Superstition area rocks that look like?

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Thought a thread on rocks in the Superstitions that look like? Here is a rock ill call Angel Rock. Looks like Bigfoot holding a young child on his knee. This is a very large bolder high on a mountain side.

image-812082928.jpg

vastterrain

Sep 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one further down the canyon then your pic Frank....ill call this one the king of Hearts?
King-O-Hearts.jpg

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always been fond of this photo from "somewhere" in West Boulder Canyon. I don't have a name for it, but I thought it always looked like 2 people standing up looking at one another, maybe just chatting about what's been going on in the mountains for the last 500 years or so :).

P1010582c.jpg

vastterrain

Sep 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And then sometimes ...they just look like what there supposed toooo!
IMG_20131130_122857 copy.jpg IMG_20131130_122916 copy.jpg

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope that at least one of you finds gold instead of sculptures...

I know it's a pathetic cliche', but every time I go out there I find "gold" of one kind or another - sometimes it's just the complete peace and solitude that refreshes the soul and spirit.

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This rock reminds me of the face looking up to the east. When you first see it from the trail it really stands out. 005.JPG

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's ET, Chuck.
He wants to go HOMMMME.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
I've always been fond of this photo from "somewhere" in West Boulder Canyon. I don't have a name for it, but I thought it always looked like 2 people standing up looking at one another, maybe just chatting about what's been going on in the mountains for the last 500 years or so :).

View attachment 926386

Cubfan

Your two used to be one, How much work would it take to put the three rocks on the ground back up to form the arch, And why did someone take the time to do that, out in the middle of nowhere!

Wrmickel1

Last edited:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cubfan

Your two used to be one, How much work would it take to put the three rocks on the ground back up to form the arch, And why did someone take the time to do that, out in the middle of nowhere!

Wrmickel1

It does look as though they used to be "one" arch, but whether it fell from natural causes or a little man made help I don't know. It's been years since I was by that spot, and it's up high (used zoom feature on camera to make it look closer). The rock formation is also much bigger than it appears in that photo. Maybe this year I'll go up and look around them more closely.

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Taco

Not sure what to make of this...........................couldn't get a wider angle cause I did not want to fall off the ledge behind me.

Last edited:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Taco

Not sure what to make of this...........................couldn't get a wider angle cause I did not want to fall off the ledge behind me.

Eric - that bottom one sure looks like a "mortar job" doesn't it?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Eric,

As everyone knows, I don't know $#!t about rocks. That being (once again) said, I don't believe your "mortared" rock formation is that unusual. I will vote for a natural formation. Mother Nature does some interesting work.:notworthy:

Take care,

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions