Quest For Peralta Gold Authored by John Victor Ramses

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
I thought it was as informative as any other source re the alleged Peralta mines. I have a mint condition first edition for sale too. PM me if interested - I'm liquidating a bunch of th reference publications.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am not mistaken, John Victor Ramses is the pen name of John V. Kemm. Look for him here, and you will see his posts. You can decide for yourself if you want to believe ANYTHING he said. He actually owns a head shop in New Mexico.

Mike

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
If I am not mistaken, John Victor Ramses is the pen name of John V. Kemm. Look for him here, and you will see his posts. You can decide for yourself if you want to believe ANYTHING he said. He actually owns a head shop in New Mexico.

Mike

Hmm ... the 'John V' part is similar, but I don't know if this is the same guy you're talking about. Doesn't matter - as I said, this book provides as plausible an explanation as any for the 'Peralta mines', Superstition maps, etc. rumors. This guy focuses north of the Salt.

I have a mint first edition of the Glover LDM book for sale too - for avid Gila/Salt argonauts. And the entire Kenworthy series (one signed) too, for that matter. Ha ha, we're free to believe what these guys say too. My time is better spent elsewhere and I need to free up some bookcase space.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Springy,

I think you may be correct. I know Kemm is (wanted) in Albequerque, NM, and Ramses is in Autstralia (in prison).

John V Kemm:

JOHN V. KEMM - $2,000 USD*

John Michael Plattner (AKA John Victor Ramses):

Its all said and done, aka John Victor Ramses real name John Michael Plattner found guilty on 4 counts was sentenced to 6.5 years no parole. The evidence was overwhelming as he not only abused one child in the United States 20 years ago but also another innocent child in Australia. There are too many who claim they are innocent of crimes but indeed, there are those such as John Michael Plattner who are guilty as sin. We can only hope he gets his in Jail from his peers. They all cry “I am innocent” when they have been caught!

I add this because I believe in everyone making informed decisions. Like Michael Bilbrey and his Stone Crosses, JVR has some very serious personal issues. Do they transfer into his believe ability? I think that his lack of ever having been in the Superstitions says more than his child abuse in THIS circumstance.

Read who ya want, and believe who ya want. Neither Kemm nor Ramses/Plattner has ever been in the Superstition Mountains, and that said, any claims made of finding anything there are HIGHLY suspect.

Best - Mike

OP
OP
B

Broken Pick

Aug 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Mike You're post sure took the wind out of my sail. I really thought his book was well written. I very much agree about his peers. Thanks again BP

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mike You're post sure took the wind out of my sail. I really thought his book was well written. I very much agree about his peers. Thanks again BP

BP,

Don't let ANYTHING take the wind out of your sail! A lot of people have personal issues that have nothing to do with their hobbies. I advocate reading everything you can on any subject that interests you. There may be things that you take away from a book (even accidentally), that help you in the future.

I don't put a whole lot of stock in many modern books on the subject with a couple of exceptions (Glover and Corbin). I believe that getting as close to the source as possible gets the most accurate results. I have most of the old LDM Books that are available. Some I read and completely disagree with. Some I take more seriously.

Springy,

My time is better spent elsewhere

BLASPHEMY!!!!

Mike

OP
OP
B

Broken Pick

Aug 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks I also like that Springy person lol take care bp

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
...Springy,

BLASPHEMY!!!!

Mike

Ha ha. Sorry, Mike - I've waited too long to find a good reason to take this Superstition stuff seriously, but IMO, there are many more interesting rumors to look into elsewhere. Not that I'm not willing to change my mind - hell, after Golden Mirages, I'm in the Pegleg club now - but there's way too much bs to deal with here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread