Gentlemen I need youre help!!

Broken Pick

Aug 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Gentlemen I need you're help!!

Approximately 35 years ago I made a once in a life time find. I contacted 0ne of the many treasure mags asking for help to identify this find. Back than all we had was snail mail & the public library. Once the mag identified the item I started receiving requests from all over the US to purchase this item. Some offers were really healthy. Than 1 day a person showed up at my door representing his self from the Az Hist Society Tucson. I decided this item was won in Az & it should stay in Az. The deal was it would be displayed to the public with my name as finder. That was the last time I saw this item (35 years ago) until 3 weeks ago a friend of a friend contacted me with info on this item. They found an article in treasure west telling about this item. This item is now part of a mobile display authorized by the Az Historical Society. They charge people to see this display. Vets get in free. I have several eye witnesses when I made this find. Will gladly take a polygraph test. This is where I need you're help in trying to find the mag. that I communicated with. All I want is credit where credit is due. I apologize to the administrators of this forum. If you feel this post is not proper to this forum I understand but these guys are good when it comes to research. Back to the LDM my last name is Schaffer & my buddy's last name is Weisner do those names ring a bell. Take Care GOD BLESS

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
One call to the Arizona Historical Society should do the trick. If you doubt that, have a lawyer call them...

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any picture or detail on the find?
If it's now on public display, it can't be a secret?

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
why are you posting this in the 'dutchman' forum???

OP
OP
B

Broken Pick

Aug 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a congressional metal of honor. I have turned this over to a lawyer. Did you notice the replys. They are so called dutch experts that now they can not even use common sense. These people have spent all of their lives chasing a devils dream. GOD BLESS Broken Pick

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
It is a congressional metal of honor. I have turned this over to a lawyer. Did you notice the replys. They are so called dutch experts that now they can not even use common sense. These people have spent all of their lives chasing a devils dream. GOD BLESS Broken Pick

What does any of that have to do with the Lost Dutchman's mine? With your attitude it is unlikely you will get replies. Good luck and good hunting, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

i dont see a LDM connect, would you enlighten us please

is this your name ? Dwain Oliver

ABOVE AND BEYOND: ARIZONA AND THE MEDAL OF HONOR
An exhibit telling Arizona’s amazing history with the Medal of Honor

One of these, incredibly, was buried under a layer of dirt and discovered by chance by Dwain Oliver, a modern day "history saver" with his metal detector. The story of its recipient remains almost completely unknown.
Above and Beyond: Arizona and the Medal of Honor - Above and Beyond: Arizona and the Medal of Honor

which medal of honor did you find, im guessing it was from the indian wars in az
Arizona Medal of Honor Recipients

An exhibit presented by the Arizona Historical Society and Sharlot Hall Museum
that honors Arizona’s history with the nation’s highest military decoration.
http://www.arizonahistoricalsociety.org/wp-content/upLoads/Above-and-Beyond.pdf

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As you noticed, we have little patience with posters who introduce themselves with "please help me with something, but you will have to guess what it is".
If you had said it was a CMO in the first place, you would have been taken seriously. If your name is Dwain Oliver, then the problem has been solved.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Broken Pick;
Please lose the Attitude !
If members get rude report them,
if we agree with your assessment we will take care of it / them.

If your serious we have some amazing researchers here.
but you need to be willing to give what info is asked for in return.

If your trying to be funny or Sarcastic, Look around the Internet.
Face Book, Twitter , and a few other forums need you more then we do :unhappysmiley:.
feel free to turn that over to your lawyer :unhappysmiley:

Jeff

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Broken Pick says, from post #1
Back to the LDM my last name is Schaffer & my buddy's last name is Weisner do those names ring a bell. Take Care GOD BLESS

re read your 1st post,guess your name is not
Dwain Oliver

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Broken Pick, i knew a guy named Mike Weisner, and his air force buds, nicknamed him buddy
i think he was from nevada, havent seen him since
dyess air force base, late 70s, so is your
buddy name Mike, he was one of the guys i was with looking for that spider rock
sorry im way off topic here

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know lots of Weisers. And Custers, and at least 4 Waltz's. None of them relate to the LDM - however, that said, good luck on your search. My uncle loaned historical pieces to the Smithsonian 45 years ago - 6 lawyers and 2 generations, and we have no idea where it is, and we have no illusions of ever getting them back. (even though the pieces have traveled the globe). If you ever decide to "loan" something to any institution again, get it in writing, in triplicate, notarized, assigned with a value and a specific time that it can be used by the institution. Add an addendum that it is NOT to be hidden in some basement somewhere, where it will eventually end up either being sold, or in the private collection of some "intellectual" (read that "donor").

I wish you luck.

Mrs.O

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread