey alan...Don't forget the fan to blow the poisonous fumes away from your hotplate...lol...Things can get pretty nasty without the fan with aqua regia...hehehe

Ed T
I use potassium cyanide, it does not degrade like aqua regia

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Ed T

Ya , gotta watch out huffin fumes.
You could end up going HEE HEE like a mad hatter when you post. (!).

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya , gotta watch out huffin fumes.
You could end up going HEE HEE like a mad hatter when you post. (!).

I have heard that some people have the same problem with mercury...

Ed T

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread