Stone Tablets-Most likely planted fakes.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Bob, but I don't get your drift. I have never believed in "shadow signs" especially those from the natural landscape. I was just wondering what you thought of big bird, and knew you would have an answer to it. I may send you a picture of my shadow someday, for some reason it follows me everywhere, maybe I should be following it?:dontknow:

Homar

Hey Homar,

Ever read Jim Prices book? The Masons used shadow as a language but it's only abstracts not what you might consider actual depictions of a real bird. Most I've run into can't see them, this is why they used it. It's taken me years to decode these symbols and the fact no one else can see them is fine with me. That way I won't be running into anyone while I dig my sites. :icon_thumleft:

Since none of you seem to care about learning the system I'll be pulling out of here now don't want to waste your time.

I just thought I'd try and give it a go. Besides your actually right about your own shadows following you they used shadows of people walking, standing, and sitting. These were called "Walkers". They carved them right into the rock cliffs' to be seen at certain times of the day.

Nice talking to you all.

Later

:hello:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relax bob, drink your coffee. Even Christ couldn't convince the people on many things. The only trouble with shadows is that you have to know the exact minute to interpret them.

Up at Tayopa we have a cave indicted by Bias relief forming a perfect Skull, only visible a couple of days a year and only with the rising sun. :coffee2: :coffee2:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I encourage anyone who feel "shadow signs" are real to show us here a shred of proof to support them coming from the Spanish or any other group, or individuals. That would be written historical text that describes their use and methods of creating them. I will be happy to jump on that wagon when such proofs are offered. Until then, I doubt they exist.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I encourage anyone who feel "shadow signs" are real to show us here a shred of proof to support them coming from the Spanish or any other group, or individuals. That would be written historical text that describes their use and methods of creating them. I will be happy to jump on that wagon when such proofs are offered. Until then, I doubt they exist.

I overwhelmingly agree. That said, even if some folks used this technique, it's quite likely you will never find documentation about it.

A petroglyph researcher friend of mine has demonstrated in numerous examples the following thesis: certain petroglyph locations were chosen by the native culture after a particular and significant shadow manifestation was first observed. First the "shadow world message", then the rock carving that is associated. He has been ridiculed by academia of course - a good indication that he is rocking the boat - but he will be publishing his findings with some intriguing evidence. We can't really expect "written historical text" from creators of this phenomena, so I guess you'll have to trust your own judgement. Below is an example found in a southwestern region where early Spanish intrusion was experienced. First the helmeted shadow was observed, then the petroglyph of the cross-bearing figure was carved.

Soldier.JPG shadow soldier.JPG

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Corizone de plomo, he had better be or I might lose a bit of confidence in him. They are drainage pipes. no 1 for example runs a considerable distance in a straight line disappearing and then reemerging from the soil.and lastly cearly shows it being suspended off of the ground, ( lower no 1 ) the way a drainage pipe should be..

They are pre-draining the area where the thicker clump of brush shows - possibly where the mine ? site is Click on the picture to enlarge and see the drainage pipes.

View attachment 1127353

I wonder what the three rectangular tablet looking stones are? Left side of the photo about half way down.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I overwhelmingly agree. That said, even if some folks used this technique, it's quite likely you will never find documentation about it.

A petroglyph researcher friend of mine has demonstrated in numerous examples the following thesis: certain petroglyph locations were chosen by the native culture after a particular and significant shadow manifestation was first observed. First the "shadow world message", then the rock carving that is associated. He has been ridiculed by academia of course - a good indication that he is rocking the boat - but he will be publishing his findings with some intriguing evidence. We can't really expect "written historical text" from creators of this phenomena, so I guess you'll have to trust your own judgement. Below is an example found in a southwestern region where early Spanish intrusion was experienced. First the helmeted shadow was observed, then the petroglyph of the cross-bearing figure was carved.

View attachment 1127491 View attachment 1127492

Sometimes I think in our enthusiasm for treasure hunting and looking for secret things, we miss the more simple and likely explanations for things. Personally, I think your "cross bearing figure" is nothing more than a representation of this....

crown dancers.JPG

pkdmslf

Feb 26, 2015
Aridzona
Detector(s) used
El Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This shadow thing is new to me.

If you truly believe that the shadows mean something, good for you.

Unless you know what time of year, what day and what time to properly look for, you're just chasing shadows. (Pun intended).

Evidently you believe you are onto something. Good hunting. Your ideas are just as good as anyone else's here.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about this shadow from a GE picture ?

horse head.jpg

JackH member have wrote in one of his thread :

" The Legend goes like this:

The Mexicans were mining, while there were "Lookouts" high above the Mine.
As the day advanced late into the afternoon, all of a sudden under the breath
of a Scout, "Aye Carrumba", then yelled "EL COBOLLO" & was heard below.
When the miners came out it was said to them "EL COBOLLO" was seen in
the canyon arroyo. "How do you know this ?", was asked, "It was heard from
above !" "And how did he know this ?" "He saw him and someone was holding
his reins !" "Where did you hear this ?" "It came from Jesus !"

And a quote from http://www.angelfire.com/trek/forthetruth/dutchman.html

" Apache Jack further said that the Apache left a marker. In a steep-climbing arroyo high upon a mountainside where no white prospector would normally think of looking for gold, was a bright yellow ribbon of it in a narrow vein of rose quartz. It lay under towering cliffs, which overhung the whole arroyo, within plain sight of nearby Weaver's Needle, and thinking no white man would ever venture there, the Apaches did not conceal this place. Below was the secret marker, an eight-foot high boulder hoisted upon the skyline of a ridge which, because it formed an abrupt bend in the north-south trending Needle Canyon, formed also for a few hundreds yards the only south slope. This boulder had been chiseled to look like a rampant horse's head with mouth open, one ear laid back and with the other ear standing straight up. However, it was only so recognized against the sky when viewed from down canyon a short ways to the north."

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

did your petroglyph researcher friend , ever publish these to the internet b4
i think there is a set of the same imgs here on Tnet, if they arent the same
they are super close, look around the treasure signs and symbols threads
i think thats where i saw the imgs

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes I think in our enthusiasm for treasure hunting and looking for secret things, we miss the more simple and likely explanations for things. Personally, I think your "cross bearing figure" is nothing more than a representation of this....

View attachment 1127504

Those guys in your photo look like Apache ceremonial dancers. Are you suggesting that Apaches carved the petroglyph in the picture I posted? A couple of points to consider: 1) When you talk with actual Apaches, you'll likely be told that their people painted on rocks, but never carved on them. That implies someone other than Apaches did the carving. 2) The symbol of the cross-bearing figure predates the Apache (no, it's not a Christian church thing, at least in the way we might recognize). For all we know, the Apaches may have used this same symbol as part of their mythology - hence the similarity to the dancer's headdress. They had to get it somewhere. But I digress - this information is available if you know where to dig.

The point of my post was to demonstrate that shadows can be used in conjunction with other things to impart information to viewers, or at least to catch their eye. I personally do not subscribe to the "mountain-sized shadows", "giant carved hearts", "Google Earth look-like things", etc. type of lore so prevalent of late. However, it's my opinion that in certain limited instances, shadow messages do exist. Note to pkdmlsf: the shadow in my photo is only discernable as a facial profile at certain times - obviously - but more than you might suspect. In this particular instance, an obvious human facial profile is formed for an hour or two/three near midday for a couple/three weeks, twice a year near the equinoxes. At other times, the likeness degrades or disappears. Whoever created this shadow/carving thing was clever, and because of the helmeted figure, I'd guess was emulating the Native technique as well as using one of their cultural figures.

Now, why do I think the shadow theme is useful at this certain site, and not just an interesting coincidence? Because of what the cross-bearing guy is doing with his right hand, of course. Ha ha. He's holding a zigzag line with a knob on the end. The task is to find something with a zigzag profile that matches this line, then go to the location of the knob and see what's there. Sound difficult? Not when you view the surrounding ridge lines from the carving's location during the times when the face shadow is present. At that sun angle, the shadows on one ridge line produce a perfect profile match to the zigzag in the guy's hand. Too complicated for you? Yeah, you don't find this stuff in books. It takes an effort. You ought to see what's at the knob on that ridge line. But, I digress again - please return to the PSM debate.

x.JPG
(By the way - yes, that's a horned serpent near the bottom of the photo).

Last edited:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he was merely stating that we misinterpret the meanings of Native-American petroglyphs because we operate from a biased perspective. I have seen people claiming petroglyphs of birds and other animals are dragons and dinosaurs! People very often see only what they want to see, and perceive things based on their personal biases. I've also seen people claiming petroglyphs were of "aliens" when it is much more likely they were simply representation of Native-Americans wearing ceremonial headdresses.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I think he was merely stating that we misinterpret the meanings of Native-American petroglyphs because we operate from a biased perspective. I have seen people claiming petroglyphs of birds and other animals are dragons and dinosaurs! People very often see only what they want to see, and perceive things based on their personal biases. I've also seen people claiming petroglyphs were of "aliens" when it is much more likely they were simply representation of Native-Americans wearing ceremonial headdresses.

Yeah, well ... no argument from me on any of that. People generally buy into a belief system and defend it regardless. I leave all options on the table and move toward what gives results, no matter what sacred cows are left behind. In this game, it takes a lot of time and Vibram.

txtea

Nov 16, 2009

Interesting.

Could depict a number of things, but I have to agree with Cubfan. Looks like a headress worn during certain Native American ceremonies.
Another rare pic of one of these ceremonies by Edward Curtis.

Of course then again, it may be a Teletubby....:tongue3:

Attachments

• edward curtis rare native american ceremony.png
    edward curtis rare native american ceremony.png
    1 MB · Views: 127

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relax bob, drink your coffee. Even Christ couldn't convince the people on many things. The only trouble with shadows is that you have to know the exact minute to interpret them.

Up at Tayopa we have a cave indicted by Bias relief forming a perfect Skull, only visible a couple of days a year and only with the rising sun. :coffee2: :coffee2:

I kind of over reacted didn't I?

Sorry about that. I had to go to the Dentist and my tooth was killing me!:BangHead:

I think maybe I should start another thread about the relation of the Stone Maps to the signs and shadows.

In the mean time the Reason I get so testy is when someone can't see I feel I need to draw it out for them and it takes so damn much time to do that it sucks!

This ones for you Homar.

Now I know you need to update those glasses so I spelled it out for ya. Just grab the tail and hold on.

View attachment 1127721 :icon_cyclops_ani: Just Kidding!

I know it's hard to fathom shadow's making any sense at all. But if they have some meaning they usually make a slightly different image out of season if they're big symbols like these.
Now I don't know if these symbols can be found outside of Arizona or not but the artistic nature of the abstracts are pretty easy to spot once you know the basics.:dontknow:

View attachment 1127729

If it walks like a duck it must be a goose!:walk:

View attachment 1127733

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
ive never heard read this story b4 today, i was looking
for a donkey/mule img i thought id seen in one of the
old treasure mags, that reminds me of the horse/mule on
the stone. its a write up about a group called The Dons
that gave camp tours of the sup mtns,back in the 20s=30s
one of the Dons tells the story of how Peralta acquired
a now lost mine in the sup mtns,the funny thing is that
Peralta named what is now called weavers needle the,
La Mina Sombrera, Thw Hat Mine
i did some captures of that story, it comes with a map
the whole thing is prob made up, thought it interesting
the story was published in 38, and the stones were found
in 49

story:Trekking For Treasure By The Desert Magazine
vol.1 April 1938 No.6
pg 6-8
Publication Name:

story pt1.png story pt2.png lost mine map.png

OP
OP
motel6.5

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is/was a real hand tooled Rampant Horse"s head made by the Apaches from a large bolder above a trail completed after they finished off the Peraltas. Dont know if its still there?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive never heard read this story b4 today, i was looking
for a donkey/mule img i thought id seen in one of the
old treasure mags, that reminds me of the horse/mule on
the stone. its a write up about a group called The Dons
that gave camp tours of the sup mtns,back in the 20s=30s
one of the Dons tells the story of how Peralta acquired
a now lost mine in the sup mtns,the funny thing is that
Peralta named what is now called weavers needle the,
La Mina Sombrera, Thw Hat Mine
i did some captures of that story, it comes with a map
the whole thing is prob made up, thought it interesting
the story was published in 38, and the stones were found
in 49

story:Trekking For Treasure By The Desert Magazine
vol.1 April 1938 No.6
pg 6-8
Publication Name:

View attachment 1127761 View attachment 1127762 View attachment 1127763

This map is what Julia Thomas made and sold .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread