Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
When I quoted you in last post it showed Markmar as being quoted. I simply backspaced over Markmar leaving only yourself as being quoted before posting.
Not difficult, just need to look at what is desired to be quoted and editing it. Now you can control it.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
i have an idea lets all go back and delete the weird glitch quote posts
we did and move on now that we know what the prob is
i took my explanation of the the weird glitch quote down

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop the insults and bickering. Thread in question was started by AzDave to promote Ryan's book, Ryan is no longer associated with TreasureNet.

AzDave did not convince mods to close thread, no one convinces mods to close a thread, as per our rules any post or thread can be locked or deleted at any time with out warning....

There appears to be a quote glitch, thread will be lock while cleaned then reopened.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread cleaned and restored. Stop the insults....

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola gang. The orign of the stone maps explained :laughing7: they are duplicted with NP's lil map, which shows the heart to be in the superstitions 'West of the rio grande and north of the Gila' :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

2.jpg Or at least they have a common orign. Jesuit. The heart is centered in a valley between two peaks. :dontknow::occasion14::cat::laughing7::laughing7: Line forms on the left

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Is this the area where Adolph Ruth was really killed? I have been told it was the view of the Needle that Ruth was looking for. It's dead on the Stone Map Trail, and matches where Sims Ely states Ruth's body was found. The heart lies just down the wash to the east.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hola gang. The orign of the stone maps explained :laughing7: they are duplicted with NP's lil map, which shows the heart to be in the superstitions 'West of the rio grande and north of the Gila' :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

View attachment 1188484 Or at least they have a common orign. Jesuit. The heart is centered in a valley between two peaks. :dontknow::occasion14::cat::laughing7::laughing7: Line forms on the left

That map fascinates me.

The alleged discovery in the Broadway Cave, being coin, leads me to believe that "coin" is at least part of, if not all of, the treasure found with the stone maps. If there really is one. Anyway, the origins of that story are turning out to be very difficult to track down.

I am not sure that Jesuits would have been in the Superstitions in 1847. Nothing is impossible. Perhaps the Jesuits hid church treasures at an earlier time and the locations overlap.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
I posted this......elsewhere tonight:

For some time now, I have had my doubts that the Stone Maps would lead anyone to a treasure or viable mine. That's not to say that the locations marked on the maps have never led to anything of importance, perhaps after the fact.

As more information has come out concerning the stones themselves, including Travis carving them, I have wondered how he could have made such accurate maps without spending years in the range. Not only are the maps topographically (for the most part) accurate, but the stories and legends of the Superstition Mountains are woven into them.

The most likely scenario here, is that Travis was sold a map, not stone, and he found a number of clues that convinced him it was a true waybill. One of the people he met around the mountains had to be the author. After following the map and finding many of the symbols and markers right where the map showed them, and yet no treasure.

His supposed area of search was away from the area he actually searched, as he still felt something might be there. He came to realize that a book and some dramatic forms of the map's were his path to some measure of wealth. They would finance his real area of interest. He never found a buyer or completed his book before his death. It was his wife who finally found a "sucker".

Just one man's theory.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
<cut>
The most likely scenario here, is that Travis was sold a map, not stone, and he found a number of clues that convinced him it was a true waybill. One of the people he met around the mountains had to be the author. After following the map and finding many of the symbols and markers right where the map showed them, and yet no treasure.

His supposed area of search was away from the area he actually searched, as he still felt something might be there. He came to realize that a book and some dramatic forms of the map's were his path to some measure of wealth. They would finance his real area of interest. He never found a buyer or completed his book before his death. It was his wife who finally found a "sucker".

Just one man's theory.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo.

Seems to me that Pegleg Tumlinson may have been his map source. Travis may have created many of the symbols and markers himself during his "searching" in the mountains. He may well have been a simple grifter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread