Where do you think the Lost Dutchman mine is?

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oroblanco, :coffee2: Amigo.
If waltz really wanted Julia to find his mine,or what ever he had,he would have given her straight forward instructions. go back to every thing Julia said,
not anyone else. Julia in all her stories has the closest thing to a key in helping solve this. not anyone else. who knows maybe in the long run it was
nothing more than the gold under his bed.remember,If you believe in this hard enough,stick with the first person involved,that's the closest thing to real
instructions you will ever get,If there was any at all.let the Spirit guide you.NP:cat:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
If waltz really wanted Julia to find his mine,or what ever he had,he would have given her straight forward instructions. go back to every thing Julia said,
not anyone else. Julia in all her stories has the closest thing to a key in helping solve this. not anyone else. who knows maybe in the long run it was
nothing more than the gold under his bed.remember,If you believe in this hard enough,stick with the first person involved,that's the closest thing to real
instructions you will ever get,If there was any at all.let the Spirit guide you.NP:cat:

The gold under Waltz's bed, had to come from a mine somewhere. Julia tried to find the mine and cache and failed, which indicates there could be something radically wrong with her directions OR her MEMORY of them.

Culinary Caveman wrote
Didn't Julia have a tunnel or hole drilled into the base of Weaver's needle?

• I think you are referring to Celeste Jones, she blasted away at Weavers Needle, and if memory serves had an ivory cross she felt was directly related to the mine somehow.

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
As you already know with my limited knowledge myou 2 cents worth are placed on the upper reaches and west side of Fish Creek.

That is a danged good guess IMHO, I sure HOPE it is NOT there though. There is gold in the creek, and mines in the upper reaches of the drainage but holy cow getting in and out - yikes!

For the folks who don't know what we are talking about -

Fish Creek, Superstition Mountains, Arizona
check out the photos of the canyon, very pretty but a good place to break a leg.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Rhinehart's description of the Waltz ore. Gold nuggets some of a good size. Most of the gold ore was white Quartz with tiny little nuggets and flakes imbedded in the Quartz.
That description does not match the gold in the matchbox.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rhinehart's description of the Waltz ore. Gold nuggets some of a good size. Most of the gold ore was white Quartz with tiny little nuggets and flakes imbedded in the Quartz.
That description does not match the gold in the matchbox.

What I have read also was quartz with embedded gold maybe the size of peas.
From small flakes and specs. Up to the size of peas.
Similar looking like a robins egg.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you are referring to Celeste Jones, she blasted away at Weavers Needle, and if memory serves had an ivory cross she felt was directly related to the mine somehow.

Roy, you are thinking of the alabaster cross that Jones claimed to have seen on Weaver's Needle, and this has never been corroborated.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Roy, you are thinking of the alabaster cross that Jones claimed to have seen on Weaver's Needle, and this has never been corroborated.

Could be, I was writing from memory. Hal Croves found an interesting article on her in Ebony mag online at:
http://books.google.com/books?id=at...=en#v=onepage&q=celeste jones dutchman&f=true

The photos are most interesting - including a tunnel or cave that supposedly runs for miles. There are several other magazine articles on her including Newsweek but can't find the interview that mentioned the cross offhand. I thought it was an ivory cross that she had found there, which helped to recruit her 'troops' (guards). There are some gold ore samples in one photo of the Ebony mag article which is also pretty interesting. It is possible that Celeste may still be living, we discussed trying to contact her to invite her to a Dutch hunters rendezvous a couple of years ago but not sure how to contact her, or if she would be physically able to for that matter. I wonder where she got those ore samples though - it seems doubtful they came from her claim on Weavers Needle but who knows?

:coffee2: :coffee2:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Could be, I was writing from memory. Hal Croves found an interesting article on her in Ebony mag online at:
http://books.google.com/books?id=at...=en#v=onepage&q=celeste jones dutchman&f=true

The photos are most interesting - including a tunnel or cave that supposedly runs for miles. There are several other magazine articles on her including Newsweek but can't find the interview that mentioned the cross offhand. I thought it was an ivory cross that she had found there, which helped to recruit her 'troops' (guards). There are some gold ore samples in one photo of the Ebony mag article which is also pretty interesting. It is possible that Celeste may still be living, we discussed trying to contact her to invite her to a Dutch hunters rendezvous a couple of years ago but not sure how to contact her, or if she would be physically able to for that matter. I wonder where she got those ore samples though - it seems doubtful they came from her claim on Weavers Needle but who knows?

Jones allegedly had a "centuries old" map that supposedly illustrated several "workings" at Weaver's Needle including a tunnel going from WN to Canyon Lake, and she persisted despite being told that Canyon Lake did not exist until after 1925, when the Mormon Flat Dam was built.

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oroblanco Amigo
Have some :coffee2::BangHead::BangHead:There you go misunderstanding me again,I am trying to help,not hinder,:dontknow:
and concerning Celeste,the tunnels she talked about in the mnts I had discussed through out my thread,i just did not
use her name regarding them,there used to be some that had seen them, the markers for them used to be
found at freemont saddle to west boulder canyon,to horse mesa,NP:cat:

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The trail markers that use to be at freemont saddle, west boulder canyon, and horse mesa.marker on left at freemont saddle the marker pointed over the cliff side to the base of the mnt.
at west boulder canyon there were two monuments drawn center about six feet apart and four feet tall, about three feet in diameter,both had cap stones with these trail markers,at some time in the sixtys
they were torn down and rebuilt with out the capstones,the cap stones were discarded and partially covered but were found. the last time I was there every thing had been torn down. marker on right represents the one found at horse mesa. these markers were found between 1905 and 1920, I know of no pictures that exist.if someone by chance has some please post them,
img382.jpg
NP:cat:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Oroblanco Amigo
Have some :coffee2::BangHead::BangHead:There you go misunderstanding me again,I am trying to help,not hinder,:dontknow:
and concerning Celeste,the tunnels she talked about in the mnts I had discussed through out my thread,i just did not
use her name regarding them,there used to be some that had seen them, the markers for them used to be
found at freemont saddle to west boulder canyon,to horse mesa,NP:cat:

I don't know why you would think I misunderstood what you posted. For the record, I don't actively hunt for the LDM or anything in the Superstitions any more. Have thought about it, but have other irons in the fire. I am sure that others reading the posts are getting some benefit.

I believe Celeste only talked about ONE tunnel in the mountains, shown in the photo in the article. If you are certain she was talking of the same ones you have been discussing (in your thread a while ago) then obviously she was talking of the same thing.

I don't have any photos of markers at Freemont saddle or West Boulder (have never been in West Boulder) but others may. I still have not made it a habit to start taking photos everywhere I go, even though I have packed a camera along numerous times. It just doesn't occur to me to snap photos unless there is something particularly remarkable/interesting. Someone here might have photos of the markers though.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP

I believe these symbols are trail markers , but not to the LDM and not to the stones heart . The shape of the symbol something reminds me .

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At freemont saddle and horse mesa there is also the same marker farther down the mnt pointing in a different direction into the mnt, these markers only have one circle on them in the center line,
when I had talked about them in my thread I called them tridents.np:cat:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At freemont saddle and horse mesa there is also the same marker farther down the mnt pointing in a different direction into the mnt, these markers only have one circle on them in the center line,
when I had talked about them in my thread I called them tridents.np:cat:

NP

These symbols are nor tridents . Look like the one Tucson artifact . Trident is like this :

trident.jpg

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Oro, you posted ---It just doesn't occur to me to snap photos Exactly my thoughts on my projects.

Part of the trouble is that unless you are out there with the purpose to get photos to then use in a forum debate/discussion, mainly your thoughts are focused on other things. I am going to get a set of photos for a little photo-essay, to show how easily and well a mine can be hidden by just the action of nature though. Can't get in to the one I had in mind to do that on unfortunately.

This is one of the things that always bothers me when we have someone new show up and claims to have found the LDM mine. If you want to have people believe that you did find the mine, why not take some photos of it to show? ??? :icon_scratch: :dontknow: Don Jose did so with Tayopa, so why don't others?

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part of the trouble is that unless you are out there with the purpose to get photos to then use in a forum debate/discussion, mainly your thoughts are focused on other things. I am going to get a set of photos for a little photo-essay, to show how easily and well a mine can be hidden by just the action of nature though. Can't get in to the one I had in mind to do that on unfortunately.

This is one of the things that always bothers me when we have someone new show up and claims to have found the LDM mine. If you want to have people believe that you did find the mine, why not take some photos of it to show? ??? :icon_scratch: :dontknow: Don Jose did so with Tayopa, so why don't others?
Oroblanco,Amigo , :coffee2:
:hello:I agree 100%,:laughing7::dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread