new show on the dutchman

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh darn. And I was just gettin' ready to show my boobs. But T_H was reading my mind again and beat me to it. I never get to have any fun. :laughing7:

How did TN beat you to it? I don't see any pics of his moobs! Please feel free to indulge yourself!

Mike

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday I had a very interesting conversation with a very nice man. A man who has fame in his family. This man I will call Mr. W.

Mr. W said there is a cavern with streaks of white and rose colored quartz rocks lining the walls. He said that the entrance to the cavern is submerged in water. That you could be standing on the ledge above the cavern entrance and not see the entrance to the cavern. That you would only see water.

Mr. W said that four peaks could be seen at a distance and that a peak now called ship rock is close and could also be seen. He also said that there was a small stone house on top of the cavern. His grandfather removed all of the pretty white and rose colored quartz from the cavern walls after his famous greatgrandfather died and before the area was flooded.

I don't think that anyone would be interested in anything else that Mr. W had to say unless maybe I am forgetting something?

I obviously can't prove anything that was said. You will just have to believe or research to see if such a location exists. Personally I believe what Mr. W told me due to the fact that he is a decendant of the famous miner.

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I had a very interesting conversation with a very nice man. A man who has fame in his family. This man I will call Mr. W.

Mr. W said there is a cavern with streaks of white and rose colored quartz rocks lining the walls. He said that the entrance to the cavern is submerged in water. That you could be standing on the ledge above the cavern entrance and not see the entrance to the cavern. That you would only see water.

Mr. W said that four peaks could be seen at a distance and that a peak now called ship rock is close and could also be seen. He also said that there was a small stone house on top of the cavern. His grandfather removed all of the pretty white and rose colored quartz from the cavern walls after his famous greatgrandfather died and before the area was flooded.

I don't think that anyone would be interested in anything else that Mr. W had to say unless maybe I am forgetting something?

I obviously can't prove anything that was said. You will just have to believe or research to see if such a location exists. Personally I believe what Mr. W told me due to the fact that he is a decendant of the famous miner.

CHLSBRNS,

Thanks for that. I understand that the information he gave you is not recorded anywhere. I don't have an issue with the story. Its just another in a long line of LDM Stories. People can place stock in it or not.

You believe the guy, and that is absolutely your prerogative. If I don't personally know the person that has just told me a hell of a story, then I do a bit of research on the person doing the telling (especially if they are claiming to be descended from the man himself Jacob Waltz). Please let me know if I have anything wrong here:

He told you he is descended from Jacob Waltz. That Waltz married a Hopi Indian Woman in 1875-1876. THAT in and of itself is quite a big claim. Did you do any background on him to see if he could have been related to OUR Jacob Waltz? See, I did that. Jacob Waltz is single and lives by himself in every census. There is no record of marriage of him to ANYBODY. And in all the recorded statements he made to everybody, he NEVER once mentioned a wife and child. There are, however, several other Jacob Waltzes about the same age out there:

Jacob Waltz   Ancestry.com.jpeg

Your guy may indeed be descended from Jacob Waltz. Just not the Jacob Waltz of Phoenix, Az.

If you have research that shows different, please share it with us. If it is accurate, I don't mind saying I was wrong about something.

....and don't do him the disservice of just referring to him as Mr W. He came out and claims to be Jacob Waltz' Great Grandson. Awesome. What is his first name?

Mike

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unlike the authors, TV producers, Apache Junction business owners, and gold claim sellers, it seems none of you have figured out that the REAL Lost Dutchman's gold mine, is the legend itself. I can't tell you how grateful I am to all of you for all of the deep belly laughs I get from reading your heartfelt posts! Please, keep looking and arguing - it IS great entertainment!

Aric

Feb 20, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently using the Gepard GPR.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In all that I read ive never read anything
About annother mine. Is there somthing. Significant about the other mine. Thats if you can share.

Both of the mines in the beginning were Peralta mines. The mine below the Waltz mine was a low grade gold mine. The Peralta miners only worked it for a short time. The mine below and the Waltz mine face the towards the west.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aric

Why you believe the Waltz mine faced towards the west ?

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Unlike the authors, TV producers, Apache Junction business owners, and gold claim sellers, it seems none of you have figured out that the REAL Lost Dutchman's gold mine, is the legend itself. I can't tell you how grateful I am to all of you for all of the deep belly laughs I get from reading your heartfelt posts! Please, keep looking and arguing - it IS great entertainment!

Well sure. But can you prove it? :smileinbox:

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Cool story!

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
CHLSBRNS,

Thanks for that. I understand that the information he gave you is not recorded anywhere. I don't have an issue with the story. Its just another in a long line of LDM Stories. People can place stock in it or not.

You believe the guy, and that is absolutely your prerogative. If I don't personally know the person that has just told me a hell of a story, then I do a bit of research on the person doing the telling (especially if they are claiming to be descended from the man himself Jacob Waltz). Please let me know if I have anything wrong here:

He told you he is descended from Jacob Waltz. That Waltz married a Hopi Indian Woman in 1875-1876. THAT in and of itself is quite a big claim. Did you do any background on him to see if he could have been related to OUR Jacob Waltz? See, I did that. Jacob Waltz is single and lives by himself in every census. There is no record of marriage of him to ANYBODY. And in all the recorded statements he made to everybody, he NEVER once mentioned a wife and child. There are, however, several other Jacob Waltzes about the same age out there:

View attachment 1126128

Your guy may indeed be descended from Jacob Waltz. Just not the Jacob Waltz of Phoenix, Az.

If you have research that shows different, please share it with us. If it is accurate, I don't mind saying I was wrong about something.

....and don't do him the disservice of just referring to him as Mr W. He came out and claims to be Jacob Waltz' Great Grandson. Awesome. What is his first name?

Mike

Please quit putting words in my mouth! You continually make statements that I said things that I did not say! WHAT I SAID WAS THAT I GOT THE INFO FROM ANCESTRY RECORDS!

Show me where I said: That Waltz married a Hopi Indian Woman in 1875-1876

As ive said numerois times I wont hold my breath!
How many times am I going to have to repeat the some statement?

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Please quit putting words in my mouth! You continually make statements that I said things that I did not say! WHAT I SAID WAS THAT I GOT THE INFO FROM ANCESTRY RECORDS!

Show me where I said: That Waltz married a Hopi Indian Woman in 1875-1876

As ive said numerois times I wont hold my breath!
How many times am I going to have to repeat the some statement?

Until you are blue in the face I think the story goes :sadsmiley:

Aric

Feb 20, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently using the Gepard GPR.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aric

Why you believe the Waltz mine faced towards the west ?

Marius,
1. I have been told that the stone house that Waltz built, that never had a roof and that no longer stands faced the northwest. 2. If the mine faced the east the stone house would have faced the northeast. 3. When the Peralta miners were murdered by the Apache Indians they were murdered on the west side of the Superstition Mountains. If the mine faced the east I believe the Peralta miners would have been murdered on the east side of the Superstition Mountains. 4. Waltz said you can see the military trail from my mine but you can't see the mine from the military trail. The mine has to face the west from 270 degrees-300 degrees.

Aric

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius,
1. I have been told that the stone house that Waltz built, that never had a roof and that no longer stands faced the northwest. 2. If the mine faced the east the stone house would have faced the northeast. 3. When the Peralta miners were murdered by the Apache Indians they were murdered on the west side of the Superstition Mountains. If the mine faced the east I believe the Peralta miners would have been murdered on the east side of the Superstition Mountains. 4. Waltz said you can see the military trail from my mine but you can't see the mine from the military trail. The mine has to face the west from 270 degrees-300 degrees.

Aric
You just described the mine and cabin ive been working with. My mine does face north west,and the cabin faces west. May I ask where you got your info. You can pm me if you dont want to share it publicly.
I just find it odd your info would match so closely. We may have info we can share that might help us both.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please forgive my ignorance, but does any hair from Waltz exist today, that may have been taken from his death bed? The reason I ask it is a simple matter these days to have a DNA test done, and if there is reference samples to use from Waltz, they could be compared to anyone claiming to be related to him...

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, he did say it, And a good long stream of septic juice followed and followed and followed.

Wrmickel1

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
CHLSBRNS,

After this, since you are a liar and now compounding it by deleting a post, then saying you never made the statement. Everybody, please follow this link to my original reply to CHLSBRNS and its, statement about Waltz marrying a Hopi Woman and fathering a child:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...uestions-about-lost-dutchman.html#post4414021

That post was in reply to a post which is no longer there.

Since you are a troll, you are now BLOCKED Take care douche.

Mike
I deleted nothing! I asked you to show me where I posted a year/date I did not ask you to show me where I said waltz fathered a child by a hopi.

You twist everything into something its not. No wonder you cant prove anything that you think or believe.

Blocked... Yipppppeeeeeee!

The cavern where waltz got some of his gold is under saquaro lake according to his great grandson. The entrance was consealed by water back then but since the dam was built it is under a whole lot of water.

Being that the entrance was underwater you could walk right past the entrance and never see it.

Oh and I answered the post thag you linked to. Its just another example of how you twist things.

Last edited:

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am i unerstanding you right there was a city under ground that watzs was stealing gold.
That's the same claim Celeste jones had,
A secret under ground city. Ill will refer to the more experienced here to let me know if I wrong
What I don't understand is this. If waltz was getting gold from a city. Refined im sure. wouldn't dick holmes or the gold buyers have been able to tell it didn't come from a mine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread