Video 4 - The Peralta Stone Maps with Frank Augustine

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Of course a discovery using the stones may just change all that. Vindicating Travis, confirming his efforts and validating years of searching. An important discovery, I believe, might just be welcomed. That's a tall order but if you are one of those who believe that the stones are more than odd curiosities, it's not impossible.

Great part of that story Gary!

Hal,

What can be found? Using the Stone Maps 40-50 years ago, I placed them on a topographic map. I have been told that a sealed mine was seen by one of my team members above West Boulder Canyon.....very close to the X on my map. The Stone Map Trail goes right through claim markers on both sides of the saddle between West Boulder and Little Boulder Canyons. That trail ends right in the middle of the heart depicted on the Stone Maps. It also ends at a huge heart formation.

If you take into consideration how long ago I put that map together, without being at that particular place, it seems like one hell of a coincidence.

Good luck,

Joe

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal,

What can be found? Using the Stone Maps 40-50 years ago, I placed them on a topographic map. I have been told that a sealed mine was seen by one of my team members above West Boulder Canyon. The Stone Map Trail goes right through claim markers on both sides of the saddle between West Boulder and Little Boulder Canyons. That trail ends right in the middle of the heart depicted on the Stone Maps. It also ends at a huge heart formation.

If you take into consideration how long ago I put that map together, without being at that particular place, it seem like one hell of a coincidence.

Good luck,

Joe
Cactusjumper,
I still have your maps. Infact, when I launch Google Earth (a great research tool) it opens to your maps, superimposed onto the 3d landscape. I admit, things about it are a little spooky. Several things just look right. I only wish that the image you sent was of a much higher resolution because what I have tends to pixelate as an overlay. After all these years, your solution is still the only one that gives me pause.

I love these images.

And let me say this. If I am wrong, and I may very well be, I would have no problem with you being correct.

I see it this way. It really doesn't matter who reaches into the bowl and pulls out the winning ticket because you cant take the prize home anyway. Well, perhaps after hours, when the carnival close for the night. But even then, 10 will get you 20.

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Cactusjumper,
I still have your maps. Infact, when I launch Google Earth (a great research tool) it opens to your maps, superimposed onto the 3d landscape. I admit, things about it are a little spooky. Several things just look right. I only wish that the image you sent was of a much higher resolution because what I have tends to pixelate as an overlay. After all these years, your solution is still the only one that gives me pause.

I love these images.

And let me say this. If I am wrong, and I may very well be, I would have no problem with you being correct.

I see it this way. It really doesn't matter who reaches into the bowl and pulls out the winning ticket because you can take the prize home anyway. Well, perhaps after hours, when the carnival close for the night. But even then, 10 will get you 20.

Hal,

Thank you.

Everyone should know that I have close friends who don't see the connected dots. Many others have no problem seeing them. As I have always said, the Stone Maps could very well be a false lead to treasure, but they are accurate.

Someone better than me will have to figure it out.:icon_scratch:

Good luck,

Joe

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deducer and Paul,

As far as families sharing information on rogue ancestors, we have done a lot of genealogy and the families usually take delight in sharing that kind of information. A black sheep spices up your history!

They frequently have absolutely no interest in the treasure angle and they probably wouldn't would give you the time of day if approached, looking only for treasure.

An example; Janie and some of Travis' relations in Texas volunteered several personal stories. Travis served two terms in the Texas Penitentiary as a young man, he escaped from prison on one occasion and turned himself in a year or so later, he was an acquaintance of Clyde Barrow, he was a tough, etc.

Now if I had a real "treasure hunter" in my ancestry, I might be ashamed of them and try to hide it but a crook would be just fine.:laughing7:

The thing that would bother them is those hunters, whose theory doesn't match the history, implying that members of the family that have offered information in good faith are mistaken or lying to hide something!

Garry

Garry - funny you should make the comments you did in that post as I had been thinking about something while working and just came back to post it myself.

My thought was that if anyone ever had an opportunity to access Travis's manuscript, it would likely be someone who didn't come off as "treasure hunter" with an agenda. You've had tremendous fortune in contacting people who were willing to share stories, documents and other information for no other reason than sheer historical curiosity - and for that the LDM community owes you a degree of gratitude. While nothing you find may ever lead anyone to a monetary treasure, the historical value of some of the things you've uncovered and were allowed access to share have been the real prize for many of us.

I echo your comments.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
TH,

Please don't even consider pulling this thread, as it has the potential of being very important. Rules are meant for the betterment of all, and shutting this down over the petty bickering that has been going on is counterproductive to all. I'm sure we can all survive/including TNet with what's being tossed back and forth.

Take care,

Joe

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
"Everyone should know that I have close friends who don't see the connected dots."

My friend Frank Augustine is one who does not see the connection. I still love him.:violent1::laughing7:

Joe Ribaudo

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
"Everyone should know that I have close friends who don't see the connected dots."

My friend Frank Augustine is one who does not see the connection. I still love him.:violent1::laughing7:

Joe Ribaudo
Frank has his own ideas about the stones but I am not sure where that interpretation takes him.

Millions do!

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi RG1976

I like your video , but I would like to see you to participate a bit on the comments and not only like a narrator and a camera operator . I believe beyond the cameraman, growing up a future capable treasure hunter ( and don't tell again how you are not a TH ) .
This picture is from below the site which I believe describes the Chest stone map in the land shapes . I think in the middle of the photo , on the side wall , are the numbers 35 . Could be a part of the 1535 which are carved on the Chest map ?
Or are a coincidence , or Nature's " games " ?

35.JPG

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Deducer and Paul,

As far as families sharing information on rogue ancestors, we have done a lot of genealogy and the families usually take delight in sharing that kind of information. A black sheep spices up your history!

They frequently have absolutely no interest in the treasure angle and they probably wouldn't would give you the time of day if approached, looking only for treasure.

An example; Janie and some of Travis' relations in Texas volunteered several personal stories. Travis served two terms in the Texas Penitentiary as a young man, he escaped from prison on one occasion and turned himself in a year or so later, he was an acquaintance of Clyde Barrow, he was a tough, etc.

Now if I had a real "treasure hunter" in my ancestry, I might be ashamed of them and try to hide it but a crook would be just fine.:laughing7:

The thing that would bother them is those hunters, whose theory doesn't match the history, implying that members of the family that have offered information in good faith are mistaken or lying to hide something!

Garry

Garry,

There may be more to it than just the TH stigma.

Aileen Tumlinson is said to have intimated to someone close to her, that the story of how Travis found the Stones isn't quite the truth.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH,

Please don't even consider pulling this thread, as it has the potential of being very important. Rules are meant for the betterment of all, and shutting this down over the petty bickering that has been going on is counterproductive to all. I'm sure we can all survive/including TNet with what's being tossed back and forth.

Take care,

Joe

CJ, there are no special rules for certain forums, same rules apply to all forums except the politics forum which has separate rules. Rules will be enforced, if members don't want a chance of a specific thread being pulled post by TN rules....

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
CJ, there are no special rules for certain forums, same rules apply to all forums except the politics forum which has separate rules. Rules will be enforced, if members don't want a chance of a specific thread being pulled post by TN rules....

you are always threatening us with time out's..expulsion..banning and pulling OUR threads..and you did block me from viewing page 16 on the thread that you pulled my post....did you ever think that we might ban you?...if everyone stopped posting here you wouldnt have much of a forum..you would lose all your advertisers ...you have already riled gollum (mike)..he hasnt posted here in over a month...he was a very big part of this forum....he has done a ton of research and has posted most of it here...everyone here liked him and i doubt if he will post here again....something for you to ponder

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Per TN rules...

"Respect our moderators. Our moderators are tasked with keeping TreasureNet family friendly, on topic, and civil. Not always an easy task. Insults, and personal attacks against our moderators will not be tolerated and may be grounds for account deletion and banning.

If you've posted something, and it disappears, don't make a big deal out of it in another post! You've probably violated some rule...."

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Dave,
Tnet is a private enterprise (I think) and their rules are meant to keep people like you and I in check and the conversation civil and moving forward. I am not sure why you are so easily upset and annoyed all the time. You are taking it all way to seriously and making things far too personal.

Mike will return when he is ready and we will all be better off for it.
Until then, relax. You are going to end up giving yourself an ulcer.

Thoughts of a mass exodus from TNet are not very realistic.
It's a great site.
Addictive some might say.

If it helps you settle down any, I apologize for being such a prickly thorn in your side.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave is unable to post for awhile......

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
seems a few months back, i saw an img in one of these LDM threads with an out of place mole hill
it was just a img that conveyed if you stand here you can see this view, dont remember any markers
or what thread, just thinking it looked a mole like hill, and why was it there, wish i had saved it

To the right and above the heart formation, you may notice an unusually shaped hill.:dontknow:

Good luck,

Joe

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My wife and I moved and lived in Superior 27 years ago.In this pic the white circle with the point is the old "Coyotes Den".
Beer and ice stop. North of old 60.
It was 2 mobile homes.One a residence, and other the rest stop,beer and ice stop.
The other little circle South of the highway,is an old house foundation.The house when I saw it was brick, or had a brick layer on top of adobe.
Someone said the stones where found in the turnaround driveway.

coyotes den 1992.jpg

Old highway 60 is the white line north of the new 2 lane in yellow.
You can see the location of Coyotes Den and the house.
old highway 60.jpg

Old bridge just before Queen Valley on the west side.
This is 2.5 miles NE from the spot.
Same bridge still there today.
I found an old newspaper article that reported the stones where found here with a picture taken by the reporter.

Queen Valley Bridge-Maps found maybe.jpg

Attachments

• old bridge queen creek.jpg
    old bridge queen creek.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
roadrunner,

This is what I tried to say earlier and was basically told "Bert Love" was the expert and he had the "best" information gotten directly from the uncle, Robert Tumlinson so respectfully I let the show go on.

Love said Tumlinson found the Stone Maps in 1948. The highway was moved in 1949-1950.

So if Love is the "expert", the stones were found in 1948 north of the old highway.

Not the new highway 60 bridge.

There's a lot more to the story that is being ignored but it would just interrupt things.

Matthew

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
roadrunner,

This is what I tried to say earlier and was basically told "Bert Love" was the expert and he had the "best" information gotten directly from the uncle, Robert Tumlinson so respectfully I let the show go on.

Love said Tumlinson found the Stone Maps in 1948. The highway was moved in 1949-1950.

So if Love is the "expert", the stones were found in 1948 north of the old highway.

Not the new highway 60 bridge.

There's a lot more to the story that is being ignored but it would just interrupt things.

Matthew
Always impressive Mr. Roberts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread