Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That movie had me wondering if the authors were reading and using ideas from that other forum! It was no coincidence Nic Cages partner was named "Riley". Some of the ideas for the show had to come from there. Like the colored glasses and the timely shadows. All of that had been discussed in the years before the show was born. WC Jameson was one of the authors and advisers on National Treasure he's well known for surfing the web and gleaming his book ideas from OP's sources. I contacted him after the show came out and talked with him on the phone. He admitted he was doing just that! Here's a copy of the letter envelope he sent me after we talked. I thought it would be something meaningful. It was a list of his books he wanted me to buy!

View attachment 1206439

Hal

The movie is a fiction and was not to learn something , but to see as an example how difficult is to find a treasure when the clues ( the signs ) send you from a place to another ( like the " travel on to the next sign " practice ) untill the end point .
The movie is like what Bill said about the maps .

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be just another one of Travis' attempts to "throw people off", as he was known to do.
But I think a "box" or chest or crate of some kind would be an important and exciting discovery if there is one to be found out there somewhere.
The instructions list a series of tangibles....... a dangerous "trail", 18 "places", a "map", and a "heart" or "box" ....none of which would be natural rock formations IMO. In fact, one needs to find the map before the "box".
So what do you think might be in this "box" ?

Also , i believe the instructions would be better to be read in this way and order :

"Seek for/Find the map " - the stone trail map .
" Seek for/ find the box "
" This trail is dangerous " - if consider the difficulty of the terrain .
" Follow the 18 markings ( from the box ) to find the heart "

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne

So what do you think might be in this "box" ?

In this " box " is the " big black hole " from the stone trail map . I believe this hole is the exit from the Caverna Aurum and serves for a direct contact with the gold , avoiding all the traps and the impasses which are in the cave and begin from the " official " entrance .
Remember the Jesuit treasure story in Bolivia .

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notice the Heart shaped hole under the "death" rock? The rounded rock is sitting with more than 50% of its weight hanging to get it energy to roll if triggered. I attempted to get into the box last week but fell short as only made it to the middle of the "I" in Pico word in the picture. The "I" turns and goes vertical at that point, however since then have discovered the route to get in has a turn in the trees (can see the tops of them in the picture) and need to go right to make the climb. Will be making another attempt to get in the cave soon. The box is at the top of the Molina Map overlay, so it fits the triangulation and is on a vertical wall of stone. There is no easy way to reach it. And yes you follow the trail map to get up to it, and was the hardest climb I have ever done.

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
" This trail is dangerous " - if consider the difficulty of the terrain .

maybe its dangerous because it was and indian trail
has anyone ever found any indian trail markers in the
supes, and would you post imgs of them

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A "Box" would be a storage room made from solid rock. It contains Gold Dore Bars along with supplies and maps.
Usually the rooms are 7' wide by 4' tall by 18' long. (1847) Castillian feet of course.

They're not easy to find it has to be from measured points of a triangle or 1-2-3-4.

No one has ever found one that I know of.
Thanks again for that info Bill. At one site i have been working,is a carved triangle in stone. and about 50 yards from there is a small carved niche in dark volcanic rock about three inches, and in that niche sits a small white 1/2 inch square stone. Theres also a slash mark carved by it. I always thought that the small white cube represents the treasure box or vault. thanks for that info. View attachment 1206651

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cw the Indians were the carvers working for the Spanish/Mexican miners. Notice the Spaniard with the telescope in the sun signs on the right side? This proves that it is not just an Indian trail and has more significance than just a trail marker. The telescope is pointed at the Rock that is on the top of the Molina map. Beside the rock is a hole with a notched pole ladder coming out of it. Will have pictures of it when the weather cools as takes a lot of water just to hike in to the site much less make the hard climb up to the top of the mountain. The week I spent up in the mountains there were 3 deaths out there from the heat. (we had to drink 2 gallons a day to stay hydrated as the temps were 117) Mine Bears 2.jpg
here is a shot from under the death rock, anyone got a Bear Tag?
Here is a bonus treat how about this?
Minas Sombrero.jpg
Photo taken from the South East peak of White Mountain. 8-20-15
In the picture you can see in the foreground how steep White Mountain is.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cw0909

The stone trail is a little part of a bigger trail . I believe with certitude how on this trail have traveled Indians as well .

The main trail .

The Box.jpg

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cross/circle

cw the Indians were the carvers working for the Spanish/Mexican miners. Notice the Spaniard with the telescope in the sun signs on the right side? This proves that it is not just an Indian trail and has more significance than just a trail marker. The telescope is pointed at the Rock that is on the top of the Molina map. Beside the rock is a hole with a notched pole ladder coming out of it. Will have pictures of it when the weather cools as takes a lot of water just to hike in to the site much less make the hard climb up to the top of the mountain. The week I spent up in the mountains there were 3 deaths out there from the heat. (we had to drink 2 gallons a day to stay hydrated as the temps were 117) View attachment 1206750
View attachment 1206753
Did you notice the cross in the circle on the left side of the mnt.?

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
cw the Indians were the carvers working for the Spanish/Mexican miners.

i meant trail markers the indians did for themselves, not the ones the Spanish/Mexican
miners wanted them to do

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
That movie had me wondering if the authors were reading and using ideas from that other forum! It was no coincidence Nic Cages partner was named "Riley". Some of the ideas for the show had to come from there. Like the colored glasses and the timely shadows. All of that had been discussed in the years before the show was born. WC Jameson was one of the authors and advisers on National Treasure he's well known for surfing the web and gleaming his book ideas from OP's sources. I contacted him after the show came out and talked with him on the phone. He admitted he was doing just that! Here's a copy of the letter envelope he sent me after we talked. I thought it would be something meaningful. It was a list of his books he wanted me to buy!

View attachment 1206439

I am looking for the post, BUT, KX Member said that role was based upon a TRUE person and events. He had even mentioned the name Ben Gates as real person. I will continue searching for it, though KX seldom gives specifics.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Found Post.
Forum: New Beale Story
Started by: Justintime:
Post # 697: Reads like this:

Aug 14, 2015, 01:04 PM #697

us
Dec 2014
New Mexico
OKM
132 times
All Types Of Treasure Hunting
Quote Originally Posted by Justintime View Post
Who's your mentor..KX
Robert Kryder is my mentor. Ben Gates is a real person and we/he knew the "Cage" family. Only the first movie was based off what Ben offered...the rest of the movies are just Disney writers. Rob and Ben had access to the 1st Masonic lodge on this continent. We weren't involved with NT at all.
Sorry for the de-railment Frank, will be back on track here on out, ( at least from me ).

starman 1

Jun 3, 2010
The Maps

Gentlemen:

A while back I posted the following:

Hello Ponchosportal,

i believe what we are seeing is the birth of a new legend not the birth of truth.

First you control the information flow, next you discredit anyone who does not buy into the new reality, and you hold out the promise of complete disclosure. That is after the gold is found, the book is published, and the movie is in the theaters. By then everyone will have forgotten what the truth is and be celebrating the new heroes of the Superstitions. Barry Storm has been reborn.

I would imagine that getting the right to dig in the SWA will add at least 2 years to the drama.

Should be a great ride, a lot of money will be made and nothing will be solved. Everyone involved will get their 15 minutes of fame or perhaps more.

This is all about theater and not really good theater at that. Before this is over Travis will probably be credited with carving the stone found in the Bat Cave.

Starman

Assuming for the moment this is all about theater then several possibilities arise.

1. Perhaps the family used the dirt map and found what there was to find years ago. It seems in one of the videos the comment was made that Travis had found something of value in the Superstitions. Don`t believe the point was made that the dirt map led to the discovery but perhaps. If this is the case the only thing left is to make money off of a search of the Superstitions. Much the same way the tv production on the Superstitions was basically a tour of some very beautiful country and an introduction into some of the legends that surround the Superstitions. Imagine that will be enough for most folks and would be a lot of fun to follow.

2. Since the family has already indicated that Travis`s book is fatally flawed, in that the stone maps were made and not found, and that the stones only represent a small portion of the dirt map, then the only reason to buy the book is to gain a greater understanding of Travis and his search. Since the book is in error why buy it if there is no possibility it will lead to anything of value. That is unless one views it as a work of fiction that can be viewed solely on its entertainment value. From that perspective Ely`s and Bark`s contributions would be far more valuable to understand the Superstitions than say this fictional account. Never less presenting the book as leading to an area of the Superstitions that is dark and foreboding would entice some to buy the work. Much the same way Barry Storm`s work is a history of the range.

3. Another possibility is that while all of this is theater a bit of truth has been exposed. That is based on the possibility that if the dirt map is more fundamental than the trail maps how was it that Travis knew what was important and what was not? Given that the dirt map may have very well have not lead to anything then the trail maps maybe truly be what was important and Travis did not recognize this and gave the farm away early on.

Having said this the one thing is certain the trail maps do lead to things of interest in the Superstitions. What is uncertain is does the dirt map have any value other than theater. That is yet to be seen.

Personally I suspect it does but whether or not that will ever be understood is debatable. What is clear is the trail maps lead to the heart and soul of the range, the dirt map perhaps to other things.

Starman

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found Post.
Forum: New Beale Story
Started by: Justintime:
Post # 697: Reads like this:

Aug 14, 2015, 01:04 PM #697

us
Dec 2014
New Mexico
OKM
132 times
All Types Of Treasure Hunting
Quote Originally Posted by Justintime View Post
Who's your mentor..KX
Robert Kryder is my mentor. Ben Gates is a real person and we/he knew the "Cage" family. Only the first movie was based off what Ben offered...the rest of the movies are just Disney writers. Rob and Ben had access to the 1st Masonic lodge on this continent. We weren't involved with NT at all.
Sorry for the de-railment Frank, will be back on track here on out, ( at least from me ).

Great work Simon1!

But, it doesn't prove a thing.

I would need to see some sort of proof that Ben Gates was real and knew Nic Cage and Family. All I can testify is what I uncovered with regards too WC Jameson, I never dug any further after he told me he was getting some of his inspiration from treasure stories he read on here and had been voted the best treasure hunter alive because of his contributions too the National Treasure show.

If Ben Gates is real I would sure like to talk with him about the Free Masonry he was involved in!

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Trails are dangerous because you must read the markers and light sky signs from the top of the death traps!

In other words, you have to climb on top that pile of dangerous looking balanced boulders that look as though they are about ready to fall off the cliff in order to "See" what the next sign or symbol with pointer is. If it has a "Lightening Heart" symbol either raised or recessed you have a genuine death trap entrance. If you attempt any further disturbance of the boulder pile you will see what they have in store for you! And it may be a twenty man trap which means half the mountain is coming down! I have pictures of one with a Lightening heart. I'll see if I can dig it up. The one I'll be posting would probably take out over ten men you can see from a distance it hides a massive hidden pile of lined up boulders just above the trap.

They're enticing you with the Priest map.

They want you to follow the trail too your death!

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cw the Indians were the carvers working for the Spanish/Mexican miners. Notice the Spaniard with the telescope in the sun signs on the right side? This proves that it is not just an Indian trail and has more significance than just a trail marker. The telescope is pointed at the Rock that is on the top of the Molina map. Beside the rock is a hole with a notched pole ladder coming out of it. Will have pictures of it when the weather cools as takes a lot of water just to hike in to the site much less make the hard climb up to the top of the mountain. The week I spent up in the mountains there were 3 deaths out there from the heat. (we had to drink 2 gallons a day to stay hydrated as the temps were 117) View attachment 1206750
View attachment 1206753

I notice the foreground "X" and pointer as it seems you are standing in the mineral zone.

The back ground or distant mountain has the shadow walkers or miners but they seem to be passing it on by as if to say "No Minerals Here move along".

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again for that info Bill. At one site i have been working,is a carved triangle in stone. and about 50 yards from there is a small carved niche in dark volcanic rock about three inches, and in that niche sits a small white 1/2 inch square stone. Theres also a slash mark carved by it. I always thought that the small white cube represents the treasure box or vault. thanks for that info. View attachment 1206651

White square. Eye catcher and vault symbol. Look for Skulls or light sky. This is where you read the map at 2:00pm. Photograph it. You will never be able to see it or read it otherwise. It takes years of training to see the solar lunar writing with the naked eye embedded in the stone! I would have never made any discoveries had it not been for my camera, timing, and pure luck! Look for a standing shield as if a Knight just left it leaned against a boulder while he slept. On that shield will be a flat symbol of an Elephant.

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen:

A while back I posted the following:

Hello Ponchosportal,

i believe what we are seeing is the birth of a new legend not the birth of truth.

First you control the information flow, next you discredit anyone who does not buy into the new reality, and you hold out the promise of complete disclosure. That is after the gold is found, the book is published, and the movie is in the theaters. By then everyone will have forgotten what the truth is and be celebrating the new heroes of the Superstitions. Barry Storm has been reborn.

I would imagine that getting the right to dig in the SWA will add at least 2 years to the drama.

Should be a great ride, a lot of money will be made and nothing will be solved. Everyone involved will get their 15 minutes of fame or perhaps more.

This is all about theater and not really good theater at that. Before this is over Travis will probably be credited with carving the stone found in the Bat Cave.

Starman

Assuming for the moment this is all about theater then several possibilities arise.

1. Perhaps the family used the dirt map and found what there was to find years ago. It seems in one of the videos the comment was made that Travis had found something of value in the Superstitions. Don`t believe the point was made that the dirt map led to the discovery but perhaps. If this is the case the only thing left is to make money off of a search of the Superstitions. Much the same way the tv production on the Superstitions was basically a tour of some very beautiful country and an introduction into some of the legends that surround the Superstitions. Imagine that will be enough for most folks and would be a lot of fun to follow.

2. Since the family has already indicated that Travis`s book is fatally flawed, in that the stone maps were made and not found, and that the stones only represent a small portion of the dirt map, then the only reason to buy the book is to gain a greater understanding of Travis and his search. Since the book is in error why buy it if there is no possibility it will lead to anything of value. That is unless one views it as a work of fiction that can be viewed solely on its entertainment value. From that perspective Ely`s and Bark`s contributions would be far more valuable to understand the Superstitions than say this fictional account. Never less presenting the book as leading to an area of the Superstitions that is dark and foreboding would entice some to buy the work. Much the same way Barry Storm`s work is a history of the range.

3. Another possibility is that while all of this is theater a bit of truth has been exposed. That is based on the possibility that if the dirt map is more fundamental than the trail maps how was it that Travis knew what was important and what was not? Given that the dirt map may have very well have not lead to anything then the trail maps maybe truly be what was important and Travis did not recognize this and gave the farm away early on.

Having said this the one thing is certain the trail maps do lead to things of interest in the Superstitions. What is uncertain is does the dirt map have any value other than theater. That is yet to be seen.

Personally I suspect it does but whether or not that will ever be understood is debatable. What is clear is the trail maps lead to the heart and soul of the range, the dirt map perhaps to other things.

Starman

Starman,

You have summed it up perfectly.
The bologna has been bought, the sandwiches are being made and all we need to do is have our credit card numbers ready.
Crazy Jake is smiling down approvingly.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Matthew Roberts,

We were raised on fried bologna sandwiches... and look how that turned out.

Starman 1 is correct in that this is all just bad Kabuki, much like Lust for Gold or the recent television series, Legends of the Superstitions. BTW, I was told that at least one actor now regrets being part of that series. Ironic, because Storm experienced the same feelings only on a much larger scale. And the same thing will happen if and when the manuscript is turned into a movie simply because there is no resolution. Without resolution, there is no story.

If Travis did carve the stone maps but writes about discovering them, then the entire manuscript would fall into the category of "fiction". So, if and when it eventually does gets published, it will be interesting to see how they choose to classify it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread