Season finale of Superstition Mountains show....

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
prolly modern....and yes

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yep the ole man is too superstitious and needs to ease it down ,they need to dig behind the cross with a pick etc and see what is buried behind the false wall. The old cop is too hiper also. Cant wait to see the last of this probably this fall I hope. shortribs rwdmo

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cave they have "found" is well known as Bat Cave and the ladder reportedly dates from the 40/50's when it was used to gather bat guano for ammo and fertilizer....the USFS took down the lower portion of the ladder in the 90's to help keep people out and from being overcome by the toxic fumes in the cave. Never a mention of a cross, so i think that has been put in just for the show...Also, i would bet that next season they "find" the tunnel/mine/cave just below the ledge they are on and using for getting into the large cave with...also well known to be there with nothing in it...Fun show...but all hype, nothing real..

Last edited:

spummerr

Mar 31, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show is hilarious! What a joke. That old guy is such a dweeb. Can't believe he gets paid to act like a idiot. Hopefully he's acting! Thought he might cry to.
That guy who "Blew out his knee" did pretty good walking on those mountain sides huh?, lol what a joke.
Seasoned treasure hunters didn't know canyons limit radio talk? lol
The black helicopter appeared again, in no fly areas, lol
That show is a disgrace. :laughing7:

bearcat6

Greenie
Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a newbie here and don't know as much as most of you, although I have been reading about the Dutchman for years. I enjoy watching the show just to see that great Arizona scenery. I was stationed at Ft Huachuca in the 1950s and we spent a lot of time messing around the old mines in the Tombstone area. We found a small cave once in the Dragoon mountains that had a cross carved in the stone over the entrance and you could see a hole in the wall that looked like it had once held a torch because the ceiling above it was black with soot. No gold and no treasure but intriguing.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember the producer posting here awhile back looking for interested partisipants.Seems I remember a cold welcome from us.Now some may know why.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey NOLA!! Excluding all the Hype and theories, perhaps the real question should be what would Waltz actually be capable of doing in such a hostile environment and survive, when obtaining his Gold?? With all of their high tech equipment, seems the most important issue would be carrying enough water to survive the trip!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

ILikeGold

Mar 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting show. Entertaining, but yes, as "real" as the Kardashians' talent.

Forgive me if I've missed it elsewhere, but I did see something in the footage from last night. The guys "saw" the rock face, calling it a Devil. Yes, I can see it, with squinted eyes and your head turned sideways it DOES look like a face, but I saw another face that you didn't have to distort to recognize.

After they lost radio contact and moved the boat back out to the river, they were on their way back to the inlet. The camera panned past a narrow ravine. For a few seconds as they go by, a smooth, round face is clear - just about jumps out at you.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a newbie here and don't know as much as most of you, although I have been reading about the Dutchman for years. I enjoy watching the show just to see that great Arizona scenery. I was stationed at Ft Huachuca in the 1950s and we spent a lot of time messing around the old mines in the Tombstone area. We found a small cave once in the Dragoon mountains that had a cross carved in the stone over the entrance and you could see a hole in the wall that looked like it had once held a torch because the ceiling above it was black with soot. No gold and no treasure but intriguing.
=========================================================
ROADTRIP !!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Hit

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Interesting show. Entertaining, but yes, as "real" as the Kardashians' talent.

Forgive me if I've missed it elsewhere, but I did see something in the footage from last night. The guys "saw" the rock face, calling it a Devil. Yes, I can see it, with squinted eyes and your head turned sideways it DOES look like a face, but I saw another face that you didn't have to distort to recognize.

After they lost radio contact and moved the boat back out to the river, they were on their way back to the inlet. The camera panned past a narrow ravine. For a few seconds as they go by, a smooth, round face is clear - just about jumps out at you.

"as real as the Kardashians' talent" Holy bat shite that hurts.

Wow. A once in a lifetime chance to do something big with a great piece of history. The reviews are in. At least here on TNet they are overwhelmingly negative. Thats kinda sad. Lots of damning words like planted, hoax, a fake, hilarious. And the cast took their fair share of criticism. Like I said, you only get one chance.

So, how is this type of disinformation any different than let's say, Corbin's source?
It feels like a double standard.

A word of advice to the those tempted by the lure of Hollywood and the attention of a few million households. Write your story down on paper first. Read it until your eyes dry up and you can repeat it blindfolded. Then have someone edit it who doesn't care about your feelings. Someone intelligent and logical. Then read it again and if you are still convinced, pitch your story to the machine.

It's not easy to tell a great story and sometimes better to not.

Island Maser

Mar 9, 2015
Scottsdale
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show is great for want it is. Entertainment. Great scenery and great for bringing in the tourists. Goldfield and Tortilla flats have been packed since this show has started. My question is how many tourists are going to get
injured or killed going where they have no business going? Going to be 91 today. Getting hot fast and early this year.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
The show is great for want it is. Entertainment. Great scenery and great for bringing in the tourists. Goldfield and Tortilla flats have been packed since this show has started. My question is how many tourists are going to get
injured or killed going where they have no business going? Going to be 91 today. Getting hot fast and early this year.

No different really than the Ruth story and it's impact on driving people into the Superstitions. Now the exposure is misrepresenting things. If someone was following a lead that was represented as fact on the show, and that fact turned out to be a false statement, and that someone where hurt, well, a case could be made against the production company.

For example. Someone climbs that ladder to see a planted cross that was represented as authentic and a archeological relic. Well the ladder snaps, that someone falls and breaks their back. If it could be proven that the producers or any employee planted that cross, and represented it as authentic, there is some liability. And if it was filmed without permit, in the SWA, then it becomes a criminal act under Federal jurisdiction. PAYDAY.

So, a look just might be worth the risk. (Sarcasm )

edit. The bat population is in big trouble in the United States. Think about that before you feel inspired to take a look for yourself. There are literally hundreds of other places to explore.

Last edited:

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The whole show is annoying. The old guy with the beard "Woody" needs to have a better script writer. A couple episode's ago the group was walking through the desert and Woody has a blonde moment and as he looks around, he declares "we are in Indian country!" Hello, earth to Woody! Your already in Indian country! The whole lead up to the show is about the Apache's killing any thing that moves and the so called "Black Hand Legend". The "bat cave" is in a canyon called of all things "Crucifix Canyon". Google it, some guy posted pic's Crucifix Canyon Photoset ? Vaporman ? 2010-12-18 ? Page #2 ? HikeArizona.COM of his hike to the base of the cave. He did not make it all the way up the ladder but the name of the Canyon should give us a clue that someone has seen the cross long before this show came out. If it even is there. Now if I had risked life and limb climbing up that ladder and found a cross on the wall that sucker would have been in my back pack even if I had to gnawed it off the wall with my teeth. And if nothing else I would have tested it, even if I just scratched it with my knife it to see if it was gold or silver. They didn't even do that. I am surprised that the U.S. Forest Circus (Forest Service for the politically correct) have not torn the ladder off the wall completely to protect us from ourselves.

spummerr

Mar 31, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show wouldn't be on next season if they take the ladder down. I read Woody try's to climb the ladder & the Black Helicopter sends a missle his way! LOL

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
The whole show is annoying. The old guy with the beard "Woody" needs to have a better script writer. A couple episode's ago the group was walking through the desert and Woody has a blonde moment and as he looks around, he declares "we are in Indian country!" Hello, earth to Woody! Your already in Indian country! The whole lead up to the show is about the Apache's killing any thing that moves and the so called "Black Hand Legend". The "bat cave" is in a canyon called of all things "Crucifix Canyon". Google it, some guy posted pic's Crucifix Canyon Photoset ? Vaporman ? 2010-12-18 ? Page #2 ? HikeArizona.COM of his hike to the base of the cave. He did not make it all the way up the ladder but the name of the Canyon should give us a clue that someone has seen the cross long before this show came out. If it even is there. Now if I had risked life and limb climbing up that ladder and found a cross on the wall that sucker would have been in my back pack even if I had to gnawed it off the wall with my teeth. And if nothing else I would have tested it, even if I just scratched it with my knife it to see if it was gold or silver. They didn't even do that. I am surprised that the U.S. Forest Circus (Forest Service for the politically correct) have not torn the ladder off the wall completely to protect us from ourselves.

Not a Forest Service fan I take it.

Anyway, these guys are about to experience what Herny Hill called "the bad time". Go easy on the cast. It's the production company that should be taking the blows.

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Reading through the posts, most opinions are critical of the show and the featured five. What I realize though is, positive or negative, we are watching the show, mission accomplished by History Channel, to get us to watch it...after that they care less what we think LOL. Payday for them!

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What got me on the first 2 episodes and the commercial premiers of the other episodes was Frank, (no offense), but he sounds just like Jack Hoffman of Gold Rush with his little squeaky mouse voice! Could they be related?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread