Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe that is where Kurt went.
Is he even still a member here. I will have to look.
But for your question, I don't even get the history channel.

OP
OP
G

gublube

Dec 13, 2010
im waiting for it to come up again, i beleive it was called the legends of the superstition mountains. im waiting for it to come on again so i can get more details and a date. if you have a tablet or ipad you can get the history channel app for free and watch any shows that were already aired for free. most shows anyways.

john

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok,thanks, how a bout a desktop?
I will go look.

OP
OP
G

gublube

Dec 13, 2010
it is called the legends of the superstition mountains. 5 guys are doing a series on cracking the myth of the lost dutchman mine and it will start feb 8th on the history channel. other than the comercials i cant find any other info on it.

john

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is called the legends of the superstition mountains. 5 guys are doing a series on cracking the myth of the lost dutchman mine and it will start feb 8th on the history channel. other than the comercials i cant find any other info on it.

john

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasure-legends/446293-superstition-mts-new-show-history-channel.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Go-Go...778?fref=photo

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...treasure-hunters-unscripted-t-v-series-3.html

from post #39 on....

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our own Frank (SGTFDA) will be on it, as well as a long time Dutch Hunter named Wayne Tuttle. Wayne is one of the main people responsible for the Annual Dutch Hunters Rendezvous. The two of them have spent as much or more time in the Supers as most anybody else I know.

Frank has found more Superstition Gold than most as well!

Mike

OP
OP
G

gublube

Dec 13, 2010
Our own Frank (SGTFDA) will be on it, as well as a long time Dutch Hunter named Wayne Tuttle. Wayne is one of the main people responsible for the Annual Dutch Hunters Rendezvous. The two of them have spent as much or more time in the Supers as most anybody else I know.

Frank has found more Superstition Gold than most as well!

Mike

thanks gollum, i am looking forward to this show. although i dont get to get out much and look for treasures i do hope to soon at least go explore and hike in the supes. i may be moving to az as i love nugget hunting with a detector and prospecting of other sorts. i really hope to make the rendezvous one of these times. id love to meet all of you experienced well knowledged dutch hunters and treasure hunters. i admire the time and work put into the research you have all done and contributed to these sites for guys like me who can still enjoy the hunt from home lol. i hope they really uncover some gd stuff. i got dissapointed in the oak island show...im sure this will be better as it seems to have someone who knows what they are doing and looking for.

john

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks gollum, i am looking forward to this show. although i dont get to get out much and look for treasures i do hope to soon at least go explore and hike in the supes. i may be moving to az as i love nugget hunting with a detector and prospecting of other sorts. i really hope to make the rendezvous one of these times. id love to meet all of you experienced well knowledged dutch hunters and treasure hunters. i admire the time and work put into the research you have all done and contributed to these sites for guys like me who can still enjoy the hunt from home lol. i hope they really uncover some gd stuff. i got dissapointed in the oak island show...im sure this will be better as it seems to have someone who knows what they are doing and looking for.

john

Don't set your expectations too high John - despite the experience Frank and Wayne have out there, remember these shows are based completely upon entertainment value - not whether they actually find something or not.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Well break a leg Frank, Only in the show biz way' Ohh I know talk to the hand and not the face since your a big star now. Looking forward to the show and hope it stays on for years to come and if you need a guess from the rubber room from time to time let me know, I'll sweet talk Joe for ya. Ha ha

Good luck, Take care Wrmickel1

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have said this before, but when I was talking to one of the production companies I am in discussion with, I said that every episode should include maybe a 5 minute safety talk, about what people should and shouldn't do as well as different safety equipment. I was told we are making entertainment not a documentary.

I know that Dutch Hunters don't get more seasoned than Wayne and Frank is a helluva prospector. What it all boils down to is how they produce the final product for television. They could have shot it with everybody on set thinking one way, then cut it up so it says something completely different, and the actors have no input.

Mike

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Gollum

I think there's gonna be a 99% chance all filming we be on private land or non wilderness area's. But old Frank will still pull some gold out of those hills. Maybe he'll have one of those gold grills made from it. Those stars do a lot of foolish things you know.

Wrmickel1

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't set your expectations too high John - despite the experience Frank and Wayne have out there, remember these shows are based completely upon entertainment value - not whether they actually find something or not.

Go ahead and burn out the potential audience for some cheap Entertainment value.......

If you are busy making a show that takes "Historical" information and turns it into this type of entertainment.......where's the incentive you will maintain your own audience......and who is going to watch something based on historical evidence and archaeological evidence, and buy into it for the faked excitement.....

You cant take the area's truest legends and then Skirt around the Issue, by making a documentary about any gold finds there....thats kinda like saying what has been found there already by others is irrelevant to any of this...

the people who made the show were not very nice in their responses, ignoring the interviews......then this rolls off the production lines too fast, and to me is going to be a little skim in the facts......looks like its more like fat free....

.......Should have spent more time in the prep....that's one desperate rush to fill a void behind the Wolters show.

Will there be any interest left for the real finds......??

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
ELDO

There will be lots of interest left for us true treasure hounds.
I'd say more with each find of gold on the show will almost peek more interest. And at the very least prove that the wilderness area is full of minerals, Instead of the complete hoax used by the government to band mining in the area, Maybe it will be over turned back to public land.
Which gets my vote.

Wrmickel1

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go ahead and burn out the potential audience for some cheap Entertainment value.......

If you are busy making a show that takes "Historical" information and turns it into this type of entertainment.......where's the incentive you will maintain your own audience......and who is going to watch something based on historical evidence and archaeological evidence, and buy into it for the faked excitement.....

You cant take the area's truest legends and then Skirt around the Issue, by making a documentary about any gold finds there....thats kinda like saying what has been found there already by others is irrelevant to any of this...

the people who made the show were not very nice in their responses, ignoring the interviews......then this rolls off the production lines too fast, and to me is going to be a little skim in the facts......looks like its more like fat free....

.......Should have spent more time in the prep....that's one desperate rush to fill a void behind the Wolters show.

Will there be any interest left for the real finds......??

I had a perfectly fine interview process - good communication, showed up on time on Skype, spent 15-20 minutes talking and being "interviewed" and followed up later saying thank you but I wasn't selected.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cubber, they don't want it to be found, so automatically you're out, The mystery remains after the show. So set your eyes on Tayopa, and The Victorio Pesk / Caballo mts treasures

3NPO map.JPG

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a perfectly fine interview process - good communication, showed up on time on Skype, spent 15-20 minutes talking and being "interviewed" and followed up later saying thank you but I wasn't selected.

In other words, you came across as a normal, sane and rational person.

Not suitable for reality TV! :laughing7:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In other words, you came across as a normal, sane and rational person.

Not suitable for reality TV! :laughing7:

Well, I'd agree with you except that my friends Wayne and Frank made it on the show and despite what others may think of them, they're both normal, sane and rational :). The main reason I'm sure I didn't make it on the show was because there's nothing "unique" about me (either good or bad). I'm just pretty much vanilla and that just doesn't make for good TV.

Frank and Wayne on the other hand have uniqueness about them :)

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Well, I'd agree with you except that my friends Wayne and Frank made it on the show and despite what others may think of them, they're both normal, sane and rational :). The main reason I'm sure I didn't make it on the show was because there's nothing "unique" about me (either good or bad). I'm just pretty much vanilla and that just doesn't make for good TV.

Paul,

I do appreciate the uniqueness of those two. On the other hand, your own straight forward approach to learning and sharing your own research and exploration into the LDM, and legends of the Superstition Mountains is something that should be on every Dutch Hunter's (mental) book shelf.:notworthy:

Take care friend,

Joe

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Frank is not normal. He was struck by lightning on a Pennsylvania campground.

Also, a while ago he said he fell off a mountain and hit his head on a rock. I think I found the rock he was talking about:

290229.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread