Video - Debunking Legend of the Superstition Mountains Series

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FS did not construct the ladder. I think there is some confusion as to why Bill left that note (my opinion is that it wasn't addressed to the original builder of the ladder, but to a recent user who had left climbing rope on it) and I think it was because he was interested in the population number of the bat colony as he had been taking counts, and mentioned that in the space of a decade it had gone down from 40,000 to 4,000.

It would be interesting to know who built that ladder and for what purpose.

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video, you hit the nail on the head by retracing the steps of the people in the series. You put my suspicions into prospective. Yeah I watch other reality shows and I don't care if Shelby Stanga wreaks his boat every other episode...or if Greg Chapman runs his boat over Gator Dan at least twice a season .......I am not a logger. Whether this show about Dutch Hunters was a scripted or unscripted the "acting" showed treasure hunters as being scared of their own shadows and being able to be duped by fake signs. It has been a long time since I prospected in the Superstitions but when I did I didn't go in there thinking that an Apache was going to jump out from behind a rock to take my scalp nor did I feel that I was being watched by anyone or anything other then the snakes and scorpions. Yes a lot of people have supposedly died in the area, I say supposedly because one individual that allegedly disappeared in the Superstitions in 1952 was Joe Kelly from Ohio. Joe Kelly was still alive and well in the 1990's when I met him near a hard rock claim I was working. We became friends and prospected for Spanish Arrastra's in Arizona, on several occasions he went to tend the dredge for me on my placer claim in California. He had all his maps and several nice ore samples from his days in the Superstitions and he would share his stories as we sit around a camp fire. Joe disappeared from the Superstitions all right, he just walked away when his luck ran out. Joe has since passed on and is buried in the desert he loved so much but I do believe that he was who he said he was.

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes that's me. I will send you a pm about kokweef when I get a minute

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video, you hit the nail on the head by retracing the steps of the people in the series. You put my suspicions into prospective. Yeah I watch other reality shows and I don't care if Shelby Stanga wreaks his boat every other episode...or if Greg Chapman runs his boat over Gator Dan at least twice a season .......I am not a logger. Whether this show about Dutch Hunters was a scripted or unscripted the "acting" showed treasure hunters as being scared of their own shadows and being able to be duped by fake signs. It has been a long time since I prospected in the Superstitions but when I did I didn't go in there thinking that an Apache was going to jump out from behind a rock to take my scalp nor did I feel that I was being watched by anyone or anything other then the snakes and scorpions. Yes a lot of people have supposedly died in the area, I say supposedly because one individual that allegedly disappeared in the Superstitions in 1952 was Joe Kelly from Ohio. Joe Kelly was still alive and well in the 1990's when I met him near a hard rock claim I was working. We became friends and prospected for Spanish Arrastra's in Arizona, on several occasions he went to tend the dredge for me on my placer claim in California. He had all his maps and several nice ore samples from his days in the Superstitions and he would share his stories as we sit around a camp fire. Joe disappeared from the Superstitions all right, he just walked away when his luck ran out. Joe has since passed on and is buried in the desert he loved so much but I do believe that he was who he said he was.

Great story and Thank you very much for sharing. I've read many stories mentioning your name. I would love to hear/read more about your adventures. I'm not a prospector, but love to metal detect. Never held a pan in my life to swirl around and look for gold ( I have no idea what the proper term for that is...no disrespect in any way). I enjoy the knowledge of others that share their theories along with stories. I look forward to reading more from you. Thanks Again for sharing!
~Tina

OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq & Vaquero

Leupold BX-3 Mojave & RX1200i Rangefinder
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Roll, got any gravy?

I just started working out myself after a year and half hiatus from loosing a foot. I'm working out six days a week. I have my own professional Gym in my Basement. (Can Crusher)

I'm thinking about another hike up there. Only did it once at a 120 heat never again!

I want to hike about five miles in and back from Canyon Lake. I think I may have spotted something with satellite images that looks like a back filled trench or pit.... could be an old outhouse.

I suppose it could be hiked at night much cooler then.

I'd like to make another Video of two guys lost in the sups after dark being shot at finding bat poop and arrow heads!

We could film the spirit of the old Dutchman jumping out from the outcrops scaring the PaJesus out of us saying "Boo, BOOOOOO"!!! (Pun, GoGoLucky)

Just kiddin, I'd like to make some Video if you'd like some help I have some experience filming, editing and making fake back ground noises like an old Dutchman farting on his death bed. "Julia! Boooooooopp...creeeeeeekkk boooop" "Riney! shoooocoppadoop!!"

It could be a comedy about the Legends of Sups just like the first one. You could play Wayne and I could be Frank and we could both get into a spat flinging Guano at each other and yelling "I found it, I found it at last I found it"!!!!!!!!!!

Just to find out it was "Fools Guano"!

Chowser

You're such a comedian that 9/10x I can't tell if you are serious or kidding.

Assuming its true - you'd be my new hero to do 5 miles missing a foot and an eye. (Im pretty sure the joke is on me though)

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and Thank you very much for sharing. I've read many stories mentioning your name. I would love to hear/read more about your adventures. I'm not a prospector, but love to metal detect. Never held a pan in my life to swirl around and look for gold ( I have no idea what the proper term for that is...no disrespect in any way). I enjoy the knowledge of others that share their theories along with stories. I look forward to reading more from you. Thanks Again for sharing!
~Tina

And Thank You for the nice comment.......

OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
It's half true.

I can Hike the five miles and I did crush my ankle 1/2014 but it's all better now so I work out in my professional gym down stairs in my basement. I have five pieces of equipment. A soft impact treadmill with a built in TV, one of those multi-gyms that is good for upper body and arms, a strictly lower back machine as my neck has been fused and reverse sit ups are a B, a lying down abdominal machine for sit ups stomach area, an upper leg machine for muscles around the leg's and waste line, an upper pull back machine for my upper back area. I bought three of those from a professional Gym that went under in 2009.

My Eye is OK though but when hiking I wear a patch for spotting Snipe (Just Kidding there) both Eyes work fine. I don't know if I could make it that far not enough training yet give it a few more weeks for me to lose some weight.

What I was thinking is you and I filming the symbols on this mountain down here in time lapse thus putting together a cohesive display during the Metamorphosis of these stone map Lunar symbols and highway signs?

Anyway, Thanks

Best

Wait what? Now the highway signs are masonic symbols too!?

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1140468 This is a Masonic Vault......found in Smuggler's Notch by me this year, I have yet to let loose the door slab that is blocking the entrance to the vault inside the Keyhole shaped door, and waiting to make some noise this spring with a film crew and news there too. Will be a huge crash letting it slide out so we can go explore the trove there.

This BTW is the final resting place of the Henry IV trove set into the hills of the notch by Samuel Champlain himself on the "Special Mission for the King", that Nicolas Poussin, David Teniers, and Rosicrucians led by Bacon and King James set into motion to hide the relics from the old Temple in New France. There is a map sequence hidden in paintings, and a series of coded cyphers in the Works of Shakespeare to be riddled for answers.....to find the Sublime Prince, to begin the Kingdom again under the guidance of Freemason's and not the Jesuits....these were set into Nova Scotia areas, and the final set into the Notch in Vermont

I am only telling you this because you seemed to be very in touch with the duck symbol....which isalso seen in this outline, and on Oak ISland's outline as well....so not everyone thinks quack.....they jsut cant see your derived directions from the symbols that are obvious to me...

As is stands...the door is a good 20' tall and the unfinished pyramid can be seen there in the shape of the outline, with the compass and square surrounding it, roughly carved, you can see the mining tailings below the Keyhole Opening

I am hoping for a case of some of that good old Bootleg Whiskey,

but you know its going to be the Holy Grail........just my luck

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1140468 This is a Masonic Vault......found in Smuggler's Notch by me this year, I have yet to let loose the door slab that is blocking the entrance to the vault inside the Keyhole shaped door, and waiting to make some noise this spring with a film crew and news there too. Will be a huge crash letting it slide out so we can go explore the trove there.

This BTW is the final resting place of the Henry IV trove set into the hills of the notch by Samuel Champlain himself on the "Special Mission for the King", that Nicolas Poussin, David Teniers, and Rosicrucians led by Bacon and King James set into motion to hide the relics from the old Temple in New France. There is a map sequence hidden in paintings, and a series of coded cyphers in the Works of Shakespeare to be riddled for answers.....to find the Sublime Prince, to begin the Kingdom again under the guidance of Freemason's and not the Jesuits....these were set into Nova Scotia areas, and the final set into the Notch in Vermont

I am only telling you this because you seemed to be very in touch with the duck symbol....which isalso seen in this outline, and on Oak ISland's outline as well....so not everyone thinks quack.....they jsut cant see your derived directions from the symbols that are obvious to me...

As is stands...the door is a good 20' tall and the unfinished pyramid can be seen there in the shape of the outline, with the compass and square surrounding it, roughly carved, you can see the mining tailings below the Keyhole Opening

Assuming that you are serious, why would you want a film crew there when you open this?

Perhaps you are just joking, I get it......found a trove......walked away, probably come back later......go public......lose it.

I get it, very funny.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait what? Now the highway signs are masonic symbols too!?

Ryan, if you post stuff on T-net, expect to see people attributing all kinds of things to what you and others post in threads. People see what they want to see here.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Assuming that you are serious, why would you want a film crew there when you open this?

Perhaps you are just joking, I get it......found a trove......walked away, probably come back later......go public......lose it.

I get it, very funny.

Unfortunately, all too often here people are dead serious with these kinds of claims....

OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Question:

How long is "too" long for my next video. I am looking at the Analytics on YouTube and the video isn't being watched until the end - only about 80% then people are turning it off.

Is 10 mins a better time "commitment" than 15? Let me know your thoughts.

On the flip side, the video has already made it all around the world, check out the stats.

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 7.48.29 AM.png

Somecaver

Greenie
Mar 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The longer the better Ryan! That's just me, I like watching longer YouTube videos, especially if they are done in such a way that they keep my attention and are interesting, and yours are!

Hank

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Eldo,

Is that a big heart below the opening?

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question:

How long is "too" long for my next video. I am looking at the Analytics on YouTube and the video isn't being watched until the end - only about 80% then people are turning it off.

Is 10 mins a better time "commitment" than 15? Let me know your thoughts.

On the flip side, the video has already made it all around the world, check out the stats.

View attachment 1140512

My opinion Ryan with Captivating people's attention is 4-6 minutes, however, we want to see what you have discovered! Just do it the way you want to do it!

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any opinions on these 2 glyphs? Clearly there seems to be some vandals that have tried to carve around them - but the "sunburst" and "alien" looking glyphs looks to be more.....authentic.

Took this shot in the Superstition Wilderness area a few days ago.

View attachment 1140929

Looks like the Union is after you.......the Black Hand of the Entertainment Industry painted their mark on your trail.......

LOL

Local 336 Phoenix Rocks

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ryan
With proper title you can get people to around 4 minutes but at that point you have to peek interest again. If you can pull of 10 minutes of entertainment you have a successful clip. I learned this when doing our video service documentations. Funny thing as you well know you can put in days to get 10 solid minutes.
If I was any where close I would make the trip with you and rope up to film all the bat crap. I wished I had of shot video when in a section of cave called hardship circle and thousand of bats were coming out and..the only way out was where I was. Amazing how they could dodge you in such a small space. It was mesmerizing in the beam of light as they flew past your face laying on your belly. I may go back and shoot a video for fun.
My guess though is the cave is a waste of time unless you wish to harvest guano.
Our bat populations are dropping to WNS syndrome and we are monitoring it hard. Could be the same there for the loss in your bats. I have bat boxes on my property. I live in the cave belt of the south and have done almost every cave here at one time or another. Our treasures are not in caves but in sink holes.....

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eldo,

Is that a big heart below the opening?

Its a cut section of rock that was made into a zig zagging trail to traverese to the entrance

Its a good 30-40 feet off the ground and the approach is via a slanting ridge that diagonals up the right, where you have to get there via the ledges carved......very scary and there is a slab inside to take everyone out if tampered with....Obviously, nobody believes me until it kills me in the process, but I didnt get close enough yet.

Also the location was derived from this David Tenier painting, a part of the Rosicrucian Era Mystery of the Beloved, comissioned by Bacon and delivered by Champlain on the orders of Henry IV and King James I

View attachment 1140930 In it you can clearly make out the silouette of a cave and the outline of the state of vermont, seen by champlain in his expedition to the areas by the outlines of the lake and the conneticut river. The marker, or starting point, is this triangle with the hole in it.

View attachment 1140931

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread