Looking for a few manuscripts

40thieves

Mar 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody,

I'll start out by introducing myself and how I got into the LDM before I pop in asking for resources from seasoned hunters. I am a young business owner from Texas, grew up all over the country from Alaska to Hawaii to DC, raised in a family of geologists, and have always had a fascination with geology, as well as an investigative twitch I have never been able to ignore. A few months ago while helping my grandfather clean out some book shelves, i came across "The legend of the Lost Dutchman's Mine" by Charles Huckabay, and "The Sterling Legend" by Estee Conatser. After taking the time to ask him what he knew of the mine and reading the books, I was hooked. I have read just about every book I can find on the topic and am starting to explore the details and information in the various manuscripts.

While i know much of these manuscripts are believed to be misleading and even in some cases blatant forgeries, i would still like to read them. I dont feel there is anything in those scripts that will deter me from where i have already formulated a search area, but i do feel there is the possibilty there may be clues or information applicable in other areas. If someone was going through the hassle of misleading people, it may be possible that they only changed locations and not landmarks, or vica versa. One statement that I personally believe is the most important to this search, is leave no stone unturned.

Getting away from my babble, theories, background... What i am currently reading is as follows

Holmes Mansucript
The Lost Dutchman mine by Sims Ely
Tales of the superstitions: the origins of the lost dutchman mine

What i am looking to obtain are copies of the Barks notes, Gassler Manuscript, and Crazy Jakes Manuscript. I have searched for downloadable or PDF versions of these but havent had any success. So i am at the point that i must ask this community. With the wealth of knowledge i have come to just from prowling these boards and the posts of the life long hunters, i figure yall are the best source to ask.

If anyone on the boards has or can direct me to downloadable versions of the these writings it would be greatly appreciated. I am also more than willing to purchase them from anyone who may have copies they are willing to part with.

Thanks for any and all help, it is greatly appreciated.

Chuck

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Call Greg Davis. His phone number is in the phone book. He lives in Temp, AZ

OP
OP

40thieves

Mar 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you both! The Museum had most of what I was after. Just after those Barks notes now.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey 40Thieves,

Send me your email address, and I will get you the Bark Notes.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions