Superstition Gold

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Found a spot . Was doing some sampling the other day. This is from a one gallon sample. No small stuff. Who said there is no gold in the Superstitions

image-4135194055.jpg

image-2066722186.jpg

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be time to get some bigger bottles, Frank.:occasion14:
And a wet/dry vac, instead of that little sucker thing.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey sgtfda!! CONGRATS!! That's the Real Deal!! Nice Sized Nuggetts!! I Hope You can find the Mother Lode!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet Gold - Keep it coming! :occasion14:

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Sgtfda,

Congrats are in order. Looking at the roughness of them nuggets it seems to me the lode be not far up stream. Send you to Alaska and look what happens!

Awesome effort,

Ellie B

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
From a small sample at the bottom. I suspect a very rich area above. Ill be looking for the spot this is conning from Ellie.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
... Looking at the roughness of them nuggets it seems to me the lode be not far up stream. ...
[/QUOTE

If you had a dollar for every time that statement has been uttered by prospectors, you could probably buy the moon. Why not keep working the placer if it's paying?

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
... Looking at the roughness of them nuggets it seems to me the lode be not far up stream. ...
[/QUOTE

If you had a dollar for every time that statement has been uttered by prospectors, you could probably buy the moon. Why not keep working the placer if it's paying?

Actually, both of these tasks can be performed at the same time. Eventually "the test of the prudent man" will come into play. I would do a little research related to the area in question for any historical references. The County Recorders Office for one, and run the BLM LR 2000 search engine for mining claims which may have existed that were never recorded. Remember that someone with live satellite imagery could follow your movements, and there are other methods known to man that could track you or your vehicle. You should at least lay down your location notice(s) and you would have 90 days to file and pay the fees to obtain your AMC number(s).

If you need help with running the LR 2000 drop me a line.

Good luck,

Ellie B

PS, Remember to find out who controls the surface; BLM, State Trust, Forestry, etc.

Last edited:

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky man - I'm green with envy and extremely happy for you!

Gary Player once said: "It's strange, but the more I practice, the luckier I get"
Seems its not only valied in golf ;-)

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find, I have been convinced for a while the area towards the east end of the supersitions has some good gold to be found.

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
A friend filled a pill container with 3/8" nuggets the other day off first water trail road. So there is gold all around the outskirts of the mountains. It's a very big area to search.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
A friend filled a pill container with 3/8" nuggets the other day off first water trail road. So there is gold all around the outskirts of the mountains. It's a very big area to search.
Why haven't these areas been exploited? Surely they've been looked at before.

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why haven't these areas been exploited? Surely they've been looked at before.

Forest for the tree..............everybody is looking for a hole or ledge of gold or "Spanish Signs" or shadows or.....................

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Forest for the tree..............everybody is looking for a hole or ledge of gold or "Spanish Signs" or shadows or.....................
I'm not referring to latter day, starry-eyed pilgrims. What about good old-time prospectors from back in the day? Who's fooling whom? 3/8" gold nuggets don't typicality go unnoticed.

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Very nice find, I have been convinced for a while the area towards the east end of the supersitions has some good gold to be found.

All one has to do is check the mining records, maps, etc. and prepare one self for a lot of prospecting and hard work. Every time there is a good hard rain a placer area will be replenished as long as the lode that carries the gold is exposed to the elements. The seasoned prospector will follow the signs of placer movement to discover the lode. In the end it all hinges on the "test of the prudent man". In other words; is it worth it? Working a placer without water is a pain. I would prefer using a good nugget detector, like a "Tesoro Lobo".

Super-Placers.jpg

When a map depicts major mines and Mining districts, as the Randolf District shown above, then its a pretty good bet that one could do some prospecting and find some color. The map above was printed in 1881. I typically check all of the maps and compare the locations with Township,Range & Section(s) with the appropriate recorders office historic data.

Have a great day,

EB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread