Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill,
This symbol is a head scratch-er. It must be related to "journey ends here", or "death of a companion" (Dr. D.B. Higgins, Sc. D.). Any thoughts?

View attachment 1160526

Hal that symbol I am thinking was also used by native Americans. Turtle. It was also a symbol like our compass except the center is where you stood and the points were the directions you went. So in theory all points lead to you.
HH

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill,
This symbol is a head scratch-er. It must be related to "journey ends here", or "death of a companion" (Dr. D.B. Higgins, Sc. D.). Any thoughts?

View attachment 1160526

Hal, the symbol could be many things you need to reference it too the map area at hand. My main interest in the stone maps has always been the symbolism langauge along the routes. Your symbol in question must be defined at the area in question as a symbol on a map is usually in the field where it must be decoded in that spot. At least from what I've determined while Treasure Hunting sites. I always find mirrors or opposites like a dark object heart for example may indicate a giant light colored heart further along or a light sky shaped square hole may be a dark lichen square on a rock only larger or smaller.

It may indicate a rabbit hole in a small side wash plugged by a rock. Somewhere I saw one of these holes chiseled out and it looks like your symbol. Rabbit hole mine entrances were used for Indian control and ease of concealment during the off season of mining.
In the spot you inserted the symbol on the map it may be a sun symbol as the declination of the sun from that spot may hold a key clue to the maps viewing station or angles. All the wiggled lines onthe map are indicators of the Walkers trails visible along mountain ridges as long "W's" or "M's".
My experience has lead me to believe the map depicts only one mountain and one river or wash not many landscapes or ranges.
I've found all of these basic symbols in one small area usually the Master Mason's campsite close by the Wizards camp site.
At first glance it reminded me of a ships navigation wheel.

But each of us has their own basic opinions and we all are correct. At least until one of us blinks when we find something important and show it on here or on the news.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
That symbol could mean a number of things depending upon the desires of its creator. Many carvings could be topographically inspired, many could have multiple meanings, many may be used in conjunction with others - maybe all of these. Also, many are downright hoaxes, leading nowhere.

curious.jpg

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq & Vaquero

Leupold BX-3 Mojave & RX1200i Rangefinder
Primary Interest:
Other
The stone maps are arguabley one of the biggest hoaxes in Dutchman lore - and I plan to show all of you that as part of my next video. I've been doing a lot of researching lately - and cant wait to show everyone.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
The stone maps are arguabley one of the biggest hoaxes in Dutchman lore - and I plan to show all of you that as part of my next video. I've been doing a lot of researching lately - and cant wait to show everyone.

Ryan,

I don't doubt that what you say is true, but I can assure you they were created by someone who knew the west end of the range like the back of his hand.

Good luck,

Joe

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with that as well. Many things have been created in the history of mankind - but what I am focusing on now is another map - courtesy of Tumlinson own hand.

Attachments

• TreasureChestMap.png
    TreasureChestMap.png
    831.7 KB · Views: 203

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I see that Mike has been reinstated so I'll resume posting.

As I have mentioned before, I've gone on record with the opinion that the Stone Maps lead to none other than this:

JackintheBox63.jpg

I swear that I can taste a little of that el caballo in my burger, every time I go there.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other

RG1976

I like your stuff but your 100% wrong on this one.

Wrmickel1

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Fake is not the word. More of a piece of art that has been misinterpreted by many. Like a abstract painting. We all see something different.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think RG1976 is correct, and is illustrating how willing people are to cling to things they want to believe even if there is evidence showing them they are wrong. I'm sure before he is done he will have burst the bubbles of a lot of people, but many will continue to cling to fantasies even so.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I think RG1976 is correct, and is illustrating how willing people are to cling to things they want to believe even if there is evidence showing them they are wrong. I'm sure before he is done he will have burst the bubbles of a lot of people, but many will continue to cling to fantasies even so.

That's how these fairy tales live and prosper - manipulated minds.

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
RG1976

I like your stuff but your 100% wrong on this one.

Wrmickel1

Thanks for the compliment! I would not expect, nor hope, everyone agree with everything I "propose". Let's look at Mr. Augustine - admittedly, him and I had some colorful convo's here initially - so much so that a moderator had to come in. Today - I actually really enjoy Frank - and the times that I have spoken to him, have been great convo's. He still tells me things that I think "oh boy" and on that same token, I send him stuff and tells me I'm wrong or am "seeing things". It's just all part of having a good convo. He interprets things differently from some of my other "dutch-hunter" friends that I've made - and I like the contrast. At the end of the day, I enjoy that sometimes I play the role of the skeptic / debunker in an effort to break things down. I've certainly learned a lot - and I believe many others have as well. I hope to make many more friends like that, in my pursuit of digging up the "truth."

I shouldn't have said they were a hoax - that was the wrong verbiage. I misspoke - what I should have said was something like this:

"I believe many people have been duped - misled - and in an effort to find supportive evidence of (for some) a life long quest, have attached themselves to something that has absolutely no direct or corresponding evidence"

Mr. Tumlinson made another map, which I have yet to see mentioned here - or any other website. The picture of the map is in my previous post. That map is evidence that Mr. Tumlinson had a previous history in making "artwork" on stones.

So let's get a convo going about that - it will be a part of my next video - but in the mean time, I'd love to learn what people think. It will continue this thread on the "stone maps", as they all go back to the same guy (author) - Mr. Tumlinson.

So "You're 100% wrong on this one" is what you said.... for you to say something with such a definitive tone - you must have 100% truth they are correct. Let's hear why. =) If you'd prefer to wait to answer that until you've seen my next video, showing why I think they are not authentic "dutchman lore" - that'd be fine as well.

-Ryan

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I have a few golden reasons for the percentage of your accuracy.

Wrmickel1

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I have a few golden reasons for the percentage of your accuracy.

Wrmickel1

Fantastic! Anything you'd like to extrapolate on? I love that you described them (your reasons) as being golden.

If I am interpreting that correctly, you've been out in the Superstitions and have come across and have proof of gold due to your pursuit of the maps codec. That'd be the only way you'd have 100% proof and I, as well as many others, would leave to hear your accounts.

Billy Sastard

Tenderfoot
May 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RG1976: I also enjoy your postings. I hope you include the carvings from the chimney sandstones(IIRC, it was from his childhood home where the chimney is nearly all that is left), not just the "treasure chest" stone pictured, that are alleged to have been made by TT. IMHO, there is very strong evidence there that supports my belief that if he didn't carve them himself in thier entirety, he added to the carvings in an effort to lend credibility to thier story. I look forward to the summation of what you are finding.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread