Magnetic Gravity and Geologic maps

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anybody had any luck correlating with these tools?

I notice there is a big magnetic anomaly centered at about 33°30'0"N 111°17'60"W near the trail-head on service road 213. About 6.3 mile NE of the needle.

http://repository.azgs.az.gov/sites/default/files/dlio/files/nid1557/aerialmagaz-300dpi.pdf

Gravity and Magnetic Maps of Arizona

There are also significant gravity gradients in the area.

These sorts of thing are highly correlated with ore mines, just look at big mine locations and the maps. The only issue is at what depth is the ore.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hola amigo - the USGS did a mercury vapor test (done by aircraft flying over the mountains) which gave a positive result, indicating a large gold deposit, which may be deeply buried. Perhaps a chimney of this gold erupted through to the surface, and became the Lost Dutchman mine?

There should be magnetic anomalies around Iron mountain, and if memory serves Tortilla mountain as well, and there are indications of uranium ores along the northern part of the Wilderness Area which may also cause magnetic/gravity anomalies.

I am impressed that you are looking into geology - it makes sense to learn some geology to search for a lost gold mine after all. Good luck to you amigo I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

OP
OP
ConceptualizedNetherlandr
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
I am no expert on the Mercury test, but my understanding is that the test is for Mercury, and it's presence is an indicator, being that it is associated with gold.

We all realize the gold is not magnetic, but its geologic occurrence is associated with the magnetic minerals and there is strong correlation to big, and I mean HUGE, mines and magnetic signatures. Two obvious examples are the Crandon Mine (and its estimated 60 million tons of copper, zinc and other metallic sulfides ) and the one Gogebic mining is trying to establish in the Penokee range (Formation contains 3.7 billion tons of economic ore) right now. Those aeromagnetic anomalies are huge, as are the ore bodies. Gold and silver is usually associated in parallel, flank or surrounding zones, right? Similarly a non magnetic mineral zone should surround the anomaly under Tonto, and guess what, careful mapping would put that zone through the Supes :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread