OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430579557.672620.jpg

From the Greg Davis collection Garman file.
Greg is a true hero of Dutchman history. His collection is outstanding.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank - as an aside, I've been listening to the taped interview Greg did with Bob Garman in 1981 on my way to and back from work every day lately. It's an early interview/recording of Greg's so it's got a lot of tape hiss on it and Greg is a ways away from the recorder so it's not easy to hear or interpret his questions to Bob.

I may be mistaken, but I think Bob was somewhere around his early to middle 80's at this time and it's pretty clear that his memory isn't the best anymore. I'm still planning on transcribing the whole thing sometime, but I haven't really heard anything earthshattering in it yet to make it a big priority. I just got near the end of the 5th tape and Greg just started asking about Tumlinson and the Stone Maps so if you'd like I can try to work on that and add it to the conversation here if you would like.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
This thread is for discussions on known facts related to the stone maps. Facts not opinions. I'll start it off. In a letter dated 8-3-62 from Robert Tumlinson to Bob Garman Robert states he found 5 stone map slabs. We're is the fifth stone and what is engraved on it?
View attachment 1155887

I tried to tell people that about the five stones some years ago here and no one wanted discuss it. A lot of folks apparently think they already know everything there is to know about the Peralta stone maps. There is also the Dillman's extra stone which they discovered and thought it is linked to the stone maps, which is possible but also possibly not related.

And ditto to Cubfan, could make for some interesting additional material, and kudos to Greg for his long and tireless efforts.
Oroblanco

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmmm? Per the note, who is "old Father Miguel" whose image is depicted on one of the stones? Father as in priest? Father as in father of later Peraltas?

Interesting.

I have some issue with the script style for a man of Tomlinson's age, but I can get over it rather easily.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Paul great idea.

Give me a couple days to put some of it together - I caught a head cold when I got back from AZ and I'm feeling really miserable today. I should be able to get at least a some of posted by mid next week.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is for discussions on known facts related to the stone maps. Facts not opinions. I'll start it off. In a letter dated 8-3-62 from Robert Tumlinson to Bob Garman Robert states he found 5 stone map slabs. We're is the fifth stone and what is engraved on it?
View attachment 1155887

Howdy Sarge,

I agree that Mr. Greg Davis is a true hero of Dutchman history, and has quite a collection. In fact he collects anything concerning the LDM, or PSM's whether it's fact or not, such as that letter.

You see, the fact is that it was Travis Tumlinson who found the PSM's, not Robert Tumlinson. Travis only found 4 stones which his wife Alleen sold to Clarence O. Mitchell after her husbands death.

Homar

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I tried to tell people that about the five stones some years ago here and no one wanted discuss it. A lot of folks apparently think they already know everything there is to know about the Peralta stone maps. There is also the Dillman's extra stone which they discovered and thought it is linked to the stone maps, which is possible but also possibly not related.

And ditto to Cubfan, could make for some interesting additional material, and kudos to Greg for his long and tireless efforts.
Oroblanco

roy..i met a guy years ago that found a fifth stone out there where the rest were found...he invited me to come check it out but i never got around to it...i never thought the stones were the real deal anyway...i've seen too many poor slobs spend their whole lives trying to figure out where those stone maps lead to...and i've never seen one of them find anything recoverable ..i think alot of people would have been way better off if they would have taken a jackhammer to those stones 50 years ago

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is one for you Homar
View attachment 1156023

Howdy Sarge,

You pulled that "story" out of a fiction book, those are not facts. Not everything that's ever been told to Mr. Tom K. is true, he is as vulnerable as anyone else.

I can post the story of the Easter Bunny, but that does not make it fact. You are basing an opinion that Tom K. was told the truth, when none of it is verifiable like Travis Tulinson's story. How do you discount Travis's involvement?

You wanted facts, yet you are not presenting them.

Homar

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Homar. These are items from the Garman file not a fiction book. Part of the history of the subject. Please post your documents on the subject from Travis. The letter was written by Robert and sent to Garman. It's not the only one and the handwriting is identical. Robert for a time was Garmans partner. Personally I find it very interesting. Who would know more so than Travis uncle Robert. What is clear Robert states 5 stones tablets were dug up. If it does not match your theory you may consider how this affects it.

Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sarge, the "Garman file" seems to be full of lies. On the letter to Garman, Robert Tumlinson is claiming to be the finder of 5 stones. Then on the story told to Mr. Tom K., a Mexican is said to be the finder of 3 stones. So which one are you claiming to be fact?

Homar

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Homar I hope these documents did not upset you. Read Tom K story again. Tom told me personally the same story. I'm presenting some examples of documents on file relating to the subject. I am waiting to see what documents you used to form your opinion. Unless your Travis's uncle I put more faith in a private letter that is part of the stone map history from his uncle. I'm sure you agree the closer you get to the source and time period the more reliable the information. If Robert states 5 stones were found then in my opinion that's a very good indication 5 stones were found. I'm only presenting items that reflect on the history of the stones. Take a deep breath. Open your mind and reflect on new possibilities. If you don't care to that's fine. In consideration for your feelings it may be best I do not post the rest of the story. I do not want to be the cause of you popping a valve. At any rate pay close attention to Garman info. You can't get closer to the truth. He searched with Robert.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Homar please keep in mind this thread is for posting documents and items on the stone map history. Not opinions. I do not want this thread to become a big argument over personal opinions. Post what documents you have and let everyone decide on their own

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sarge you may be the only one able to post documents at this point, (bout the same as you posting Superstition Gold) As for me I don't have any valid information, just speculation and theory's, although I do hope others may have valid documentation they may wish too share.

BTW I always speculated 1 stone was missing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I do hope so Eric. I tried the same thing with examples of Superstition gold. I'm sure I'm not the only one with gold examples. I know Bayy found some. But he will not post here. It's a shame he is Bob Wards nephew and very interesting. I've always shared information on Tnet on several subjects. That's what it's all about. But it's not a perfect world and many times these subjects attract those with issues and things turn to ****.

Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homar please keep in mind this thread is for posting documents and items on the stone map history. Not opinions. I do not want this thread to become a big argument over personal opinions. Post what documents you have and let everyone decide on their own

Howdy Sarge,

You are changing your tune, when you started this thread, you said it would be about known facts only, not opinions. Why don't you reread your own original post. Now you are saying that this thread is about presenting documents.

I pointed out that your "documents" contradict each other, so you are doing yourself in without my help. You also contradict yourself when you believe Tom K. was told the truth, and believe Robert Tumlinson wrote the truth. Both of your "documents" can not be fact.

Homar

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Homar both documents exist that is a fact. I'm not saying anything. I'm not posting my opinion of them. Only posting them for the members to decide. I agree they contradict each other. Like any document it gives everyone more information to follow up on. You can't solve a issue without out checking everything out. Not just what you choose because it matches your opinion or the legend. Sitting in Greg's library the other day I looked at the many shelves full of books and binders. I thought the Dutchman wrote a note or two and look what it turned into. Where all that stuff come from. The same applies to the stones. You can read Roberts letter to his friend or the thousand books on the subject. Books written by those that failed to solve the issue. I look at where Robert and Travis searched. Not where those books say to look. I pay very close attention to anything they wrote on the subject. Roberts letters to Garman are as good as it gets. I'm sure others on this site were not so quick to dismiss the contents of that letter. One thing you can't do is solve the stones unless you have all five. Robert told Garman there were five and he had no reason to lie.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread