20150522_153731.jpg 20150522_153731.jpg here is one of those fan top cactuses

OP
OP
Carl995

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They transplanted a regular saguaro I believe then grafted it, tied it into a twisted position and let it grow.

Do you think they had time to do all this? In the heat? I thought they were in a hurry to get out of Dodge?
I can see they had time to carve signs & I noticed the saguaros with the sight pipes has one side if the spikes removed,
but I can't see them grafting etc.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think they had time to do all this? In the heat? I thought they were in a hurry to get out of Dodge?
I can see they had time to carve signs & I noticed the saguaros with the sight pipes has one side if the spikes removed,
but I can't see them grafting etc.

What else did they have to do? I mean, they obviously had time to balance huge boulders in high places, carve out natural mountain ranges for making shadow symbols, trench vast area's using De Re Metallica for prospecting, and all with Indian slave labor! Vast Organization utilizing Free Masonry hierarchy as an organization guide. I've found boulders with pictures showing where you put various animals for organizing along with arrows carved in the rocks for directions, a simple but effective way of using universal symbols for communication without knowing the language of the slaves. Similar to the universal language they use in Africa today in the mines.

Once they made it to a royal campsite they had their whole lives ahead of them it wasn't like they could just hop the next boat home even the sailing ships only left once a year and getting to the coast would've taken months. It took six months just to get home on the Galleon.

They were in for a penny in for a pound but once those that came were here it was there land for the taking in their eyes.

Grafting may have come later with the Mexicans at least according to Chuck Kenworthy. He said they grafted and banded the saguaro cactus for their own version of secret symbols to find what the Spanish used rock for. They didn't understand the Priest's version of symbolism. Kind of like us!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen, in the 1500's and the 1600" cactus were ocaisionally used as a marker, but as the poplation grew every lill kiddie, plua the 'grown' kiddies, used the cactus as a representative human target,. I have been guilty of this also, I finished off my cactus opponent rather quickly, however in the case of the Tarasca lost mine I followed all of the signs to the last one which included a rock at the base of a cliff that was to be used as a table which had the final view to the west blocked by a Pitaya ( similar to a Saguaro) lopped off at sitting height view from the table. .( I never did see what they wanted me to see, but I found the Tarasca by another method --- below the creston you will see the dump of the mine, never did,)

Last edited:

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
View attachment 1348420

Guys , um , how to tell you ,,, let's see ????

well , to be straight I guess is the best way ... so ,,,

That Cactus ain't no marker guys ,,, it's DRUNK ,,

see that Mezcal Plant ,,, it's been sucking on it's juice ,,, yepper , Drunk as My ex-wife's Mother the day
we spiked her snuff can with Heroin

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ladies ^ genta, what do you think the laws of normal mutations are for the cacti family ? Even we humans have mutations far too oftrn. Most cacti deformations are mother natures work, not Spanish,

You're right! And they simply transplanted those deformed cactus turning them for their needs to point out a trail!
I was playing around on GE the other day and spotted next to a large cactus in a known gold bearing area a covered hole dug a few vara's away from the center one! Up the hill from the hole was the outline of a buried Arrastra! I think I may have found the burial place of a stone map? I can't wait to go there this fall when it cools down.

The Saguaro's were in a large triangle with the center one next to the covered hole.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can ask any questions about my drill rig on here. I also owned a Accurate Locators Runabout. http://accuratelocators.com/usa-runabout-plus.html
I rented a GPR for a couple of weeks. The most accurate instrument I've seen is a submarine VLF meter. It utilizes a broadcast antenna for the source at eye site level. It's accurate down 400 feet or further. Depending on the terrain and conditions. A used one can be had for about 8k. No near earth contact, no antenna to worry about, you simply grid off an area and walk it holding the receiver in your hands and sight it in. Take the readings and input them into a 2D program and you have your complete profile of any hot spots. I was the only one the survey team I hired had found anything using the machine in over a few hundred surveys. I don't know if the record stands.

The winkie I had was totally rebuilt by me. It had a new 10 horse two cycle motor, new clutch, new water swivels, new drill rods, adjustable angle brackets, new bronco pump, new diamond bits, polymer water lube, drill grease, retrieval grips and screws, hoist for lifting the drill string, water tanks, and all in one package on a wagon gear rough terrain trailer!!

View attachment 1353021

http://www.hellotrade.com/westendorf-manufacturing-company-incorporation/wagon-gear.html

Yet is was light enough to pull by hand if need be.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carl995

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose is correct. Foxfire is from (I believe) a fungus growing in dead wood that causes it to glow brightly. Sometimes bright enough to read by at night.

We have ideas, but no proof of what causes the different colors of light to flash from the areas of ore deposits.

Mike

I'm looking thru some of my old pictures & ran across this one. I see why my dad was researching foxfire.

View attachment 1380677

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread