2014 DUTCH HUNTERS RENDEZVOUS

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
2014 DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

All,

While I haven't heard a date confirmation yet, I believe the 10th. event will be held this Oct. I see Greg Davis is perusing the LDM Forum on a regular basis. Believe he might post the dates if he notices this topic.

Considering we only had 13 people attend the first Rendezvous, and a lot of opposition from my "friends", it seems a small miracle that it's still going, stronger than ever, after 10 years.:o Hope to see many of my old friends at this year's event, and meet some new ones.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is open for all.
We all where or are still knuckleheads.

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone: The dates for the 2014 Lost Dutchman Rendezvous are; October 24,25,26, 2014. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Ernie Provence made it to the 2011 Rendezvous. It was the only Rendezvous he could make before passing away. He had a great time seeing old friends and partners. Pretty much what the Rendezvous is all about.

Ernie around 1966 :

Joe

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Oh I did like Ernie. He knew all the dirt on the old Dutch hunters and was a joy to talk to. That and looking at his secret maps.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

Keep these dates in mind:

Hello everyone: The dates for the 2014 Lost Dutchman Rendezvous are; October 24,25,26, 2014. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

If it is allowed, Carolyn and I will be in camp late Thursday afternoon. This will be the 10th. Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous. Hope to see everyone show up again. Believe Wayne is trying to set up speakers for Friday and Saturday night.

If anyone has any questions you can contact me at: [email protected] or ask them here. Believe Wayne is the only one who is involved in the nuts & bolts of this event these days. He does a great job and should be thanked profusely. Greg Davis has arranged the use of the Don's Camp......again. Can't begin to tell you how much that has meant to our camp-out.:notworthy::notworthy:

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Bob Corbin, Wayne and Randy

Greg Davis and Kraig Roberts....In camp/shade.:toothy2:

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:
OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

I received an E-mail from Dr. Glover (now living in Arizona) this morning. He hopes to make it to this years Rendezvous.

Hope to see many of you there.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to miss visiting with folks this fall - hard to believe I've been to the last 6 as it seems like just yesterday. Wish I could make it but for a variety of reasons it's just not in the cards this year. Have fun and take some photos to share if you can.

Paul

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
There is no getting away from Paul once he fastens upon your mind......and heart. We will miss you Paul. Carolyn and I are praying for your good health and looking forward to seeing you soon. It takes a long time to grow a good/old friend.

Paul and Connie in Dutch Hunter's Camp:

Take care and get better,

Joe & Carolyn

Last edited:
OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
You should bring your own drinks, and a little firewood never hurts. We had more kids and wives last year than ever before. I believe they all enjoyed the weekend.

Wayne, Greg and Randy do us all a great service by setting this event up every year. Make your plans now, and don't miss out on the Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous.......again.

The gate for the Don's Camp will be open Friday morning for early arrivals. There is plenty of room to set up your camp, close to others or a bit farther away if you're so inclined.

Hope to see more wives and kids this year, as it's a good family outing. .

East on 60 to Peralta Rd. Left on paved......it turns into hard packed dirt. There will be signs at the Don's Camp entrance,(it's a left turn) but if you get to Peralta Trailhead, you have gone too far. Once you turn off Peralta Rd. come in a little ways and look to your right. The gate to the camp will be uphill from you.

Map2D_2.jpg

Closer map:

Map2D_1.jpg

You will need to bring drinks and some meals. More info. on that later.

Joe Ribaudo​

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
This is a post from Wayne on The LDM Forum:

[Greetings everyone,

As everyone is aware this year is the tenth anniversary of the Dutch Hunter Rendezvous. It seems appropriate that we will be gathering on the 24th, 25th and 26th of October this fall. We will gather on the Eve of Waltz's death and break camp on the day of his burial according to historical account. This makes the evening of the 25th something special as we gather around the fire for our guest speakers. I am hoping that we will have a number of people willing to contribute to our event this year. Whether it is a spoken piece recited from a manuscript/book or sharing of research, stories of treasure hunts or even a testimonial of what the Superstitions mean to you, I am hoping for something as a tribute to Waltz and the Lost Dutchman mine in which many of us take part. Additionally, rather than a hike I am open to other ideas such as a roundtable or even guest speakers on other topical matter concerning the Superstitions for Saturday in a short session. I am planning on serving Chili again this year Saturday evening, however Friday is still open and I would like to hear suggestions. There will be considerable attention and probably a good crowd for Saturday evening so I would like this to be well organized with contributions from us all.

I will get the posters done and have flyers distributed as well. I also hope to have a itinerary available for this years guest speakers. Please email and let me know if you would like to contribute and how. I am looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Zentull

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

I talked to Wayne yesterday and he informed me that the gate would not be opened until Friday morning. Carolyn and I will arrive Thursday night and camp in the lower parking area.

I am hoping to have stew and garlic toast for Friday night. Probably have enough for around fifty people, but if anyone else wants to contribute to Friday's meal......feel free. It will all be appreciated. We will probably bring KFC for Thursday night, in case some of you show up then.

Tom Kollenborn and Thomas Glover have both mentioned they will try to make the event.

Lord willing and the creek don't rise, Carolyn and I will be there. I will post the stew situation around 10/21.

See you there,

Joe & Carolyn

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

The tenth Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous will be Oct. 24th. to Oct. 26th.

When Clay speaks...........

If you don't want to miss out.......Be there.

Joe

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
It is going to be a tight squeeze in October's crazy schedule, but I sure hope to be there for this tribute to old Waltz!!
Janiece/Gossamer

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We'll all be happy to see you again Janiece.
Glad to see you're still interested in the old man.

Regards:Wayne

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions