Maps

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Kino Heritage Society :: Preface Memoirs

Here is an article to read and the specific paragraph below that answers a few of your questions which, btw, have impressed me. It's alway refreshing to find someone with similar interests.

I have invested quite a bit of time researching the life and times of the Jesuit Father Kino, (several variations in the spelling) and haven't even come close to scratching the surface of what's available.

Among other things, many other things, Kino went searching for quicksilver.

Today, historians resist placing Kino's explorations north of the Gila, but I strongly disagree with that conclusion. I have seen evidence that he reached the Moqui, which, as you may know, was far north of that river.

Read up on Kino. There are things about him that are true mysteries and will certainly leave you scratching your head... and wanting more. I also have a few interesting ideas about Kino that tie into much larger, more controversial ideas. This isn't the place to write about that, however these ideas will challenge your perception of history.

If you need help with the research, just ask. There are others on this site who are equally if not more knowledgable about the wonderings and good deeds of Americas first Jesuit cowboy.

"This assurance was the inspiration of his remaining journeys. In the same year, 1700, he for the first time reached the Yuma junction, and learned that he was above the head of the Gulf, which greatly strengthened his belief in the peninsular theory. In the next year he returned to the same point by way of the Camino del Diablo, passed some distance down the Colorado, and crossed over to the California side, towed on a raft by Indians and sitting in a basket. Finally, in 1702, his triumph came, for he again returned to the Yuma junction, descended the Colorado to the Gulf, and saw the sun rise over its head. He was now satisfied that he had demonstrated the feasibility of a land passage to California and had disproved the idea that California was an island."

Hal,

If you have such evidence, this would be a good place to share it, as many have researched Father Kino and his travels, myself included.

Would something like this be part of the evidence?

Take care,

Joe

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal,

If you have such evidence, this would be a good place to share it, as many have researched Father Kino and his travels, myself included.

Take care,

Joe
Cactusjumper,
Last night I was in a mall that was suddenly evacuated do to a bomb threat. (Quaker Bridge Mall). Today, I am sitting on pins and needles hoping that the train ride home is less eventful than the Amtrak ride that killed eight a few weeks back.
With that said, I am having a hard time focusing. Please be patient with me. What evidence are you writing about?

Will you put some words to this beautiful picture?
Thanks Joe!

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hal,

Take care,

Joe

Very cool artifact Joe - and ditto would you care to share the story to go with that? Thanks in advance.

:coffee2: :coffee2:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Roy,

It is cool. I was asked to have someone look at the picture and offer an educated opinion on it. I believe I sent the picture to Professor Michael Smith at ASU. I admire his work and trust his opinions.

Hope all is well with you, Beth and the pups.

Take care,

Joe

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course.
I will copy you with the same PM.
Its just a little secret and won't help you find lost treasure, but if the bigger picture is important to you, historically speaking, and if you have an open mind, then you will find it somewhat interesting. Or not. It's a conclusion based on simple facts.

I will send the PM tonight when I get home.

well seeing that i am a firm believer that kino was against the roman catholic church (a spy for another organization) anything you throw my way will be appreciated..

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
well seeing that i am a firm believer that kino was against the roman catholic church (a spy for another organization) anything you throw my way will be appreciated..

I have read that he was known as the father who showed the natives how to conceal their mines from the Spanish. There were at least two rouge priest in the SouthWest that I know of.

You may be on to something.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I have read that he was known as the father who showed the natives how to conceal their mines from the Spanish. There were at least two rouge priest in the SouthWest that I know of.

You may be on to something.

Care to mention the second priest? Was he a Franciscan?

KXMember

Dec 19, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
OKM
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much. Now I am confused for sure. Here are the maps in question. Please let me know what you think after seeing the word in context. Weed,weeding,hoe,reaming? I am missing something.

These are from the same article, provided by G. Davis.

After reading how much time you guys have invested into these maps amazes me, especially being that y'all are all looking in Arizona. The answers you your riddles are in plain sight yet they are ignored. The Gonzales map is the same as the Peralta stone map. Try to avoid all the books written on the subject, for they lead you astray. The thought of all the money that went into these searches...holy cow. View attachment 1178553 View attachment 1178554 View attachment 1178555 View attachment 1178557

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Lot's of heads around:

SupeRockHead.jpg

PrayingIndian.jpg

These are two pretty good one's.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you KX guys got somethin good over there.
Maybe all the guys from Arizona, Oklahoma, Utah and Texas should go to NM and follow these KX guys around a bit.
Who knows, we might find something too....get our own TV show.
Anyone interested ?

Last edited:

KXMember

Dec 19, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
OKM
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol....by all means continue the cognitive dissonance. Maybe another decade will twist the stories in a more interesting direction.

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There sure is a lot of Bloviating going on here.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol....by all means continue the cognitive dissonance. Maybe another decade will twist the stories in a more interesting direction.

Well, KX. Yer tryin awful hard, but almost a whole day has gone by with no takers on my offer.
I hope it doesn't take another decade to see you all on the TV, that's all.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about this map ? I believe is easy to find the place .

map.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread