Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am going to have to ask a friend of mine who has lived in Queen Valley all his life and had to work all his life in Superior, and with the mines in Superior, and the town to have his house in QV.
Not doubting any of your beliefs or postings, but thanks for the post just the same.
It is an interesting theory, or opion from the person, not from you.

You mean this page was attached to the picture of the headstone as a link?

Advocat

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting story, had not heard that one. What I can say to it is, I have relatives who have owned property in QV going back to the 1970s -- some built and lived on theirs -- and not only are none of them members of the Church of Christ/LDS, but also none ever were, are or ever will be "wealthy".

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The LDS, .....yeah, they rode the short bus when I went to school.

What a funny story, "teased Jacob Waltz about being called the lost dutchman" :laughing7::tongue3::laughing7::tongue3:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
He carried a magic divining-rod.
A miraculous crystal stone.
By which in the darkened crown of his hat.
He could fix a spot unknown .

Leo Leonard Twinem. "A Ballard of Old Pocock"

It could only be a possibility if the dates work.
Mesa 1878 founded.
Lehi 1877
Early Northern AZ Mormon exploration. 1870

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
The LDS, .....yeah, they rode the short bus when I went to school.

What a funny story, "teased Jacob Waltz about being called the lost dutchman" :laughing7::tongue3::laughing7::tongue3:

It sure does sound like a fantastic story. But keep in mind that the Superstitions plays (played) an important roll in Mormon mythology. It would not have been impossible for Waltz to meet a group of Mormons and to have helped them financially. Waltz would have found them a hard working, industrious people and perhaps he favored them for their principles and simplicity.
The SWA designation was championed by a powerful Mormon.
There were, at on time, Mormon pageants performed at the base of the Superstitions.
I don't buy the story in its entirety but the Mormons are an important part of local history.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Hal let the mormons out of the bag!
Mormons made stone tablets. Check the dates on the stones and their relevance to mormon history. The horses head traced from a 1900 map could make sense if it was mormons who made the stones.

I'll let you all figure it out or ignore the facts!

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal let the mormons out of the bag!
Mormons made stone tablets. Check the dates on the stones and their relevance to mormon history. The horses head traced from a 1900 map could make sense if it was mormons who made the stones.

I'll let you all figure it out or ignore the facts!

1846 would be a more appropriate date if someone in the Mormon Battalion had anything to do with it. Plus there is no report of them reaching that far north on their historic march. However, Mormons are connected to many of the early mines that were once worked around the Superstitions, only after 1880.

We are not allowed to talk about Mormons or the Dons on this site so, I will stop here.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
No not the battalion. This tells about them settling throughout arizona, gold, mining and more.

https://dcms.lds.org/delivery/DeliveryManagerServlet?dps_pid=IE89235
I have read parts of that and don't remember any thing specific to the Superstitions or Queens Creek. Who would have been on Queens Creek from the LDS in 1847 and why would they be using treasure symbols to mark stones?

Can you point to the passage?
Are you thinking that it may be some type of claim?

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Hal I don't want to start making assumptions os saying I think or I believe, ect.

A simple search for: mormons 1847 ... Can get you started.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
The Morman connection has been discussed and discounted years ago, I suggest you take off your eye patch and think with both eyes.

Thinking with one eye I knew that the black queen mine was never owned by waltz as you have previously stated.

Did you read about the peraltas in the pdf file that I posted a link to today? The pdf about the history of mormons in arizona?

Maybe I should close my mind and both eyes.

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Thinking with one eye I knew that the black queen mine was never owned by waltz as you have previously stated.

Did you read about the peraltas in the pdf file that I posted a link to today? The pdf about the history of mormons in arizona?

Maybe I should close my mind and both eyes.

It great to share links to the things that you are reading. It would be a huge help if you could be page specific because you are supporting your ideas with huge generalizations. Read the book is not the same as here, page 222. It says....

You obviously want to be understood, everyone does but being vague honestly is not working.
Be specific. Why are you pointing at the Mormons? Nothing in that book suggest that they were involved in making the stones.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
It great to share links to the things that you are reading. It would be a huge help if you could be page specific because you are supporting your ideas with huge generalizations. Read the book is not the same as here, page 222. It says....

You obviously want to be understood, everyone does but being vague honestly is not working.
Be specific. Why are you pointing at the Mormons? Nothing in that book suggest that they were involved in making the stones.

Everyone wants the lazy way out. I should do the work, read for hours, take notes and hand them out to people who won't read it anyway because they want to believe something else.

I never said that the book specifically mentioned stones. I said they were known to make stones or tablets or something like that.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Everyone wants the lazy way out. I should do the work, read for hours, take notes and hand them out to people who won't read it anyway because they want to believe something else.

I never said that the book specifically mentioned stones. I said they were known to make stones or tablets or something like that.
You post at your own free will I am guessing.
If you are trying to educate your readers it helps to keep thing accurate, and focused.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread