Legend of the Stone Maps

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2:In defense of no one person,
True Treasure Hunters and Researchers are a Rare breed, Curiosity and Suspicion is their nature.
constant curiosity is how stories and legends are born, constant suspicion is getting to the real
truths about these stories and legends. people know what they know,or what they have been told
or seen.people here on TN share and learn about their curiosity's and suspicions through others.
every one on here will have an opinion,right or wrong,its their opinion.we are not judges,only
treasure hunters and researchers trying to decipher the truth. If you are in the right spirit all you
seek will be revealed to you,no matter what it is your looking for. NP:cat:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
:coffee2:In defense of no one person,
True Treasure Hunters and Researchers are a Rare breed, Curiosity and Suspicion is their nature.
constant curiosity is how stories and legends are born, constant suspicion is getting to the real
truths about these stories and legends. people know what they know,or what they have been told
or seen.people here on TN share and learn about their curiosity's and suspicions through others.
every one on here will have an opinion,right or wrong,its their opinion.we are not judges,only
treasure hunters and researchers trying to decipher the truth. If you are in the right spirit all you
seek will be revealed to you,no matter what it is your looking for. NP:cat:
I think that you described it perfectly.
:thumbsup:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
<cut>If you are in the right spirit all you
seek will be revealed to you, no matter what it is your looking for. NP

The right spirit? You mean when we're dead? Yeah, then maybe we'll know the truth.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
The right spirit? You mean when we're dead? Yeah, then maybe we'll know the truth.

"There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truth's protective layers".
N. Armstrong

The only truth in death is that it's inevitable and irreversible. I think what NP is saying is that sometimes truth comes to those who go looking for answers, with an open heart and honest intentions.

Either that, or he is describing a particular brand of drink.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433686793.625593.jpg

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Gary as I'm sure you know everyone has copies of the maps. Hell you can go to the Bluebird and they are in the window. The museum has a one sided travel set that I've seen on display at events. Recently at the Mesa Rock a Show Flagg had a display and sale. I asked about the Museum displays. I received a sharp comment. We don't know what is going on there!

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2:I'M sorry,I'm not a very educated person when it comes to typing ,never had a lot of use for it.
I speak straight from my heart, and my life experiences in treasure hunting and researching.
and I am not speaking about a drink,the people I have known in my life time that have been
successful in treasure hunting and researching is many,and the one thing they were always
grateful for was that the treasure spirits had shined on them.If your true to your heart,you
will never go wrong. the truth is the truth,no matter how you look at it.and in every treasure
story and legend there is a grain of truth,It's up to your spirit and heart to know the difference.:dontknow:
np:cat:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Gary as I'm sure you know everyone has copies of the maps. Hell you can go to the Bluebird and they are in the window. The museum has a one sided travel set that I've seen on display at events. Recently at the Mesa Rock a Show Flagg had a display and sale. I asked about the Museum displays. I received a sharp comment. We don't know what is going on there!

I think that you are correct. Perhaps a visit and sit down with museum staff could clear things up for you some. That's my only criticisms of you Frank. You tend to jump to conclusions and it sometimes reflects poorly. Remember Wayne's words to you from your own TV show. And he is your friend. I ride your heals only because your exposure has the potential to confuse an already confused conversation. The red rock, Julia's boot find, (wrong timing BTW), insinuating that the museum is defrauding people, these are examples of comments that have the potential to push the story further into myth and away from reality. The Frank that I want to hear from is energetic for an old owl, focused, serious about history and above all else, respectful to those challenging his ideas. Oh, and mindful of the fact that a few young people are following along.

Other than that, I find you interesting, enjoy hearing from you when you are not feeling threatened, and chuckle every time I see that nasty Quaker cannon dangling from your lips. BTW, I think that you lifted that from Charlie Williams.

Good luck is what I say,
and I say a lot.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
:coffee2:I'M sorry,I'm not a very educated person when it comes to typing ,never had a lot of use for it.
I speak straight from my heart, and my life experiences in treasure hunting and researching.
and I am not speaking about a drink,the people I have known in my life time that have been
successful in treasure hunting and researching is many,and the one thing they were always
grateful for was that the treasure spirits had shined on them.If your true to your heart,you
will never go wrong. the truth is the truth,no matter how you look at it.and in every treasure
story and legend there is a grain of truth,It's up to your spirit and heart to know the difference.:dontknow:
np:cat:

I didn't mean to be flippant earlier, NP. Sorry if I came off that way.

Regarding "treasure hunting" - and all other adventures in life too, for that matter - no matter how hard we try, no matter how smart we are, we can't control what happens. "The best-laid plans of mice and men/ Often go awry". While some people unexpectedly stumble onto a treasure, others ardently search their entire lives for one and find nothing. You can have all the books, all the equipment, all the right friends, all the privileged information in your tool box and come up empty after decades of focused effort - while some other guy's dog digs up a jar of coins in the back yard. It makes for great debate and fun banter for the experts, but, as they say, "Many are called, but few are chosen". As far as finding treasure is concerned, I'd rather be lucky than smart.

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq & Vaquero

Leupold BX-3 Mojave & RX1200i Rangefinder
Primary Interest:
Other
Been sitting here at the computer for hours - working on vid 6. While going thru all different sorts of information / photos / articles / etc I saw something......

I made this quick and not very professional comparison - look how the maps have slightly changed over the years.....and from article to article.

On the left is an article from the Frontier Times April/May 1973

On the right is "The Treasure Hunter" dated in 1967

The changes are minor in some cases - in others the lines don't match up - things added / things removed. The text on the maps is different.

They are all artist renditions - but shouldn't all the artists be drawing from the same set of stones?

Just an observation I wanted to share - nothing more, nothing less =)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-07 at 1.04.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-07 at 1.04.39 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 182
Last edited:

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been sitting here at the computer for hours - working on vid 6. While going thru all different sorts of information / photos / articles / etc I saw something......

I made this quick and not very professional comparison - look how the maps have slightly changed over the years.....and from article to article.

On the left is an article from the Frontier Times April/May 1973

On the right is "The Treasure Hunter" dated in 1967

The changes are minor in some cases - in others the lines don't match up - things added / things removed. The text on the maps is different.

They are all artist renditions - but shouldn't all the artists be drawing from the same set of stones?

Just an observation I wanted to share - nothing more, nothing less =)

Ryan,

I think that when using "artists" to recreate a series, it is next to impossible for them not to put their "flare" into the work (Just an opinion). Asking an artist to "Copy" someone else's artwork (as the creator of the stones would be considered an artist of sorts) in my opinion is like asking a painter to paint without a brush. I reflect upon the artists that I know and if I would ask any of them to "copy" a current image exactly like it's shown, you would have thought that I asked them to burn the Mona Lisa! Lol. Perhaps the years haven't changed the mindset of the creative ones?

Tina

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all are subject to the authors subjecive interpretations normally , However whe in doubt, always go for the older in most cases.

Errors tend to become expotentially accumulative.

This was a common factor in th Tayopa search.

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
all are subject to the authors subjecive interpretations normally , However whe in doubt, always go for the older in most cases.

Errors tend to become expotentialy accumulative.

This was a common factor in th Tayopa search.

"Errors tend to become exponentially accumulative."
Yes, exactly the point.

captain1965

Apr 12, 2015
Mesa
Detector(s) used
fisher gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank
Did you seen under the black tape on the originals?

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010

Why not just ask? Good people there and generous with their time.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
those that have seen the real, not copies of the stones
do you know the sizes of each stone, ive read 12"x20"
24"x24" and other various sizes

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those that have seen the real, not copies of the stones
do you know the sizes of each stone, ive read 12"x20"
24"x24" and other various sizes

From a file on one of Jim Hatt's cd's.........approximately 11 x 16 x 2.5 max thickness.
I'd say that's pretty close.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread