Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im lost and I live over by this area.
In the one post it is by White mountain, iron Mountain area,then in this post above, it is 3 miles from Bluff springs, south west.
This is not near iron or White mountain.

skumpa

Mar 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
and I thought nobody is reading my stuff. lol There are a lot of places that are suspect, just like the maps out there. Who's to say which one is correct until someone checks it out and scores. Sorry did not mean to send the wrong message. I wish I lived out there, I'd be in those mountains all the time.

Scott

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I go out in these mountains from time to time and was out with a friend a while back.
We where scouting around a large area,wash,mountain sides, ect and did not find anything of significant value or anything.
Just checking out some areas of mineralization.

skumpa

Mar 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
m3alost dutchman mine pic3.gif Here is one of the maps to look at out there, go to 33 25 52 .75 n 111 18 10 .81 w looks kinda what the map looks like, remember all the major placemarks are to be spread out

Scott

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks, I have that map and will look at your co-ordinates.
Would you PM me on how and why you came up with those co-ordinates by any chance.
Not a bad positiion and it is SE of Bluff Springs.
Towards WhiteMT, and iron.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi skumpa

You wanted to know if you was in the right track . IMO , you are not . In 3 miles south west from Bluff Spring Mountain , are not evidences ( maps , tales , etc. ) how exist any mine or cache .
Now , you believe how the Perfil Mapa is on La Barge Canyon , near Picacho Butte . In Perfil Mapa , one of the highest mountains is " El Sombrero " , the Mexican name of Weavers Needle . So , I believe how you are little far from the correct place .

skumpa

Mar 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Markmar,

I am not saying anyone of these places is the LDM, just different clues that would interest me to investigate the area, if I could go out there.
But, what's your hunch?

Scott

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Scott

May I know the " different clues " ? My comment was only for the Perfil map , but if you seek for something else , I believe how south east from Bluff Spring Mountain is a good point ( not necessary in La Barge Canyon ) . For this region are some maps which show mines and caches .

skumpa

Mar 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Markmar,

Do u know where sqauw box canyon is?

Thanks
Scott

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott

The Squaw Canyon box is between Black Mountain and Malapais Mountain in the Superstition Mountains , Arizona . The coordinates are 33*28'37'' N , 111*21'33'' W.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi skumpa

Maybe you know how the Perfil map must to be reversed . I have a part of a picture from the spot . Can you see the similarity ?

Head.jpg Head 2.jpg

skumpa

Mar 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello:

Good pics and thanks. Hope this one works out. Go to 33 26 00 18 n and 111 19 01 84 w pin this spot and then go to 6 24 2011 for date over-ride, what do u see? This is on the way to Herman's cave. This is where I see some familiar stuff on my #25 comment.

Scott

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok,did it and I see nothing.
It is also close to your other spot I have in GE,

skumpa

Mar 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My bad, do it again but place the N to about 7:30 - 8, you should see it

Scott

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe

Nice photo . Could be the " map's " head if has above it some landmarks . For you and the other hunters , I post a larger part of the same picture . Guess what is to the yellow point ?

Hoyo.jpg

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe

As you can see in my photo , is not possible an opposite picture of the head . This picture was took from NE , and not from north as ordered the map .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions