Karl von Mueller: LDM FOUND in 1946

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Lastleg
There is gold in many areas of Arizonia. For the most part not rich enough to make a living off of. Just enough to have fun with. Hobby gold. I have a good idea whats being found by the local prospectors I'm the treasurer for the GPAP and buy gold for our raffles from the local guys The LDM attracts folks for many reasons. From adventure to solving a old mystery to the chance of untold riches. Funny thing that most of the things that were found back there point to other things. Other lost treasure. The LDM to my knowledge lacks found things. Unless your looking for a hole in the ground. Lots of those back there. Being a old Police Detective I tend to look at the evidence. I just don't see it for this incident. The shame of it is the loss of life over the years looking for something that may not exist.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked Gollum if he had pics of the gold ore (LDM). He posted what looked like a piece of jewelry with a small amount of placer
gold in it. That is all I have seen. I believe he said the speciman was not Vulture gold. I know about true believers so I won't try
to convince them. I've just always thought it odd to make such a big deal over the LDM when real gold is scattered all over the
Bradshaws.

I agree with you, my friend.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Yes, the loss of precious life is tragic. Good luck to all you guys and gals at the rendezvous.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hio Sam: Off to the patio first for coffee. There you can join Sgt, Oro & Beth, and others, while I tell you of hundreds of 'true' lost treasure stories still unfound.

Sgtfda, dying while persuing a dream, is far better than dying while just existing. I have always considered that if I died in the search, it was time well spent in any event, since I probably won't get out ot this life without dying. If you make it, you end up with invaluable dreams in your dream bank book, to be withdrawn when you are no longer physically able.

One might say that a career in LE is another example, many don't make it, still.

Don jose de La Mancha

"I exist to Live, not live to exist"

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya got it sgt :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

Don Jose de la Mancha

" I exist to Live, not live to exist"
There are only a few true stories about treasures in Connecticut, and I am busy looking for them. We will never meet because I refused to go out west where too many large hunger snakes and too many treasure hunters. Good luck to you unless you are searching in my state. [email protected]

mdj

May 15, 2011
midwest
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an older thread but... has anybody read THM #6?? In it KVonM clearly stated that he thought the LDM was actually a cave. He also stated that he thought the Indians hid the gold in there from the white man because they knew it would draw more white men there. He actually bought a special camera to take pictures of the gold. Yes, he was in the cave. He saw the gold nuggets, truckloads of it according to him. Deek Gladson was another alias of KVonM or Charles Dean Miller. Its my understanding that his book The Treasure of the Valley of Secrets is about this treasure. Not for sure haven't got this one yet.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
I know this is an older thread but... has anybody read THM #6?? In it KVonM clearly stated that he thought the LDM was actually a cave. He also stated that he thought the Indians hid the gold in there from the white man because they knew it would draw more white men there. He actually bought a special camera to take pictures of the gold. Yes, he was in the cave. He saw the gold nuggets, truckloads of it according to him. Deek Gladson was another alias of KVonM or Charles Dean Miller. Its my understanding that his book The Treasure of the Valley of Secrets is about this treasure. Not for sure haven't got this one yet.

It's my understanding that TVS is a coded message dealing with the alleged Big Lue cache near the headwaters of the Purgatoire River, above von Mueller's former home of Weston, CO.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
The North Fork heads from Trinchera Peak, 13,517' in NW corner of Las Animas Co.
Middle Fork is fed by Wilkens Creek which heads from Francisco Peak, 13,136'.
South Fork rises from three creeks formed by the peaks of Culebra, 14,069' and Purgatoire. 13,676'.

Purgatoire Peak is due south of Trinchera Peak 15 miles as the crow flies.

ink

Mar 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
& you have no evidence not to doubt his claim

ink

Mar 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
& you have no evidence to prove it is not true gees.

ink

Mar 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could not finish reading this b.s.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread