new show on the dutchman

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of people are complaining about this show,because they know the players,the laws,and the terrain. This show is mainly for those across the nation who idea of wildlife is 4 inch grass. My sister loves this show. Its all the rave down south.
I dont know what is coming our way,but I have a feeling they will end it well.
Truly guys do we want frank,and wayne,woddy,and the history channel giving useable information. If they did that we would be complaining about all the idiots ruining our mountain. Nothing screws up land like a gold rush.

You are right John....so right....if we looked at this on the level that you just stated, we would (or should) take a step back by understanding that the last thing we need is a bunch of individuals tramping all over the mountains!....kind of a mental picture of Walmart on Black Friday..[emoji15]

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right John....so right....if we looked at this on the level that you just stated, we would (or should) take a step back by understanding that the last thing we need is a bunch of individuals tramping all over the mountains!....kind of a mental picture of Walmart on Black Friday..[emoji15]

Thats looks like some rough country, i dont think many would get to far from there vehicle before they headed back, if there smart. Those guys put there life on the line for our enjoyment. You guys that have hike the soups know that,one mistake,it could get ugly fast.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by johnmark29020

There is always the possibility that the location of what they found is being kepted secret.

I may be wrong,but I think this show is a reenactment of a real search. The location and maybe the people involved have been changed to protect the treasure. After all people will go looking. It would be irresponsible to disclose the exact location. Then again it might all be bull.
The truth is only a handful of people will ever know.
Of course there was a intense moment here at my house. When I saw those black hands. I thought for sure I was about to lose a cache. Hehe

or a reenactment of a real search, that didnt find anything

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what they will find inside the cave:

View attachment 1129503

My guess is they will find something that has been "sealed up" pretty good, and have to "call off the hunt" until they can "figure something out,"

but.... not gonna happen unless the 2nd season gets greenlit!

That cross would be my guess as well. But not being involved in the making of the series, who knows ?
Will they find it in the lower cave, which was mined at one time, but not for guano ? Or in the narrow slot to the right ?

100_1032 lower cave.png 100_1024 guano.png

Or even wayyyyy up there ?

100_1026 ladder up.png ....... Stay tuned ! Don't go away ! The best is yet to come !!!!

bigtimedeal

Feb 3, 2011
FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's probably my favorite current show so I really hope they do green-light another season - preferably with a bigger number of episodes. I also hope future episodes get more in-depth and detailed on whatever they're doing

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is always the possibility that the location of what they found is being kepted secret.

I may be wrong,but I think this show is a reenactment of a real search. The location and maybe the people involved have been changed to protect the treasure. After all people will go looking. It would be irresponsible to disclose the exact location. Then again it might all be bull.
The truth is only a handful of people will ever know.
Of course there was a intense moment here at my house. When I saw those black hands. I thought for sure I was about to lose a cache. Hehe

I get that same impression johnmark. The early days of a search going back many years, but due to logistics, only filmed at some of the locations easiest to get a crew into. Spectacular scenery though, and all that was necessary to give those following the series a glimpse of what lies out there beyond Goldfield.

Regards:SH.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You Canadian's are alike. Always showing your cracks

Like Wayne said.
If I had known what he and Bob were talking about in that one scene......I'd be crackin up.
What do you think ?

You know...they should have dedicated the last episode to Randy though....since they went and killed him off

Randy.jpg

Wayne

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They're not gonna find a cross in the bat cave, that I can promise you. I can't wait for the last episode :) The thought about the show being a re-creation of a search is very interesting, I never thought about it like that. I like it.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
It's probably my favorite current show so I really hope they do green-light another season - preferably with a bigger number of episodes. I also hope future episodes get more in-depth and detailed on whatever they're doing

And don't forget lots of cameo's of other fellow Treasure Net hunters and armchair authors.

Wrmickel1

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats looks like some rough country, i dont think many would get to far from there vehicle before they headed back, if there smart. Those guys put there life on the line for our enjoyment. You guys that have hike the soups know that,one mistake,it could get ugly fast.

True I appreciate the risk these guys took..

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
That cross would be my guess as well. But not being involved in the making of the series, who knows ?
Will they find it in the lower cave, which was mined at one time, but not for guano ? Or in the narrow slot to the right ?

Or even wayyyyy up there ?

Stay tuned ! Don't go away ! The best is yet to come !!!!

My guess is they film Eric going up that ladder until he's "out of sight" and then cut away to the INT of a different cave that's elsewhere, on ground level, devoid of guano and convenient to transportation. Inside this convenient cave will be the necessary props.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or a reenactment of a real search, that didnt find anything

That's why props are used for reenactments. To make you think that something was found.
And that something might just give you a reason to continue the search.....or shoot a second season.

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get that same impression johnmark. The early days of a search going back many years, but due to logistics, only filmed at some of the locations easiest to get a crew into. Spectacular scenery though, and all that was necessary to give those following the series a glimpse of what lies out there beyond Goldfield.

Regards:SH.

You may remember me saying this before.
My first look at the sups was google earth.
So when I finally put boots on the ground. I was completely unprepared. So Im glad folks get to see the real terrain. Still I love those mountains. I could be up there everyday. If I didn't live so far away.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is they film Eric going up that ladder until he's "out of sight" and then cut away to the INT of a different cave that's elsewhere, on ground level, devoid of guano and convenient to transportation. Inside this convenient cave will be the necessary props.

That would work. But thinking back, they might find it just laying up high on a rock face somewhere.
But I'll betcha they do make Eric climb up and get it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread