Season finale of Superstition Mountains show....
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: Season finale of Superstition Mountains show....

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro...I am a wealth of mostly trivial information.....

Jan 2011
    Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
    Garrett Ace 350 and Propointer
    3775 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Season finale of Superstition Mountains show....

Just wondered what everyones thoughts on the "Jesuit Cross" are, and if anyone other than me thinks the old guy with the beard is annoying
    BagLady and fatman45 like this.
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

I collect military relics, mainly German and American, but interested in others as well, pre 1945 .. Always interested in adding to my collection

some of my antique photo collection : http://forgottonimages.tumblr.com/

us
    we exist,and we are watching you

Nov 2011
    so.cal.mtns.
    garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
    3403 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    prolly modern....and yes
    NOLA_Ken likes this.
    I dont care which machine you use...you're gonna dig trash.
    an extra thousand bucks aint gonna solve that.

us
    Jul 2011
    SW Mo
    Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
    30 times
    Cache Hunting
    Yep the ole man is too superstitious and needs to ease it down ,they need to dig behind the cross with a pick etc and see what is buried behind the false wall. The old cop is too hiper also. Cant wait to see the last of this probably this fall I hope. shortribs rwdmo
    NOLA_Ken and Gold Maven like this.

Mar 2015
    367 times
    The cave they have "found" is well known as Bat Cave and the ladder reportedly dates from the 40/50's when it was used to gather bat guano for ammo and fertilizer....the USFS took down the lower portion of the ladder in the 90's to help keep people out and from being overcome by the toxic fumes in the cave. Never a mention of a cross, so i think that has been put in just for the show...Also, i would bet that next season they "find" the tunnel/mine/cave just below the ledge they are on and using for getting into the large cave with...also well known to be there with nothing in it...Fun show...but all hype, nothing real..
    Last edited by Roadhse2; Mar 15, 2015 at 11:21 PM.

Mar 2014
    55 times
    The show is hilarious! What a joke. That old guy is such a dweeb. Can't believe he gets paid to act like a idiot. Hopefully he's acting! Thought he might cry to.
    That guy who "Blew out his knee" did pretty good walking on those mountain sides huh?, lol what a joke.
    Seasoned treasure hunters didn't know canyons limit radio talk? lol
    The black helicopter appeared again, in no fly areas, lol
    That show is a disgrace.

us
    Mar 2015
    Mississippi
    cheap
    617 times
    wait...it's NOT REAL ... ...
    fatman45 likes this.

Mar 2015
    19 times
    I'm a newbie here and don't know as much as most of you, although I have been reading about the Dutchman for years. I enjoy watching the show just to see that great Arizona scenery. I was stationed at Ft Huachuca in the 1950s and we spent a lot of time messing around the old mines in the Tombstone area. We found a small cave once in the Dragoon mountains that had a cross carved in the stone over the entrance and you could see a hole in the wall that looked like it had once held a torch because the ceiling above it was black with soot. No gold and no treasure but intriguing.
    Keppy, Hitndahed, austin and 2 others like this.

Feb 2013
    Longview, Texas
    1941 times
    Did the Jesuits invent Barbed wire?
    UncleMatt and TheHarleyMan2 like this.

us
    we exist,and we are watching you

Nov 2011
    so.cal.mtns.
    garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
    3403 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I remember the producer posting here awhile back looking for interested partisipants.Seems I remember a cold welcome from us.Now some may know why.
    fowledup likes this.
    I dont care which machine you use...you're gonna dig trash.
    an extra thousand bucks aint gonna solve that.

us
    VERDE

Jun 2013
    Louisiana
    AT Pro
    710 times
    Hey NOLA!! Excluding all the Hype and theories, perhaps the real question should be what would Waltz actually be capable of doing in such a hostile environment and survive, when obtaining his Gold?? With all of their high tech equipment, seems the most important issue would be carrying enough water to survive the trip!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!
    cactusjumper and Tnmountains like this.

Mar 2015
    1 times
    Interesting show. Entertaining, but yes, as "real" as the Kardashians' talent.

Forgive me if I've missed it elsewhere, but I did see something in the footage from last night. The guys "saw" the rock face, calling it a Devil. Yes, I can see it, with squinted eyes and your head turned sideways it DOES look like a face, but I saw another face that you didn't have to distort to recognize.

After they lost radio contact and moved the boat back out to the river, they were on their way back to the inlet. The camera panned past a narrow ravine. For a few seconds as they go by, a smooth, round face is clear - just about jumps out at you.
    Goconfigureit likes this.

us
    Dec 2014
    Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
    Fisher CZ7 Pro
    869 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcat6 View Post
    I'm a newbie here and don't know as much as most of you, although I have been reading about the Dutchman for years. I enjoy watching the show just to see that great Arizona scenery. I was stationed at Ft Huachuca in the 1950s and we spent a lot of time messing around the old mines in the Tombstone area. We found a small cave once in the Dragoon mountains that had a cross carved in the stone over the entrance and you could see a hole in the wall that looked like it had once held a torch because the ceiling above it was black with soot. No gold and no treasure but intriguing.
    ================================================== =======
    ROADTRIP !!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Hit
    bearcat6 likes this.

us
    Sep 2010
    2593 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ILikeGold View Post
    Interesting show. Entertaining, but yes, as "real" as the Kardashians' talent.

Forgive me if I've missed it elsewhere, but I did see something in the footage from last night. The guys "saw" the rock face, calling it a Devil. Yes, I can see it, with squinted eyes and your head turned sideways it DOES look like a face, but I saw another face that you didn't have to distort to recognize.

After they lost radio contact and moved the boat back out to the river, they were on their way back to the inlet. The camera panned past a narrow ravine. For a few seconds as they go by, a smooth, round face is clear - just about jumps out at you.

"as real as the Kardashians' talent" Holy bat shite that hurts.

Wow. A once in a lifetime chance to do something big with a great piece of history. The reviews are in. At least here on TNet they are overwhelmingly negative. Thats kinda sad. Lots of damning words like planted, hoax, a fake, hilarious. And the cast took their fair share of criticism. Like I said, you only get one chance.

So, how is this type of disinformation any different than let's say, Corbin's source?
    It feels like a double standard.

A word of advice to the those tempted by the lure of Hollywood and the attention of a few million households. Write your story down on paper first. Read it until your eyes dry up and you can repeat it blindfolded. Then have someone edit it who doesn't care about your feelings. Someone intelligent and logical. Then read it again and if you are still convinced, pitch your story to the machine.

It's not easy to tell a great story and sometimes better to not.

us
    Greenhorn

Mar 2015
    Scottsdale
    22 times
    The show is great for want it is. Entertainment. Great scenery and great for bringing in the tourists. Goldfield and Tortilla flats have been packed since this show has started. My question is how many tourists are going to get
    injured or killed going where they have no business going? Going to be 91 today. Getting hot fast and early this year.

us
    Sep 2010
    2593 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Island Maser View Post
    The show is great for want it is. Entertainment. Great scenery and great for bringing in the tourists. Goldfield and Tortilla flats have been packed since this show has started. My question is how many tourists are going to get
    injured or killed going where they have no business going? Going to be 91 today. Getting hot fast and early this year.
    No different really than the Ruth story and it's impact on driving people into the Superstitions. Now the exposure is misrepresenting things. If someone was following a lead that was represented as fact on the show, and that fact turned out to be a false statement, and that someone where hurt, well, a case could be made against the production company.

For example. Someone climbs that ladder to see a planted cross that was represented as authentic and a archeological relic. Well the ladder snaps, that someone falls and breaks their back. If it could be proven that the producers or any employee planted that cross, and represented it as authentic, there is some liability. And if it was filmed without permit, in the SWA, then it becomes a criminal act under Federal jurisdiction. PAYDAY.

So, a look just might be worth the risk. (Sarcasm )

edit. The bat population is in big trouble in the United States. Think about that before you feel inspired to take a look for yourself. There are literally hundreds of other places to explore.
    Last edited by Hal Croves; Mar 16, 2015 at 05:05 PM.
    TheHarleyMan2 likes this.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links