Armchair Quarterbacking LDM Legend.. even Experts are guessing

KXMember

Dec 19, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
OKM
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Here's the truth: the mines were not owned by the Crown, only licensed to private contractors who paid to play. The contractors owned the mining operations and ran them as they wished. The King didn't care what they did as long as he got his share. Then, after Mexican independence, it was a free-for-all. Most of the old mines you think are Spanish are from the Anglo period, ca 1850-1940, depending on your location. There was no standardization of mine location coding on shipping documents. Do yourself a favor and set aside that Kenworthy nonsense and do some digging about New World mining. I don't expect you to take my word for it - find out for yourself if you're curious. There have been some posts recently that point to lots of links.

You're missing some facts in your perception

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No mystery. Small and medium sized operations completely unconnected in operation sice Arizona was part of Mexico. Legends are sexy, Truth sometimes looks like a six-pack beauty queen that you just "woke up with."

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KX, The mines were leased under the Spanish rules. the land did belong to the Crown / King, and very accurate records were kept of the legitiment mines., particularily the survey records.

The lease, exclusive, is now for 50 years, renewable.

KXMember

Dec 19, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
OKM
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm very well aware of this fact. My point was and is that these mines are marked and mathematically mapped.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions