Stone Tablets-Most likely planted fakes.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I agree!

Wyatt Westwood strikes again. He left a bad reputation behind him, and he always caused nothing but trouble. He made a number of threats against me personally. The fact that he replaced all of his posts with "No news is good news" does not erase the bad memories.

There are times when truth trumps the rules. IMHO, this is one of those times. I would urge the Mod's to reinstate Mike. He has great value to discussions about the LDM.

This post may get me banned, but it needed to be said.

Joe Ribaudo

if they ban us all ..then they will have no forum

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rules apply to all, not just to some, I put one of my own hunting partners on timeout for ignoring warnings...Warnings have been posted several times and were ignored, it's your choice to post or not. Mike is on 2 week timeout....

TreasureNet Rules state....

"Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public."

"We reserve the right to limit any users' access to any feature, including the ability to search, post, browse, upload avatars, etc.. We reserve the right to ban any user, and/or delete any user account (including all posts) at any time, for any reason. Bans are not subject to member review, approval, protest, or appeal."

Last edited:

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's most unfortunate. And; definitely our loss.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haha, I. Surprised it took him I this long to get a time out. He's probably laughing it up and spending the time looking for treasure. Just sayin

goldbugpr

Apr 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
minelab 3500
I rarely agree with all he says but he always makes good argument

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So....Billy......

.........what DOES it taste like?
Judy stop addressing him as "Billy" and stop trying to antagonize Bill.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill is a TNet member and he be-having one hard time on this thread for sure.

WAH!!!

I'M IN THE CORNER AND WANT AN OREO COOKIE!!!

Oh, I forgot, that type of food is no longer allowed by federal law in Treasure Net Kinder Garden.

Only thing allowed is Dutchman Crow.

Now we be-having Crow.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
WAH!!!

I'M IN THE CORNER AND WANT AN OREO COOKIE!!!

Oh, I forgot, that type of food is no longer allowed by federal law in Treasure Net Kinder Garden.

Only thing allowed is Dutchman Crow.

Now we be-having Crow.
Bill,
We don't speak that word or ever write it.

OP
OP
motel6.5

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, any old mission on the San Pedro may be worth its weight in treasure,lots of clues their,just make sure its the old one and not the newer 1. I once new a man who found something under a degraded mission alter. Steps can lead to more if found. Good luck in your searches.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, any old mission on the San Pedro may be worth its weight in treasure,lots of clues their,just make sure its the old one and not the newer 1. I once new a man who found something under a degraded mission alter. Steps can lead to more if found. Good luck in your searches.

Most missions and Pueblo sites along the Pedro are on private or protected land the locations are documented at the state historical museum in Tucson. I looked them up once and saw that which discouraged my attempts at visiting the sites. It's a well known fact they hid small vestments and mission inventory books / maps under the alters according to Donald Page one of the early Archeologist's to explore and document these mission sites.

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Well seems we've gone from whether the stones are real or not to more like Treasure signs, so I have a couple of questions/thoughts. One even related to the thread.

Being just an old Scare Crow, had a question on the shadow signs. Being they had to be seen at a specific time and location, how were the folks knowing that?
I mean did they have some sort of map that told them go this far and on the second Tuesday of the week, following the Blue Moon, look for the Owl at 12:37pm?
I mean I'm lucky to find my way home at night, let alone trying to remember to look for the bear that looks like a rock right next to the barn that used to be there.

Heck knowing me I'd show up on Wednesday and miss the sign, and end up as a bunch of old rags and donkey feed.

The other thing, back to the original subject, the stones. Mick and Pedro's names. Nothing like the rest of the carvings. One looks like it was scratched in as an afterthought, on the side of the stone. While the other has a more prominent location. Why? I was always told a sign has more then one message, the obvious, and the one only a few will see. Did Mick take offense to Pedro having his name put on and just take a knife and make his too? Or is it something else?

Last edited:

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Oh and how I learned things can have multiple meanings. At Grandma's house when you walked in there were a set of shelves with all the family photos on it. To the casual observer, like a neighbor, that's all it was. Not to us. You were ranked according to which shelf your photo was on. The better Gram thought of you, the higher up on the shelves you were. And we all learned to look at those shelves as soon as we entered the house. Lucky for me I usually held the top shelf. Only once dropped to the second. Guilty by association. Was there when two of my cousins shot out some barn windows. Took some serious chores to get back up there, the others never made it past the bottom shelf. And if your picture wasn't there, Lord help you.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well seems we've gone from whether the stones are real or not to more like Treasure signs, so I have a couple of questions/thoughts. One even related to the thread.

Being just an old Scare Crow, had a question on the shadow signs. Being they had to be seen at a specific time and location, how were the folks knowing that?
I mean did they have some sort of map that told them go this far and on the second Tuesday of the week, following the Blue Moon, look for the Owl at 12:37pm?
I mean I'm lucky to find my way home at night, let alone trying to remember to look for the bear that looks like a rock right next to the barn that used to be there.

Heck knowing me I'd show up on Wednesday and miss the sign, and end up as a bunch of old rags and donkey feed.

The other thing, back to the original subject, the stones. Mick and Pedro's names. Nothing like the rest of the carvings. One looks like it was scratched in as an afterthought, on the side of the stone. While the other has a more prominent location. Why? I was always told a sign has more then one message, the obvious, and the one only a few will see. Did Mick take offense to Pedro having his name put on and just take a knife and make his too? Or is it something else?

Mr Syn,

You deserve an explanation. Since those that came here way back when had more knowledge about using the sun and stars for navigation it was second nature from them as they looked at land being the same as at sea.

They could position their self for instance at a certain angle and distance from a mountain range for viewing. The times of day would remain the same day after day so it was just a matter of staying in one place (Something very hard to do in todays world) and looking for a shadow pointer and water sign. Water was the first reason you can't drink from cattle ponds or rivers it had to be a fresh water spring fro the humans. Humans will drink bad water if they get thirsty enough but having a path to the fresh water was what they wanted. Food was next it had to be a wildlife forest that you can hunt for bear, lion, deer fresh meats.
Man couldn't live on beans alone.

I don't know about Donkey feed but you can read the signs here pretty much year round they just get a bit better in the fall before the winter solstice. Now I do have a Rock Bear I can show you. It has it's paws on it's nose but you can plainly see what it is.

I'll see it I can find it and you tell me if it looks like the one next to yer Barn.

Mick was a Jagger not a Dagger but he always had a bag of Pedro.:laughing7:

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carrol,

You can find him at the SMHS MUseum in AJ. I don't personally know if he knew your dad or not.

Phil,

1. Do you know where Black Bart found your stone?
2. Did you know Carrol Ingle II? Carrol here is Carrol Ingle III.

Mike

Here's the close proximity, it's been a long time ago. I know it was a large wash past the Bluebird on the right. Walking down the wash I saw it on the right side under a large tree (leaning against it), then the wash curved to the right. Those roads were not there at that time. It has a cross on top (not shown). What are the odds of having 2 stones with the same number on them? Does the other one have a cross on top?

View attachment 1200373

View attachment 1200372

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions