NEW EVIDENCE!

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Now and again, someone surfaces with "new evidence that seems to contradict accepted history. They may be correct, but their word should not be blindly accepted as fact. Because of past events I always do my own research, as far as possible, to ascertain what is most likely the truth.

This topic will be the place to refute "new" evidence with opposing published evidence. It may be that the moderators will find that unacceptable and lock the topic. Questioning "new" facts will only make the author defend his conclusions. I believe we will all be the better for that dialog.

Please do not call the person posting questionable (in your mind) "facts" a liar. Simply put forth your own facts, backed up by qualified sources.

Thanks,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good. I hope when you jump, you make it all the way over!

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Will you define what you mean by ""new" evidence?"
There should be a place where ideas can be exchanged, challenged and responded to aggressively without making it personal or questioning the author's character.
Aggressively with facts.

Last edited:

eagle_scout

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2013
Littleton, Colorado
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been browsing through the LDM threads and it seems that the same old info gets hashed out over and over again. I was happy to see this thread. possibly I could post some info here where someone will at least consider a new and fresh perspective. Ive been a Dutch Hunter since my teens and have done a bit of hiking in the Superstitions as well. I'm not going to claim that ive read every single book on the subject, because I haven't. I am however an educated professional, my background is in civil engineering, and Ive worked in the mining industry.
There have been some posts related to the LDM that indicate to me that there are some people out there who have a total disregard for the Law. The Superstition Mountains are sacred Indian ground and are protected by federal laws. It would be nice if everyone would adhere to these laws as well as police others who may not be aware of them. maybe this would be a good topic all on its own. Anyway, im not the greatest writer either so thanks for reading. i will post again soon.

Jack

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
I don't know if it is appropriate or not to welcome a new member to another members thread but... Welcome! New ideas are always welcomed even by those who seem a little over the top when challenging those ideas. A thick skin is an advantage here and if you love AZ history, well this is the place to write. Btw, very few here write well, including myself so don't let that hold you back. Just put what you can to words and I am certain that if its controversial, it will begin a conversation.
Littleton, CO? Is that near Leadville?

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Never before heard of "facts".

Joe Ribaudo

Never before heard of by whom? Do you mean NO "published" facts or facts already generally known? There are quite a few "facts" that have faded or become lost overtime. Is it alright to share these "known" but not widely know facts as "Never before heard of "facts"? Is this thread open to all topics or are you still placing limits on what you will and will not openly discuss? I don't want to derail your thread with posts that you personally are uncomfortable responding to, which is why I am asking for clarification.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Never before heard of by whom? Do you mean NO "published" facts or facts already generally known? There are quite a few "facts" that have faded or become lost overtime. Is it alright to share these "known" but not widely know facts as "Never before heard of "facts"? Is this thread open to all topics or are you still placing limits on what you will and will not openly discuss? I don't want to derail your thread with posts that you personally are uncomfortable responding to, which is why I am asking for clarification.

Hal,

As I stated......"This topic will be the place to refute "new" evidence with opposing published evidence.

As far as I'm concerned, this topic can go anywhere it is lead. As the forum rules state, you should not call anyone a liar, or even intimate they are lying. Do not insult the members. Refute their statements with published "facts", which may or may not be truthful, but are well known and generally accepted.

If you can all live within those minimal rules, let's continue.

Good luck!

One who has not done well within those confinements,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Thanks cactusjumper. I understand now and look forward to your candor... in all topics.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That musta wiped out yer ---------- ?? Beth roast his favorite lamb.

Don Jose d eLa Mancha

p.s. since I don't live in AZ, nor have a library on th LDM what I post must be the truth no?? Original data ??

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surveyors

How is CACTUSJUMPER these days? Did anyone ever notice that hidden within the STONES that there are lines that connect between the marks and symbols. I used an overlay of a photo on google earth and used the tools ruler option. If you use the circle option on the X`s on the trail maps, one circle will line with the curved F, and the other with the 2 bullseyes. If you draw a strait line from the 3 to where both circles meet, all the way through to the other end is a point that lines up with other marks. Could this be what part of the formula is? On the Priest map I noticed that some of the lines match up with the survey map lines. It was stated that some words were misspelled, probably because the survey lines wouldn`t match up. So I`m thinking that who ever carved the stone maps must have started with a real surveyors map from that time frame. Maybe they hid something to find at the end of it all. Just throwing some ideas out there. I for one would like to find out what the heck is up with all this stuff anyway. Puzzle.jpg surveyors.jpg prst.jpg pzl2.jpg

Mc4500

Mar 7, 2013
Arizona
How is CACTUSJUMPER these days? Did anyone ever notice that hidden within the STONES that there are lines that connect between the marks and symbols. I used an overlay of a photo on google earth and used the tools ruler option. If you use the circle option on the X`s on the trail maps, one circle will line with the curved F, and the other with the 2 bullseyes. If you draw a strait line from the 3 to where both circles meet, all the way through to the other end is a point that lines up with other marks. Could this be what part of the formula is? On the Priest map I noticed that some of the lines match up with the survey map lines. It was stated that some words were misspelled, probably because the survey lines wouldn`t match up. So I`m thinking that who ever carved the stone maps must have started with a real surveyors map from that time frame. Maybe they hid something to find at the end of it all. Just throwing some ideas out there. I for one would like to find out what the heck is up with all this stuff anyway. View attachment 1852880 View attachment 1852882 View attachment 1852883 View attachment 1852884

I really like where you are going with this! I have my own twist on this, but it's along the same lines!

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is CACTUSJUMPER these days? Did anyone ever notice that hidden within the STONES that there are lines that connect between the marks and symbols. I used an overlay of a photo on google earth and used the tools ruler option. If you use the circle option on the X`s on the trail maps, one circle will line with the curved F, and the other with the 2 bullseyes. If you draw a strait line from the 3 to where both circles meet, all the way through to the other end is a point that lines up with other marks. Could this be what part of the formula is? On the Priest map I noticed that some of the lines match up with the survey map lines. It was stated that some words were misspelled, probably because the survey lines wouldn`t match up. So I`m thinking that who ever carved the stone maps must have started with a real surveyors map from that time frame. Maybe they hid something to find at the end of it all. Just throwing some ideas out there. I for one would like to find out what the heck is up with all this stuff anyway. View attachment 1852880 View attachment 1852882 View attachment 1852883 View attachment 1852884

Howdy Chuck,

Your efforts to solve the PSM's remind me of the movie "A Beautiful Mind", but then so do many of the "Googler" images that keep getting posted.

Homar

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notice that the line on the back side of the hat is not straight all the way down. The top block under the priest has a kick-out and an angled back that match`s the boundary lines under Miami. There is a #7 right under his nose. These pics are not lined up or to scale, just trying to point out that the stone carver was using a map and going off some features. prst`.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread