Legend of the Stone Maps

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1756922 View attachment 1756922

Elisha Reavis had a cousin named James who was know as a pervaricator and forger 1st class. Although I have never seen the "stone maps" in person, from the photos they look like they are fired. A kin to bricks.
After being found guilty in 1893 of trying to abscond with much of Arizona and New Mexico with a littany of forgeries on two continents, James A Reavis spent 3 years in the Territorial prison in Santa fe. The prisoners were used to construct the infrastructure of NM. Stone masons were building bridges throughout the state and in 1893 The Warden complained in the newspaper that they needed more masons and expressed disappointment that more of them were not getting in trouble with the law! The same article stated that the prisoners were making 20,000 bricks/week at the prison. James Reavis, like all prisoners, learned how to make bricks during his stay, adding a new layer to his repertoire of forging skills.
JAR did return to AZ in 1895 for a time after his release from the pen. Cousin Elisha died in 1896.
Has anyone considered that the stone maps are bricks made by James Reavis?
Attached is photo of a product of the Santa Fe Territorial Prison brick kiln, ca. 1890. I found it while repairing a brick parapet which had been added to a Spanish era building in NM.

View attachment 1756932

Hi White Heart

This is what I wrote in my thread http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/lost-dutchman-s-mine/575184-stone-maps-their-concept.html ,post #14 :

" But the stone tablets were made with the same method as the fired bricks . So , I believe the place where they were made could be anywhere close to those material sources .
The difference of the fire temperature and the different percent of iron oxide , sand and lime in the tablets , gave them the different color . We can conclude how the " trail " tablets were made at the same time with the same ingredients , and separately were made the Trail heart , the Latin heart and the H/P tablet , with different ingredients at a different fire temperature . "

So, I believe we have the same opinion on how the stone tablets maps were made..

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1756922 View attachment 1756922

Elisha Reavis had a cousin named James who was know as a pervaricator and forger 1st class. Although I have never seen the "stone maps" in person, from the photos they look like they are fired. A kin to bricks.
After being found guilty in 1893 of trying to abscond with much of Arizona and New Mexico with a littany of forgeries on two continents, James A Reavis spent 3 years in the Territorial prison in Santa fe. The prisoners were used to construct the infrastructure of NM. Stone masons were building bridges throughout the state and in 1893 The Warden complained in the newspaper that they needed more masons and expressed disappointment that more of them were not getting in trouble with the law! The same article stated that the prisoners were making 20,000 bricks/week at the prison. James Reavis, like all prisoners, learned how to make bricks during his stay, adding a new layer to his repertoire of forging skills.
JAR did return to AZ in 1895 for a time after his release from the pen. Cousin Elisha died in 1896.
Has anyone considered that the stone maps are bricks made by James Reavis?
Attached is photo of a product of the Santa Fe Territorial Prison brick kiln, ca. 1890. I found it while repairing a brick parapet which had been added to a Spanish era building in NM.

View attachment 1756932

Yes I was the first to suspect that these men were involved in this affair as well as being tied to the organization that planned their mission there in the Beale Papers

You can see my research at www.facebook.com/SolvingBealePapers

I discovered the ciphers on the stones and read them to locate the 18 mines....they were spaced out using the stones to locate them in groups of 5, 6, and 7

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions