Things weve learned from Legends of the Supes - and questions for the team

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things we've learned from 'Legends of the Supes' - and questions for the team

1) The Jesuits used baling wire for their "booby traps".
1b) Baling wire will cut your head off like a guillotine in a shallow fall.

Question: Why were the Jesuits trying to trap boobies anyway???

2) Placing a handprint in a camp of grown men will make them run like scared schoolgirls.

Question: Why are they making Woody walk along a well worn road when an entourage of vehicles are following them?

3) Any line along a hill in the distance is assumed to be an old Spanish mule trail.

Must be more if anyone can point them out.

V

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
1) The Jesuits used baling wire for their "booby traps".

Those amazing Jesuits... how did they get their hands on something that was invented in 1933? :icon_scratch:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those amazing Jesuits... how did they get their hands on something that was invented in 1933? :icon_scratch:

They found a cave that allowed them to travel in time and got them from the "Black Legion" that was invented in July 2014 right about the time filming started for the show! :laughing7:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I've learned that they know nothing about jesuits.

Jesuits were missionaries and explorers. They explored and mapped. I posted a map made by jesuits in the map thread. They did map mineral rich areas for the spaniards to mine. They were against indian slave labor and convinced spain to outlaw indian slavery. Thats a fact! They did make symbols to make mineral rich areas easier for the spainiards to find when using the jesuit maps. The symbol's were also on the map meaning that the symbols are basically useless if you dont have the map. Their symbols did not include lizard men symbols such as the one shown on the stone with the ladder to heaven or whatever they called it.

They know nothing about the peraltas. Miguel Peralta had general stores in AZ in the 1870's. I posted screen shots of a directory showing that fact. Of course it was ignored as is any fact that goes against what is believed.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They find a old carved latter on a bolder, next segment shows a more modern long wooden ladder hanging down from a cliff side over the Salt river as they cruze it in a motor boat..{ most likely used for some type of government surveys}. Still keeps my interest and I will continue to watch the show.

hooch

Banned
Aug 4, 2008
Ahwatukee
From what I've learned Frank and Woody would be cool to hang out with, even if they haven't changed their clothes with 5 weeks. :)

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They know nothing about the peraltas. Miguel Peralta had general stores in AZ in the 1870's. I posted screen shots of a directory showing that fact. Of course it was ignored as is any fact that goes against what is believed.

I can speak for Wayne when I say we know about Miguel Peralta and his mercantile stores. They just didn't talk about it on the show. I think you'd be really surprised how much knowledge Wayne has about all things LDM, and the history of central AZ.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I can speak for Wayne when I say we know about Miguel Peralta and his mercantile stores. They just didn't talk about it on the show. I think you'd be really surprised how much knowledge Wayne has about all things LDM, and the history of central AZ.

Aha! I had suspected that the "dead Randy Wright" reference was an inside joke!

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What we haven:t learned is were the{ Gonzales Map came from ?},what we know is Ruth got the map from Gonzales. After Ruth got
decaptitated by a animal and his remains scattered about, his hat was found and inside and tucked under the leather sweat band
was a note that said I came, I found, I conquered,{something like that}but the Map turned up missing. So cast members where did
that mysterious person get the map ?, can you tell us?or is it a made up for TV prop.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
If your not aware of the Gonzales map your not doing your homework. It's been out there for years

Frank,

I have, of course, watched from the first episode. Enjoy seeing the mountains again and watching you guys sweat. I have avoided posting about the.....script. Have to admit some of the.....stuff has me smiling.:happysmiley: Ride that horse 'til his legs give out.

Take care,

Joe

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so are the Gonzales mine and the Ruth mine one and the same or 2 seperate mines.{I say 2 seperate }????????

Can the found Gonzales Map, according to Srgt Leader and Tom Kollerhorn lead to who murdered Ruth.???????

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi all don't mean to mess up any current discussions but I have a Question for you all- What units of distance measurement did the Jesuits and Spaniards typically use? I always here folks using feet when referring to the different maps but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me, thanks for steering me straight.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Ok so are the Gonzales mine and the Ruth mine one and the same or 2 seperate mines.{I say 2 seperate }????????

Can the found Gonzales Map, according to Srgt Leader and Tom Kollerhorn lead to who murdered Ruth.???????

Your assuming Ruth was murdered. There you go again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread