a glimpse of the Tonto Forest/Tonto Basin late 1800s to early 1900s

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
it looks like most of the threads im interested in have either been deleted or are locked except this one. im still interested in seeing matt cavaness talk to the arizona cattlemans association from 1919-1920, so if anyone has a copy and wouldnt mind sharing it, please send me a pm. i think i can get to the phoenix area sometime in the next 2 years, so will make time to look around in some of the sources pointed to me and see if i can find it also.

enigma,

Where are Matthew and Goldmine when you could really use their expertise?

Good luck,

Joe

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Hello Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp: You hit the nail on the head. Knowing the history of an area in the past, the abundance of or lack of springs, the abundance of or lack of feed plus game can all come into play when establishing a route of or distance to a location and the amount of time to get there including the time one can stay in a certain location. Knowing the history of an area, its geography, its geology, its flora and fauna, can play a very important part in Treasure Hunting. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

Greg,

This was one of the more important posts for Dutch Hunters who follow the stories of the Superstitions.:thumbsup:

Take care,

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread