Peralta Stones / Stone Maps - REPEATED FOR US NEW GUYS..

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure how I feel about you taking one of my posts and reposting it without saying a word to me about it first.

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and then did the same thing with your Mule Train Massacre Thread.

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weeeelllllll............ technically, you could call it plagiarizing.

BB,

I agree that it is a very interesting article. Why did you feel the need to repost it without asking me first?

MIke

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Weeeelllllll............ technically, you could call it plagiarizing.

BB,

I agree that it is a very interesting article. Why did you feel the need to repost it without asking me first?

MIke
I think he was impressed by your effort and excellent work. I would be flattered. Anything that is posted on a public forum is quotable and unfortunately, arguably in the public domain. Still credit should have been given.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal,

I don't doubt that he may well be impressed by my effort and excellent work.........and I will give credit because he did mention my name in one thread. I just don't appreciate my "effort and work" being reproduced without any mention to me. Especially since it is all cut-and-paste. Nothing is even rewritten.

If it was just a quote from a previous post, that is one thing. What we have here is a cut-and-paste job of entire web pages from my website. No credit given.

Mike

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal,

I don't doubt that he may well be impressed by my effort and excellent work.........and I will give credit because he did mention my name in one thread. I just don't appreciate my "effort and work" being reproduced without any mention to me. Especially since it is all cut-and-paste. Nothing is even rewritten.

If it was just a quote from a previous post, that is one thing. What we have here is a cut-and-paste job of entire web pages from my website. No credit given.

Mike
Ya, it was poor form. I have always thought that you should have pulled your ideas together into a publishable work. No doubt it would be right up there with the best of them and the museum would help you make it available for sale.

Perhaps you have something in the works....

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing currently.

I have thought about a book at some point, but that is going to take a long time. tens of thousands of pics and a ton of other stuff. I had originally planned on doing a book, but sit on it until I hit something big. We'll see.

Mike

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Nothing currently.

I have thought about a book at some point, but that is going to take a long time. tens of thousands of pics and a ton of other stuff. I had originally planned on doing a book, but sit on it until I hit something big. We'll see.

Mike

I have this fantasy where a group of people come together and are given 15 minutes to present their individual theory on the stones. For or against. Kinda like Kenworthy did, only no indefinite rambling. Have a panel that asks hard questions and can contribute to each idea. Have an audience and charge them a few bucks with proceeds going to a decent display for the stones. Honestly, they need a museum quality display.

It could be exciting and I think that most people would learn something. I would probably shite myself in front of an audience but I would hop a flight for that. They sell Depends in AZ? Set some basic rules. Some multi-media and refreshments. The panel is the key. Johnston, Feldman, Reinhardt, Kollenborn, Worst, and the list goes on. Let them come up with the hard questions. The winner is the guy (person) who doesn't break down and cry.

I said its a fantasy but it would by great PR for the museum.

Alright, make it happen!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great thought, but very limited audience.

Also, one thing I have found with many of the Old Dutch Hunters is that what they may say in public is not the same thing they say to friends around a campfire. For whatever reason.

Mike

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Great thought, but very limited audience.

Also, one thing I have found with many of the Old Dutch Hunters is that what they may say in public is not the same thing they say to friends around a campfire. For whatever reason.

Mike
You are in LaLa land and speak the lingo. Check the ratings and I bet you that the audience age was on the high end. Snowbirds. And the refreshments will take care of any tight lips. :occasion14:

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gollum's Encyclopedias of treasure Hunting.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
That's just GREAT.
Now Im gonna hafta share the trails with a bunch of geriatrics......:laughing7:

Share the trails? Perhaps the parking lot. Most won't make it that far. And as a Canadian, I think it's legal for you to go around anyone that you might find passed out on the trails or at least step over them.

I am thinking about setting up an oyster bar and malt shop at the trail head. A little Count Basie, foot massage, and an AARP membership drive.

But, I am having a hell of a time with permits.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Share the trails? Perhaps the parking lot. Most won't make it that far. And as a Canadian, I think it's legal for you to go around anyone that you might find passed out on the trails or at least step over them.

I am thinking about setting up an oyster bar and malt shop at the trail head. A little Count Basie, foot massage, and an AARP membership drive.

But, I am having a hell of a time with permits.

I'll bring my fluffy pants, some encyclopedia's of OPI's and some old fart ointment's.
I'll also supply those peppermint fanny wipes for that fresh feeling on the long Dutchman's trail back from the restroom!

So get those permits Hal, I need a decent foot massage!

Happy Trails to you, until we tweet again!

Happy Trails to you, with restrooms now and then!

Jacob Waltz would be proud of the services rendered.

After all, he could use those restrooms for dumping all the bodies of people looking for his mine!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread