• NO - this is NOT the LDM

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't pass up oz's of gold. At least I don't. You hit a hot spot you work it. All this takes time. Gold is gold. You can dry pan with a gold pan. There is a good video on YouTube showing you how. I use a Garret supersluice pan for dry panning

Franks right. The thing that's not being told here is where and how. During floods and erosion over decades or centuries the gold gets washed down from it's source and scattered over a vast area. The only thing that stops this process is the glue that grabs gold and holds it. That glue is certain types of clay. When you dry wash an area searching for gold you only go down to the clay level of the landscape. Then you scrape the clay at that level. Usually only about 6-12 inches deep. Gold concentrates in may ways but this is the method for dry washing I was taught by the old timers in my club. And I've found quite a lot of gold using this method. Gold in stream beds are a different animal. Streams are hard to predict. The best method for prospecting a stream I've found is simply panning every 50 feet or so and looking for "Colors". With stream gold being scattered by floods it usually isn't to far from the source whether it be a mine an old arrastra site or placer. I look for black sand layers in the sides of the streams or places where the stream fans out level.

But gold is where you find it.

Also for as much work as it takes sometimes to get gold the metal itself is lazy. It takes the paths of least resistance like the center of a stream or the inside corners. That's heavy stream gold. Flood gold is different. I've found flood gold embedded in rock outcrops. In the side of the banks with my gold bug 2.
And also on the outside swing of a curve. Flood gold has a hard time stopping it's usually flat shaped so the water moves it easy and it drops into the bed rock banks with out effort.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As said,maybe using a pan to find a likely spot,then drywash the area,then move upstream.
Rinse and repeat.
Never found the vein.
If my mine where in the East,I would tell everyone in the it was in the West end.
What if Waltz was also Wagoneer using a separate name. To throw people off.
I read,no proof,that once wagoneer was getting on the stage a Whitlow stop,no room on the coach,handed his bag to the driver who dropped it between his legs and the driver said in the frontier home it sounded like a bag of rocks, and was extremely heavy.More than just rocks.

Matt , don't run so fast .

From the ore description , Wagoner's mine could be the Waltz's golden ledge , but I believe it is not . Also are the same type of vein .
The rich mineral veins run in lines over the Superstition in a N-NW to S-SE direction . The west side of this " rainbow " is rich in gold with a little percent of silver , and the east side is rich in silver with little percent of gold .
I believe the Wagoner's mine , LDM and some other Peralta's gold mines are in the same line .
Another rich in gold line , is from Tortilla Mountain to La Barge Mountain , where some spots were described by Jim Bark in his map

Bark.gif

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
And with no claim established and in a low area you can not see around you ,with a suspicion of what direction gold came from,would a long time prospector with found mines under his belt risk someone finding his work and jumping ahead of him as he pans fines?
Too, maybe he had had enough of panning. Had enough places to work small stuff and just wanted to find another decent vein. One for keeping this time. And for keeping secret.
Competition kept at bay by keeping a pat hand and letting no one know. Filing a claim would result in people knowing.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! That is one of the most accurate maps I've seen so far regarding where the LDM might be. Sure beats the heck out of those stone maps don't it? :thumbsup:

Like I wrote in my previous post , I believe LDM is in another " line " . But if you believe how is in Bark's " line " , I respect your opinion .
And , I believe also how the stone maps are accurate , enough to know in what colour of the " rainbow " belong .

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Like I wrote in my previous post , I believe LDM is in another " line " . But if you believe how is in Bark's " line " , I respect your opinion .
And , I believe also how the stone maps are accurate , enough to know in what colour of the " rainbow " belong .
The only way a person would really know how accurate the maps are is by how the shadows appear over the landscape. Once the shadows are interpreted and triangulated, then the cactus underlaying the shadows should point the way to the mine. Just my guess. :dontknow:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only way a person would really know how accurate the maps are is by how the shadows appear over the landscape. Once the shadows are interpreted and triangulated, then the cactus underlaying the shadows should point the way to the mine. Just my guess. :dontknow:

The landscape is on the tablets . Not shadows and cactus needed . Just my guess too .

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I thank you for it.

------

talk about an information bomb....
----------
Wow, 1888 to 2013?
A little late to be Mexican don't you think? I will have to pass on the assignment and ask someone else for insight unless there is something specific you want me to read. I am guessing not.
Anyway, thank you for the effort.

Hal,

Next time ask for the Dutchman Librarian you'll get out of your assignment and still get an "A" for effort.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who would that be?

Whomever you want to designate as your direct supplier of higher knowledge.

Just don't ask me.

My Library stinks it reads all wrong! It has bogus fictional books telling me things that happened in the Superstitions that never happened confusing my ego and leading me astray..

I lost my Dutchman Library card long ago to and owe for overdue treasure hunting Books.

About two pounds of ore I believe...

The last Librarian I ran into there was brutal!
I was being to loud and she hit me on the knuckles with a 3 pound miners pick!

Now I have "pickers wobble".

Every time I try using that hand for anything it slaps me down.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Whomever you want to designate as your direct supplier of higher knowledge.

Just don't ask me.

My Library stinks it reads all wrong! It has bogus fictional books telling me things that happened in the Superstitions that never happened confusing my ego and leading me astray..

I lost my Dutchman Library card long ago to and owe for overdue treasure hunting Books.

About two pounds of ore I believe...

The last Librarian I ran into there was brutal!
I was being to loud and she hit me on the knuckles with a 3 pound miners pick!

Now I have "pickers wobble".

Every time I try using that hand for anything it slaps me down.

I would have to say that it's not one person. There are many intelligent and seasoned individuals here that keep the light burning.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to say that it's not one person. There are many intelligent and seasoned individuals here that keep the light burning.

I thought it was you Hal.

You light is burning all the time!

So we have a Library of intelligent and Individuals doing ongoing history on Jacob the delirious death bed murderous lying stealing thug.
Big deal so what?
Jeffery Dalmer needs attention....
Maybe Mr Dalmer had a lost stash of gold teeth from his stew of human body parts we can investigate?
See my point there is no reason to investigate a murderer and tourist attraction. Just pay for the tour and tip the guide lets go home now no Dutchman mine here he was a dying old heathen with pneumonia delirious and penitent. It probably never happened at all. At his deathbed one was drunk one paid no attention and one could care less. No story there just a made up story to sell maps.
And so with the passing of the Dutchman we can all go home now he was nothing let him rest in hell. So lets find out? Where do you think he is right now? Did the Dutchman go to heaven or hell? I think it was hell. Look at his track record he's done better than old Jimmy Jones and his cult. 250 + original 7 or was it ten? All dead by his mouth passed on by surrogate's or not! I think the Peralta Stone's have more to say then Jacob ever could! There is no Dutchman mine never was.

If anyone ever finds anything it will be from those Stone Maps not the tall tale of a three people with an agenda.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
I thought it was you Hal.

You light is burning all the time!

So we have a Library of intelligent and Individuals doing ongoing history on Jacob the delirious death bed murderous lying stealing thug.
Big deal so what?
Jeffery Dalmer needs attention....
Maybe Mr Dalmer had a lost stash of gold teeth from his stew of human body parts we can investigate?
See my point there is no reason to investigate a murderer and tourist attraction. Just pay for the tour and tip the guide lets go home now no Dutchman mine here he was a dying old heathen with pneumonia delirious and penitent. It probably never happened at all. At his deathbed one was drunk one paid no attention and one could care less. No story there just a made up story to sell maps.
And so with the passing of the Dutchman we can all go home now he was nothing let him rest in hell. So lets find out? Where do you think he is right now? Did the Dutchman go to heaven or hell? I think it was hell. Look at his track record he's done better than old Jimmy Jones and his cult. 250 + original 7 or was it ten? All dead by his mouth passed on by surrogate's or not! I think the Peralta Stone's have more to say then Jacob ever could! There is no Dutchman mine never was.

If anyone ever finds anything it will be from those Stone Maps not the tall tale of a three people with an agenda.

Are you serious there Bill? Lets take those points one at a time. Can you prove that assertion that Waltz was a mass murderer? Thanks in advance.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you serious there Bill? Lets take those points one at a time. Can you prove that assertion that Waltz was a mass murderer? Thanks in advance.

I guess if you believe Julia and friends then he was but if you don't how can you believe the gold mine story?

Catch 22.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill

You wrote : " There is no Dutchman mine never was. "

If you don't want to call it " Dutchman " , you can call it " Peralta " , " Apache " or " Joe Ribaudo " :tongue3:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
I guess if you believe Julia and friends then he was but if you don't how can you believe the gold mine story?

Catch 22.

So to you, Julia, Reiney and Dick Holmes spoke either ALL truth, or ALL lies? Certainly you are sharp enough to realize that one of the best methods of confusing someone, or conceal something, is to mix lies in with truth. The person(s) you are trying to confuse then in checking your story, find some parts are true, and then make the assumption that it must be all true. That mixing is still going on.

I have to respectfully disagree, there is no supporting evidence that Waltz was a mass murderer, greedy etc. In fact he gave up his own gold "emergency fund" just to help out a friend in financial trouble. How many mass murderers do that? He may well have killed to protect himself and the mine, but not necessarily in murders. It is not always murder to kill someone trying to rob and perhaps kill you.

This is getting way off topic. Let's get your next video up here RG1976, we are looking forward to it and my apologies for the off topic stuff.
Oroblanco

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So to you, Julia, Reiney and Dick Holmes spoke either ALL truth, or ALL lies? Certainly you are sharp enough to realize that one of the best methods of confusing someone, or conceal something, is to mix lies in with truth. The person(s) you are trying to confuse then in checking your story, find some parts are true, and then make the assumption that it must be all true. That mixing is still going on.

I have to respectfully disagree, there is no supporting evidence that Waltz was a mass murderer, greedy etc. In fact he gave up his own gold "emergency fund" just to help out a friend in financial trouble. How many mass murderers do that? He may well have killed to protect himself and the mine, but not necessarily in murders. It is not always murder to kill someone trying to rob and perhaps kill you.

This is getting way off topic. Let's get your next video up here RG1976, we are looking forward to it and my apologies for the off topic stuff.
Oroblanco

Oroblanco, Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive, anyway.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree it is getting way off topic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread