Season finale of Superstition Mountains show....

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They aren't bozos - they are just sell-outs to the production company because they were unsuccessful in their ventures in the Superstition Mountains. Have to make all the money they spend on dousing rods and metal detectors back somehow!

I'm Wayne's hiking and research partner, have been for more than 10 years. I can assure you that he is no bozo sell out. There have been many finds, and advances in the research of the LDM, that were never made public. Wayne knows those mountains well, and has literally been hiking them since he was knee high and pooping green. I'd be careful to judge someone based on the appearance of this show only.

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that so called ladder is so old where did the blue paint on it come from. It also looks like its secured by straps. Also this show had to be filmed in a single day. They all wear the same clothes. The retired cop and his old buddy are annoying as all get out. This show is great for the scenery and that's about it.

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To All

Did you watch the show?

Were you entertained?

Then it was a success, if not oh well.

That is what the basis of the show is "Legends" of the Superstitions. Some good entertainment for the masses.

As for the cast, I would back off on the criticism, most of what was put together was by the producers for entertainment and I can assure you that if you met any of the cast in person you would find they are nothing like how they are portrayed.

After all, if you were looking for Gold in the Superstitions would you want your secrets broadcast on T.V.

Last edited:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody goes out wearing and carrying all of that gear. Desert hiking is completely different than anything else and it requires the right gear and know-how. These bozos don't have a clue.

Well, I don't know, but the first 2 episodes I watched I thought they were not carrying enough gear, but hey, they were only going out for a short spin before going back home to sleep! Little school book back packs is what I saw, don't know about the rest of the episodes!

When I go out anywhere, (I been in jungles, I been in deserts, and I been in mountains both wooded and rugged), I ALWAYS carry my old Army LARGE RUCKSACK that I carry all my equipment in, plenty of drinking water, (usually 4 gallons), water purification system, fist aid kit, sleeping bag, tent, at least 4-5 MRE's, (2) 50ft rappelling ropes, climbing and rappelling equipment, carabiners, etc., (not the cheesy store bought brand rope but Army rope), fire starter kit to include steel wool and 9v batteries, 3 flashlights, extra clothes, 2 firearms, (1 pistol and 1 high powered rifle with 100 rounds of ammunition for each), gold pans, picks, hammers, and axes, amongst other stuff I may put in there that comes to mind, (that I hadn't mentioned), on what I may need. My back pack usually starts out at 80lbs with everything I carry and I do it with no problem. Now if I made camp and venture out for a few hours, I will have about 50lbs of gear with me even when just going out prospecting!

I don't know about your first post you made here, but I have opinions about the show like everyone else has about the production of how it went down, but I can probably guess these guys on the show are no dummies just the producers and directors are!

Last edited:

StargazerA

Mar 6, 2015
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch. I have some opinions about the show and all, but as a few others have pointed out, it's a tv show - it's mainly for entertainment.

I'm brand new to this site but have lurked for a while. I didn't come here for this topic - but I'd seen it mentioned that there was a show, so I started watching. Anyway, just from lurking, it's pretty well established that a few of the cast members are active members of this site and participate regularly in discussions. That said, it kinda sucks to see people posting mean comments about the cast members. What we see on tv is a fraction of what they're probably like in person, and they aren't 'real' actors - so we're not going to see Oscar-worthy performances.

Yeah, being on tv means people willl probably form opinions that aren't favorable of you, but considering how active these guys are on this forum, I'm sure they see these opinions, and it probably stings a bit. It's easy to sit in front of a tv and make assumptions about these people, but keep in mind that they are still people.

Just my two cents on that subject.

On another note, I have also wondered about the unchanging wardrobes, and Frank's cigar, etc LOL. Another thing is the helicopters. I don't know anything about tv production, and perhaps there are other ways, but my thoughts are that they had to get those aerial shots somehow!

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Better play nice,a thread was just locked up.
Thats what happens, we sometimes if not always lose some good info in the process.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I don't know, but the first 2 episodes I watched I thought they were not carrying enough gear, but hey, they were only going out for a short spin before going back home to sleep! Little school book back packs is what I saw, don't know about the rest of the episodes!

When I go out anywhere, (I been in jungles, I been in deserts, and I been in mountains both wooded and rugged), I ALWAYS carry my old Army LARGE RUCKSACK that I carry all my equipment in, plenty of drinking water, (usually 4 gallons), water purification system, fist aid kit, sleeping bag, tent, at least 4-5 MRE's, (2) 50ft rappelling ropes, climbing and rappelling equipment, carabiners, etc., (not the cheesy store bought brand rope but Army rope), fire starter kit to include steel wool and 9v batteries, 3 flashlights, extra clothes, 2 firearms, (1 pistol and 1 high powered rifle with 100 rounds of ammunition for each), gold pans, picks, hammers, and axes, amongst other stuff I may put in there that comes to mind, (that I hadn't mentioned), on what I may need. My back back usually starts out at 80lbs with everything I carry and I do it with no problem. Now if I made camp and venture out for a few hours, I will have about 50lbs of gear with me even when just going out prospecting!

I don't know about your first post you made here, but I have opinions about the show like everyone else has about the production of how it went down, but I can probably guess these guys on the show are no dummies just the producers and directors are!

I agree with your pack set-up. Add...one flask.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Randy the photo posted is silver ore from the Silver King mine that I gave him. High grade ore. Does resemble granite. Here is a shot of ore from the Black Diamond mine. That mine is in the mountain behind the Silver ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426652871.633680.jpg King

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh, I apologize. The picture isn't very good, it looks just like plain ole Granite with Mica in it. Carry on :)

Frank I should show u my piece of Silver King ore. It's got the host rock in it too. Small, but nice.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Oh, I apologize. The picture isn't very good, it looks just like plain ole Granite with Mica in it. Carry on :)

Frank I should show u my piece of Silver King ore. It's got the host rock in it too. Small, but nice.

Randy look at this big chunk Orville the care taker gave me ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426655824.555533.jpg

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dammm! That's the biggest piece of Calcopyrite I've seen.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Orville and I hit it off and his dog loves me. That piece is nothing compared to some pieces Jack has stashed away. A lot of gold came out of that mine.

jackrook

Nov 1, 2010
Glendale, Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember the producer posting here awhile back looking for interested partisipants.Seems I remember a cold welcome from us.Now some may know why.

They did the same thing for Oak Island and our members ran the production crew out of here. Bahahahaha

slowest member of WCPR

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I remember the producer posting here awhile back looking for interested partisipants.Seems I remember a cold welcome from us.Now some may know why.

Heck I asked about a good book to read on the subject and got a cold welcome, lol! Can't imagine why it's as bad as it is with all the help I'm sure they received.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jackrook,

The one you are referring to is completely different. When they were looking for people for this, they didn't hit the forums because they had Wayne, some people he told them about, and a couple of places. The one you are referring to hasn't been filmed yet.

Mike

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Guys, these are our friends, they should be respected for their efforts and sgtfda has posted some pretty impressive gold finds on this site. The gold is there, at least pockets of it, Frank has proven that. And the show is entertaining. No matter what they do, it's much better than Here comes Honey Boo Boo. I missed the last episode, can't wait to see it and look forward to next season. So sgtfda, Wayne and the guys, Go for it. i enjoy remembering my own search 40 years ago...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread