the horse map. changes in attitudes, changes in lattitudes

eagle_scout

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2013
Littleton, Colorado
Primary Interest:
Other
I ve spent alot of time studying this horse map and the priest map at the museum out in apache junction and i think they are real. if they arent copies of the real thing. ive noticed a lot of information on them that others have failed to mention. Most of the theories ive seen about them are close but here is my take on them. First of all, the horse map. what does it really say? the O's are O's and the A's are A's, so the word COBOLLO is not horse. horse is spelled CABALLO. I think the B is not a b but an old school G. the word then spells Cogollo. which means paydirt. and the horse? did anyone here go to college? first of all lets consider the location of the superstition mountains. they are on the 33rd parallel! (que spooky music now). In the old days, when the spanish were sailing in the pacific, they came to a zone where the winds were so calm that they drifted for months at a time and ran out of water and food. their livestock died. the dead horses had to be thrown overboard. they refered to these areas as the horse latitudes. here is a wiki link that better explains it: Horse latitudes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
anyway, here is where that comical horse on the stone comes in. the stone is a star chart that tells you to go as far north as the horse lattitude. to properly read this stone, you would hold it over your head and look up at it.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bobs1.jpg

Yer kiddin...right

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is an original theory I have never heard about.
But, there is also a horse latitude in the southern part in the Tropic of Capricorn.
But anyway, in what solstice do you think we are to look up at the night sky in order to read the map.
Is there a hint on the horse stone? I will have to look again.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only imagine how difficult it would be to stumble around in the mountains, holding a 30 pound slab of stone overhead.
Wouldn't it kinda block the view of these stars that you're trying to follow ?
One slip just might give you the biggest headache you ever had. IMO

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Follow them where,Frank ?
Do you know how much trouble I wound up in, the last time ???
Maybe it's because they're colder up here :dontknow:
Hot wimmun....cold hearts

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
What's strange this heart marks the path to a placer area. The stone maps also match with a X exactly where I hit on a placer gold deposit. That is double strange. I suspect the stones are a prospectors map.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If so, you may be able to stake two more claims at the locations indicated by the other two X's on the Trail Stones.
Although they may be either placer or lode, it seems logical to expect to find gold there as well.
When you met with Tom K. at the Bluebird, and he told you who carved the stones, did he also mention that the carver was a prospector ?
Which of course, would confirm the stones are indeed, a prospector's map to his gold discoveries.

Regards:Wayne

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Wayne the Bob Gorman map I gave you is right on. Next time you come over ill go over it with you. There is a lot more to this. A lot more!

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will be looking forward to it !
I had a copy with me the last couple of times out, so naturally I agree.
Garman had other tracings as well as translated documents. Jim's dvds had some, maybe all of them.
But I'm still wading through everything, since it's not cataloged very well and takes a lot of time.
We can talk about them as well next time....so until then.

Best to you and Angie:
Wayne

OP
OP
eagle_scout

eagle_scout

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2013
Littleton, Colorado
Primary Interest:
Other
One slip just might give you the biggest headache you ever had. IMO
No kidding. who would make a map on a stone anyway? unless you lived in the stone ages. my first thought was that it was just a goofy road sign. like some old camel filters ad. the word cogollo also can mean hemp. which would change this whole story entirely...lol

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure would.....
Then we would have to call them the "Stoner's Maps"......

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Horse and Heart 2.JPG The horse and priest maps are like a miners map in that they are Tectonics shapes and locations and can be used worldwide. So there are many locations that the maps can be used. I believe the Spanish knew this and used it in the quest for gold. This pic is of the No Way Out Statue that told Geronimo that he would be victorious over the Mexicans.

Attachments

• Horse and heart.JPG
    Horse and heart.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please don't steal the treasure. The treasure is laying everywhere. you will pass by the 5 on the horse map. The 5 will be on the left across the stream. Stay on that trail till you come across the 5 round fire circles by the stream on the western side. Then take the lesser canyon west. When it narrows down and turns north you will be looking at the horse carving. To the west of that is the Indian looking at the arrowhead. Up on the hill side is a large rock cross.
The Cabillo de Sante Fe that is on the horse map is on White Mountain south side.to see the exact site of the horse map you go past the horse and turn north at the trail that leads nowhere but to the bottom of White Mountain. This is the exact spot that the trail map leads to. Turnaround and look toward the west (home of our ancestors) you will see the Natural horse on the side of the Mountain facing south. beyond that the 5 will be across the river. Up on the side of Iron Mountain are two mounds. The upper mound should have one of the mines behind it. there is a canyon that leads up to this mound from Reavis/ Rogers Trails that when I was there cought my eye as a very heavily mineraltzed spot. Where the 5 is, is the Priest that the other map shows. The whole area is hearts overlapping each other when looked from overhead. The Mountain that follows the stream spells Coazon. Where the "young heart birth" is spells Mapa.
There are 10 mines in that area that I have confirmed by looking at. I still have not found the copper doors yet. but they should be where the young heart birth is. for those that know maps it should be easy to spot the heart shape on top of the hill over the cliff dwellings. I have seen there are many wagon tracks around that shape.
Now if you look at a good enough picture of the real horse map you will find that behind the horse there are many hearts overlapping with numbers everywhere. along with Mountains that no one seems to see. The other carved horse should be the Mina Tumacacori. Notice I did not mention the Virgon de Guadalupe? That is because all the sites are just pointers to it. and I want to be there to see it myself.

Last edited:

skumpa

Mar 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, Sailaway, I assume you were talking to me. Out of respect for your request, I did take it down for now. But, why should I? I'm just trying to figure it out too.
You wrote all kinds of landmarks for that area, although your pic, I cannot find in that area. If I was right on then how do you know? Why haven't you found it? How do I know you won't take it all for yourself? What's in it for me? I have been trying to look for the LDM and others also. you just came on in March. Who is the old one? I do plan on going out there next year, to look in that area and others that I have talked about. All within 3 miles from Bluff Spring Mountain. I don't care who finds it, I would like to know if I was on the right track, maybe something extra if someone was really great-full of my guess work. lol

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a problem and I do hope that all is revealed and I intend to show everyone when it is proven. I just don't want those that can not think for them selves to use your very very close coordinates to stumble on to it. Was thrilled you were so close though. I hope my thread to ask for survey does help you narrow it down. I hope if someone here does claim it that they remember me also.

skumpa

Mar 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
your to far from me. I don't see how wagons could get there. as for the copper doors, I would rather think they would be closer to the bottoms of the mountains.
Remembering the story about a young deer hunter, chased one into the bush, he crawled through a hole and found a giant cavern with a wagon in it.

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just remember you are the only one here except dinkydick (he is who sent me here) that knows those coordinates I sent you. Please do not share those. He would love to go there but his truck would not make it. Even if I only get a photo of myself on the monument it would thrill me. I have no idea how wagons got in there but have seen in person culverts in this area, so I believe that parts of the road they used are washed out. I hope you read the post in member hunts for Survey of Mina Virgon.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi skumpa

You wrore " All within 3 miles from Bluff Spring Mountain " . From what side of Bluff Spring Mountain you mean ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions