Stone Tablets-Most likely planted fakes.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes a lot of people make "claims" that they cant verify or they are flat out incorrect and the same people always seem to ignore facts such as the misspelling of simple words such as horse.

Hey, isn't horse misspelled on the peralta stone?

Who ever verified that the stones real or fake have anything to do with peralta? Nobody!

Who ever verified that the stones peralta or not have anything to do with waltz be it a mine a cache or a bs story? Nobody!

I guess you just have to believe no matter what is put in front of you.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Not really. I am not the first one or the only person to float this idea, or scenario.

I don't think that I have read a more candid opinion on Polzer.

BUT... If your theory is correct there would have to be proof of a cover up. Think about Polzer as a filter at the neck of a funnel. Everything that gets dumped into the funnel would have a record of receipt. A record of it being thrown into (deposited) the funnel. Stands to reason that if he pulled material, there would be evidence of it on the other end. The findings or his conclusions.

Stands to reason that your theory, if correct, could be proven with some luck and time. And that would be a game changer. Complicity.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not taking a position on these tablets one way or another, but a trap many fall into is believing that because objects like the tablets were created means they must be significant in some way. And often those thoughts center around ideas or agendas they want to promote or support. Often people get bored and create such object simply to occupy their time. I have done so myself on many occasions, and I could see how if those objects were found they might be misconstrued as being related to one thing or another. There really is no cut and dried evidence one way or another on the tablets, and we are all left to wonder. And I would just caution people against thinking because they exist, they must prove this, or show that, or be related to specific things. None of that may be the case, or all of it, we just don't know. And it seems that is the worst of all, the not knowing part. Because obviously people want to know very badly.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
I'm not taking a position on these tablets one way or another, but a trap many fall into is believing that because objects like the tablets were created means they must be significant in some way. And often those thoughts center around ideas or agendas they want to promote or support. Often people get bored and create such object simply to occupy their time. I have done so myself on many occasions, and I could see how if those objects were found they might be misconstrued as being related to one thing or another. There really is no cut and dried evidence one way or another on the tablets, and we are all left to wonder. And I would just caution people against thinking because they exist, they must prove this, or show that, or be related to specific things. None of that may be the case, or all of it, we just don't know. And it seems that is the worst of all, the not knowing part. Because obviously people want to know very badly.

What you are writing about sounds like art.
And in art, there is always a message.
Even when the artist is convinced that there is not.

There is a staircase in New Mexico. In a chapel. It's carpenter is a mystery and it is without exception a work of genius. It seems that once the work was completed, the carpenter disappeared, or "turned up a missing". Some people believe that he belonged to an obscure fraternal order. The members goal is to create one great legacy work, anonymously. It's vague and just a theory, but it may explain the stones. If I had a secret and wanted to preserve it until a future time, when the secret was protected by law, I would stall with a great brain teaser.

Since 1984, whatever is there has been protected.
And that was the plan thanks to those in power who understood the locations history.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes. High speed machinery. Can you tell us what exactly Polzers was an expert in?

...but, you should not let their date discourage you.

I look at it this way. They (the stones) are a record.
Not necessarily. work of art or fancy is just as proven.
They tell the location of something important.
Ditto, unproven.
Something historical, archeological, or perhaps a cache of valuables.
Ditto
Or all three.
Nope.
There is gold in the Superstition if that is what you are after.
Depends on semantics. How do you define 'Superstition' -'excessively credulous belief in and reverence for supernatural beings.' There is gold in ocean water, so what?
But there may be something far more important.
You never know what you never know :)
You may want to look into logical fallacies. That argument ^ begs the question. It first assumes that there is something to it as its argument that there is something to it.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Not necessarily. work of art or fancy is just as proven. Ditto, unproven. Ditto Nope. Depends on semantics. How do you define 'Superstition' -'excessively credulous belief in and reverence for supernatural beings.' There is gold in ocean water, so what? You never know what you never know :)

You may want to look into logical fallacies. That argument ^ begs the question. It first assumes that there is something to it as its argument that there is something to it.

I don't get it?
What part of "I look at it this way" do you have a problem with? Personally, I think that there is evidence that the stones are a map and that they use a system of known treasure symbols to communicate directions. It is my opinion and I have enough circumstantial evidence to support the belief. Some of the evidence is scientific, some confirmed by those in charge of the SWA and some by mining experts. The problem is that even when you know how to read the stones, they still need to be deciphered. And correctly.

But, it's an opinion. Like yours, but I think a little more clear.

It should have been Superstitions. There is gold in the Superstitions despite official reports.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you are writing about sounds like art.
And in art, there is always a message.
Even when the artist is convinced that there is not.

No, that is an assumption, which is exactly what I was warning about in my post to begin with. People got bored back in the day just like they do now. When I doodle at my desk, no intent is transferred to my doodling at all.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
The way that I look at it is that the stones are an intentional distraction meant to direct others away from an area.

I would hope that a miner would know where their mines are located. I could see a map being made to find the locations of buried caches but even then the maps should be easy to make, easy to read and easily hidden.

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Peraltas had numerous mines all of which are so called "lost" there are also supposed to be 30 some caches. You dont hear of many if any who believe or think that Waltz found a cache. Most seem to think that Waltz found one of the numerous so called lost mines.

Take you to it I will

View attachment 1121248

This is number 7 in the list.

I havent found more than 8 mines in their sequence in this area.

Who is to know how many more, but caches are easy to find !

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way that I look at it is that the stones are an intentional distraction meant to direct others away from an area.

I would hope that a miner would know where their mines are located. I could see a map being made to find the locations of buried caches but even then the maps should be easy to make, easy to read and easily hidden.

Sorry Beautiful, they are as real as my donkey and my number 5

View attachment 1121251

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
No, that is an assumption, which is exactly what I was warning about in my post to begin with. People got bored back in the day just like they do now. When I doodle at my desk, no intent is transferred to my doodling at all.
The act of doodling is the intent. You believe that you have detached and are free drawing, without any emotional connection. But you are being driven by deeper forces including what you would call the imagination. If you were truly able to detach, it would be fair to describe yourself as a sociopath. I don't believe that this is the case.

Try doodling with a white crayon on white paper.

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry Beautiful, they are as real as my donkey and my number 5

View attachment 1121251

Is giving the coordinates to the 5 to much to ask? I want to see how big it is. In other words would I need to be flying above to see it? Can you tell it looks like a 5 at ground level or are ancient aliens involved in the making of the stone map?

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the stones are not fakes.the big hole with the little dot next to it represent the earth and the moon. the other dots represent stars. ya need 7 points to arrive at a destination.. you people are lost.. watch the movie stargate and you will understand.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't get it?
What part of "I look at it this way" do you have a problem with?
If you look closely at my previous response you will notice that I didn't respond specifically to " I look at it this way" so your questions is unfounded. Please don't try to box people into taking a position you wish they did and which you would like to argue against, it is unbecoming.
Personally, I think that there is evidence that the stones are a map and that they use a system of known treasure symbols to communicate directions. It is my opinion and I have enough circumstantial evidence to support the belief.
And we are supposed to take your word for that?
Some of the evidence is scientific, some confirmed by those in charge of the SWA and some by mining experts.
Ditto
The problem is that even when you know how to read the stones, they still need to be deciphered. And correctly.
Assuming of course that there is actually something to be read, as of yet an unproven and unsupported assumption, begs the question again.
But, it's an opinion. Like yours, but I think a little more clear.
Really? You consider the statement of fact to be an opinion? Loud and clear!
It should have been Superstitions. There is gold in the Superstitions despite official reports.

Yes. Even without having fun with your typo, the underlying idea I was trying to coax out of you is how for the sake of your claim you define the Superstitions. Everybody throws it out there and means something different and most times don't posses a clue as to what they themselves mean, let alone are willing to accept any inclusions or limitations on it, which they are willing to defend - or not.

Do you mean a specific Range? Bounded by what? The entire wildlife area and that alone? Depending on how you eventually, if ever, define your actual claim I may have question or challenge. Until then I can still ask to see proof of the gold existing as you claim. Or do we just take your word?

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think that I have read a more candid opinion on Polzer.

BUT... If your theory is correct there would have to be proof of a cover up. Think about Polzer as a filter at the neck of a funnel. Everything that gets dumped into the funnel would have a record of receipt. A record of it being thrown into (deposited) the funnel. Stands to reason that if he pulled material, there would be evidence of it on the other end. The findings or his conclusions.

Stands to reason that your theory, if correct, could be proven with some luck and time. And that would be a game changer. Complicity.

Don't know who else would have done it. If not him, then certainly someone under his influence.

Don't think it would be a game-changer, as nobody really cares. I am not the first one to complain; Ernie Provence raised hell as well about a set of missing books. I complained to the archivist at ASU to tell her that a few folios were missing as well, and all I got was a "what do you want me to do about it?" Those archivists are overworked and underpaid.

Anyway, I digress. Not really relevant to this thread.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
If you look closely at my previous response you will notice that I didn't respond specifically to " I look at it this way" so your questions is unfounded. Please don't try to box people into taking a position you wish they did and which you would like to argue against, it is unbecoming.

It is an opinion. Your open response addressed it as if it were being proclaimed as fact.

And we are supposed to take your word for that?

Never, but I have posted my ideas and solution to the stones and if you have not read them, you could not have formed an educated opinion. Unless you have and disagree.

Ditto Assuming of course that there is actually something to be read, as of yet an unproven and unsupported assumption, begs the question again. Really? You consider the statement of fact to be an opinion? Loud and clear!

Coming to the conclusion that a stone peppered with documented treasure symbols, is anything other than an encrypted record of directions, is in my opinion, illogical. Hoax or no hoax, you have a language laid out before you. Ignoring that obvious fact is in my opinion, a waste of ones time.

Yes. Even without having fun with your typo, the underlying idea I was trying to coax out of you is how for the sake of your claim you define the Superstitions.

Everybody throws it out there and means something different and most times don't posses a clue as to what they themselves mean, let alone are willing to accept any inclusions or limitations on it, which they are willing to defend - or not.

Do you mean a specific Range? Bounded by what? The entire wildlife area and that alone?

The boundary of the SWA is clear and it is within those limits that I define the "Superstitions". This is because my placement of the stones is almost entirely within this area. Almost. So for me, the Superstition is the defined Wilderness Area, but only because my search is there. It could include whatever you want it to include I guess as it is only a name. Names change.

Depending on how you eventually, if ever, define your actual claim I may have question or challenge. Until then I can still ask to see proof of the gold existing as you claim. Or do we just take your word?

If I wanted gold I would have followed Kurt into the range. He has at least had some luck despite what is written about him on TNet. And I have warned readers before, if I find it first, the DLM, I will document it, sample it, any conceal it for good.. out of spite. That would be a real pisser.

At this point I am still unclear as to what you believe.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Don't know who else would have done it. If not him, then certainly someone under his influence.

Don't think it would be a game-changer, as nobody really cares. I am not the first one to complain; Ernie Provence raised hell as well about a set of missing books. I complained to the archivist at ASU to tell her that a few folios were missing as well, and all I got was a "what do you want me to do about it?" Those archivists are overworked and underpaid.

Anyway, I digress. Not really relevant to this thread.

Consider writing for prosperity or for the next generation who will be even more removed from this amazing period in history. People eventually do care about the truth.

Here is a little know fact about the order of Jesuits. Astrological observations played a critical roll in their decision making. What year did Kino sail for the New World? What was the name of the comet that appeared that year. What should it be called? What is the name of the work Kino published in 1681? What astronomical event occurred just before Kino was sent to California in 82? What was his official title on that expedition and what did the assignment include? Very curios when you look at the many coincidences and relationship to aztec mythology.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread