"LDM" Tips and Tricks to Finding Lost Gold from Lost Gold Mines

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's a hot tip.. Don't waste your time looking for something that isn't there! :skullflag:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wear boots always.
No telling how deep the stuff you wade through really is.
Or what you will encounter afield.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Mr. Terry Soloman has given great advice. Best to follow it. Of course, if you want to walk around in a semi-rugged area, meeting many, many Arizona men, women and even small children, well, I won't stop you. The birding is so-so, the wildlife scarce, but the boy scouts, outdoor clubs and the local save the environment people will keep you company. Just don't expect to find the LDM cause it ain't there. Sorry...

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
There is gold in those mountains. You just need to be in the right part. Never say never. Life is full of surprises.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a hot tip.. Don't waste your time looking for something that isn't there! :skullflag:

Howdy Mr. Soloman,

Here's a hot tip for you, not trying to be smart, just helpful. If you want to learn how to be a prospector, get together with sgtfda, I'm sure he would be willing to take you under his wing, and help you find gold in the Superstitions. He is a good man, and has offered to help others.

Homar

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy Mr. Soloman,

Here's a hot tip for you, not trying to be smart, just helpful. If you want to learn how to be a prospector, get together with sgtfda, I'm sure he would be willing to take you under his wing, and help you find gold in the Superstitions. He is a good man, and has offered to help others.

Homar

Thanks for the tip Homar. I'm sure the Sarge will find his share of Arizona Gold.

Attachments

• z2.jpg
    z2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 604
  • AGATRIPPhotos 080.jpg
    AGATRIPPhotos 080.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 155
  • gold 012.jpg
    gold 012.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 171
  • rghg.jpg
    rghg.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Terry Soloman has given great advice. Best to follow it. Of course, if you want to walk around in a semi-rugged area, meeting many, many Arizona men, women and even small children, well, I won't stop you. The birding is so-so, the wildlife scarce, but the boy scouts, outdoor clubs and the local save the environment people will keep you company. Just don't expect to find the LDM cause it ain't there. Sorry...

I'm a little surprised by this post. As with just about anywhere else, if you stay on the main trails yes you indeed will run across your share of hikers and I suppose you could describe the trails as semi-rugged. That said, I strongly suspect the vast majority of people who post here who have spent time in the Superstition Mountains are folks who go off the main trails as quickly as they possibly can in pursuit of areas that have not been visited by many people over the years.

I don't live in the area, so don't have many opportunities to hike and explore out there, but over the past 7 years or so I've probably spent at least 5-6 weeks total hiking, exploring overnight trips out there. In all that time I can't think of a time when I came across a single person while off the main trail systems. Is Waltz's source of gold out there somewhere? I suspect it is (or was), but I doubt very much it was right along a current main trail.

I would never understimate the ruggedness or danger of exploring the Superstition Mountains once you get off the main trails.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spent years as a kid and a teengaer hiking and riding through the Superstitions. Indian and US Calvalry relics? Yes. Outlaw and Spanish caches? Sure. Lost Dutchman's Gold Mine? Nope. That would be in the Bradshaw Mountains.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I spent years as a kid and a teengaer hiking and riding through the Superstitions. Indian and US Calvalry relics? Yes. Outlaw and Spanish caches? Sure. Lost Dutchman's Gold Mine? Nope. That would be in the Bradshaw Mountains.

Think again about that! Your dead wrong Terry. You just were in the wrong spot. As a teen were you a seasoned prospector you are now?

image-2562907034.jpg

image-2143079062.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sarge, are you saying you found this gold inside the Superstition's, or on the perimeter of the range?

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Where I went Waltz traveled before me. This is also from my solution to the stone maps. I'm were gold has been found before. Not the volcano.

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TS,

You and anybody that feels like you are most welcome to believe anything you want. 'Merica is a (mostly) free country. Just understand that a lot of people don't agree with you. I don't mean the people that have found the LDM via Google Earth or Map Dowsing. I mean people that live in the area and have been researching the story for many more years than I have been alive (and I'm 51 now).

Because it hasn't been found, its easy to say it doesn't exist. In the last twenty or so years, there has been a ton of new information learned about the Peralta Family, Gold in the Supers, Candlebox gold, etc, etc, etc. One quick example is the known existence of a hidden gold mine. In 1950, the Mammoth Mine broke into an old shaft. When they came to the old entrance, it was walled up with logs and a big capstone. They called it the Mormon Stope. There was no record of any mine ever having existed there. But there it was nonetheless; a sealed worked gold mine, that the Mammoth got another couple of million of gold from in 1951. Although its not in the area thought to house the LDM, it shows that there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Best - Mike

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Mike a good example of that is the lost gold bar incident in the Pennsylvania mountains. Many proclaimed it was bull. Never happened. A friend found two of the bars and I found artifacts from the incident. Right where many searched before. Never say never!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions