pkdmslf

Feb 26, 2015
Aridzona
Detector(s) used
El Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do it. You won't regret it.

Even if you're not looking for "anything", just knowing the history makes the trips all that more enjoyable. (But you'll be looking at things more closely because...you just never know.)

Last edited:

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do it. You won't regret it.

+1.

The mountains are an amazing place. Every time I've gone in its a new adventure. There is so much to see and do, looking for the mine or not. It's a very peaceful place where I find great solitude. I've never had a bad day back there.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Even if you're not looking for "anything", just knowing the history makes the trips all that more enjoyable. (But you'll be looking at things more closely because...you just never know.)

Absolutely; these mountains have a mystique of their own. Been there a bunch of times and still can't wait to go back.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yes, I agree. I will be looking....gold, gems...
I'am currently reviewing the gun laws for AZ. I camp "high tech" so I should...should be able to spend 2 weeks at a time there comfortably.
I need to keep in touch with T-net!:laughing7:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
+1.

The mountains are an amazing place. Every time I've gone in its a new adventure. There is so much to see and do, looking for the mine or not. It's a very peaceful place where I find great solitude. I've never had a bad day back there.

I agree djui, I find it peaceful and quite the opposite of all the folklore.

Wrmickel1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I'am currently reviewing the gun laws for AZ. I camp "high tech" so I should...should be able to spend 2 weeks at a time there comfortably.
gun laws here in az are relaxed...you can carry concealed without a permit

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Take that back new law say's you can. But I don't know if your from a different state you can. Ask Azdave to check that out.

Let me know to Azdave

Wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Well hell yah good job AZ just checked and there no problem with it.

Thanks Azdave Wrmickel1

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree djui, I find it peaceful and quite the opposite of all the folklore.

Wrmickel1

I agree with one caveat.... do at least a small amount of educating yourself about the area if you've never hiked in the desert or a wilderness area before and be prepared for emergencies JUST IN CASE. It's actually just common sense - you would (or at least should) do the same if you're going to visit someplace like New York City for the first time if you've never been there - know where it's safe to go and where you should avoid and be prepared - not really that much different in theory.

I love it out there and can guarantee that if I had lived in that area when I was younger it would have been a place I would have spent a huge portion of my days and nights!

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah the laws says resident of Az, I would call and make damm sure before you get in trouble.

Wrmickel1

pkdmslf

Feb 26, 2015
Aridzona
Detector(s) used
El Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Oregon Viking:

Don't allow yourself to become another "Superstition Mountains death statistic". Make sure you are fully prepared, detailed maps of the areas you intend to hike, and make sure you let someone know where you're going and when you plan to return. Also make your trip into the mountains in the cooler parts of the year, definitely not late spring or summer. Don't go alone if at all pssible. (I have hiked solo many times and luckily with no accidents). I was a lot younger then and just a little bit dumber than my current state;b

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread